test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jungle Book Remake *No Spoilers*

equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
edited May 2016 in Ten Forward
So the Mrs dragged me along to watch the new Jungle Book film. I was not looking forward to it as I'm not a big fan of 'remakes' especially if they are already classic films.

I'm also not a very big fan of CGI especially when it come's to animals (I've always found there are just too many 'give away's to make it believable, the only CGI film I have come across so far which does a good job is Planet of the apes, and now this film too. I think they also used the real eyes of the actors as they seemed very 'alive'.
(For instance, I knew immediately that Christopher Walken was King Loui before he even said a word, those eyes!)

So as I was saying I was not expecting much, but was (very) pleasantly surprised by the film, not only was the CGI spot on, but the way in which it was adapted made perfect sense for a 'live action' film; I was wondering how they would put in the 'songs' without completely destroying 'immersion', but even these where used in a very subtle and clever way.

I would say every single actor was perfectly cast and the kid did a phenomenal job not only because he is so young, but also because his acting next to things he could not really see (CGI characters) was absolutely amazing (Ewan McGreggor might want to take a few acting lessons from this kid, his scenes with JarJar Binks/Yoda where laughable as you knew he was talking to thin air).

I have to say I'm very surprised such a scary film got a PG rating as its far scarier and more violent than the original film; that said, Disney seems to have a knack of getting away with scary and violent films for children :D

All in all, I would recommend it for everybody!
Post edited by equinox976 on

Comments

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Never like the original one. And I'm a Furry.

Blows ya mind, don't it?

That your a furry or that you did not like the original one??
    :dizzy:
    Anyhoo, I think you will like the remake :)
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    equinox976 wrote: »
    So the Mrs dragged me along to watch the new Jungle Book film. I was not looking forward to it as I'm not a big fan of 'remakes' especially if they are already classic films.

I'm also not a very big fan of CGI especially when it come's to animals (I've always found there are just too many 'give away's to make it believable, the only CGI film I have come across so far which does a good job is Planet of the apes, and now this film too. I think they also used the real eyes of the actors as they seemed very 'alive'.
    (For instance, I knew immediately that Christopher Walken was King Loui before he even said a word, those eyes!)

So as I was saying I was not expecting much, but was (very) pleasantly surprised by the film, not only was the CGI spot on, but the way in which it was adapted made perfect sense for a 'live action' film; I was wondering how they would put in the 'songs' without completely destroying 'immersion', but even these where used in a very subtle and clever way.

I would say every single actor was perfectly cast and the kid did a phenomenal job not only because he is so young, but also because his acting next to things he could not really see (CGI characters) was absolutely amazing (Ewan McGreggor might want to take a few acting lessons from this kid, his scenes with JarJar Binks/Yoda where laughable as you knew he was talking to thin air).

I have to say I'm very surprised such a scary film got a PG rating as its far scarier and more violent than the original film; that said, Disney seems to have a knack of getting away with scary and violent films for children :D

All in all, I would recommend it for everybody!

"The Original" is the stories written by Rudyard Kipling about Mowgli, not that stupid stupid Disney c-r-a-p-fest. If you think anything in this film is dark I suggest you go read those.

I am aware of the original writer. Have you seen the new film yourself ? (are you referring to the original or the remake as the 'crapfest'?)
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    SPOILER ALERT!

The bear is a bear!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png