test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pass tokens listed but not rewarded

farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
edited April 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I had 48 pass tokens, collected rewards on an admiralty assignment that listed 2 pass tokens as part of the reward, and stayed at 48. "That's odd," I thought. Must have actually had 46 and just didn't read it properly because the font this game uses is absolutely abysmal and there's no option to use a different one. Oh well.

And then I collected rewards for another admiralty assignment that listed 1 pass token as part of the reward.

Still 48.

I spent a pass token to skip an assignment and it went to 47.

Please fix this.

Edit with screenshots. You can clearly see the assignment log showing pass tokens as part of the rewards for those assignments, and my chat log showing that the pass tokens were not granted, and the fact that I used 5 afterward and went to 43, so I did have 48 originally. And no, I'm sorry, but I didn't take a screenshot of how many I had before collecting the reward (wormhole aliens didn't answer my prayers, so no time-travel visions for me today). However, I will be keeping an eye out for it in the future so I can document it if/when it happens again.

w4w6kRn.png

SEgFeS7.png

p1pyQjP.png

Comments

• farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    I collected rewards for more admiralty assignments that rewarded pass tokens, and it happened again. This time, I was cautious and took a screenshot beforehand as well.

Before:

uiy1sm4.png

After:

FFkTgBC.png
    For the next alt, I took a short video of collecting rewards for an assignment with pass tokens and getting nothing. I can post it if necessary.
  • robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Same problem here.
    Collected rewards with a pass token on my main, worked fine. Collected rewards with a pass token on one of my KDF tacs, token disappeared.
  • captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Just happened to me too. I'll have to leave any other assignments uncollected until this is fixed.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Interesting, in one of my admiralty rewards I was positive I had some rubidium listed as prize yesterday and when collected no rubidium was awarded.
    IInLzhi.gif

I guess the problem is much larger than I realized. Thanks.

Would be nice if there was some regression testing for these patches to make sure things don't get broken like this.
    Does Cryptic plan on any kind of reimbursement or compensation? I'm losing several pass tokens per day because of this, not to mention all the other rewards I'm missing but not watching as carefully.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    I can confirm this issue, and will raise it with the OST.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It gets stranger still. I critted Patrol Core Systems and noticed it listed a pass token among the rewards, and decided not to collect it. Changed maps, looked again, and noticed it didn't list a pass token. Changed maps again and the pass token was back on the list.

PS. Changed maps again, and now it lists 2 pass tokens.
  • lurka72lurka72 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Same issue for me. Two pass tokens in critical reward, but only one collected. One pass token and none collected. It seems the game counts one less token than indicated or replaces it with a random item. :/

Bye,
    Adm. Lurak
    I just collected a reward that promised one pass token, watched my current stock of them carefully, and... got two tokens. That was a nice change.
    edited May 2016
    Apparently it rerolls every time you change maps. I saw three crits with two pass tokens each and figured I might as well hang on to them until this is fixed because that's a significant chunk. Go into space, go to Admiralty tab to start more missions, and the rewards were different. No pass tokens listed anymore. I collected rewards for those three missions, no pass tokens.

I'm wondering whether it's an actual recalculation of the rewards or whether it's just a display bug.

EDIT: Strike that. I collected two and missed the third, noticed the third one sitting there, figured I might as well clear it out of the way, and it gave me one pass token. I have no idea what's going on behind the curtain.
    This bug seems to affect other types of assignments, too. I exchanged DOFFs and got one different from what initially reported in the assignment outcome. If it's just a random re-roll, it doesn't make any difference in the end, anyway I hope it's fixed ASAP.

2qdzhhf.jpg

Bye,
    Adm. Lurak
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    There does seem to be an issue on the doffing UI screen between what's represented and what is actually collected in various inventories. Doffing seems to either change the amount of what's collected and what's represented from missions for commodities, personnel, items and gear. Thankfully I've not seen an issue with flarks or dil. R&D appears to be a disconnect between what is represented in the UI and what's collected. Almost as if a fresh rng roll is being applied. Admiralty, pass tokens are not showing up in the general pool upon collection. I also think one time ship rewards are changing too. Anyone else notice that one?
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Oh look another thing that's broken in STO. What a surprise...
    In any case, it starts to be annoying. Today I collected 5 criticals with tokens, but didn't get a single one! :'(
    lurka72 wrote: »
    In any case, it starts to be annoying. Today I collected 5 criticals with tokens, but didn't get a single one! :'(

You have to keep an eye on the criticals that don't promise tokens, as well. All random rewards get re-rolled.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    Response for the Dev's taken directly from the OST forums for anyone that;s interested
    For clarity's sake, if you wish to reference this response elsewhere, you should still be receiving pass tokens through the admiralty system. Since currently it does not correspond with the UI's indication of what assignments reward them, it may be not something that you notice, but my testing did indicate that they are still being given out.
    ​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    So the fact that you collect them and they don't show up in the pool of pass tokens means they are being collected where?

Ok misread that. So pass tokens are now randomly picked up from missions that don't show pass tokens, or other items are being collected as them instead of what's been shown. That seems to fit in with what's been happening with the rest off doffing.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • jenfer1127jenfer1127 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having this problem currently. Was working up until some time ago (a few days?) but it's definitely broken now. I don't seem to be getting any pass tokens, randomly or otherwise.