test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [April 28th, 2016]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be having a maintenance tomorrow 4/28 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that was causing lower performance on high end AMD CPUs.

I hope this fixes what I think it fixes... (core parking stuttering)
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Thats quite a list of repairs there....
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Nice long list of repairs. Which I'm sure is much needed.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    "The Fleet K’T’inga Battle Cruiser Retrofit now has a correct icon for its T5-U version."

Nice, glad to see this finally being addressed.

Now, can we also fix the "nacelles not glowing at close range" bug on that ship?
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Holy patch notes, Batman!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Great to see many of these issues being dealt with.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that was causing lower performance on high end AMD CPUs.

Cue "Ode to Joy."
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    They finally fixed the interior of past Drozana? O_o' I think that glitch had existed as long as the Devidian FEs had.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Nice list of fixes.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    Good list of fixes. Now how about the Kor problems including the torpedo console not being photon torpedoes and not being able to use the B'rolth hull for the T5 and T6 B'rel birds of prey?

Another problem is many voiceovers are missing, exept for the later episodes???
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    Arc preview for Wide Angle Voth Transphasic-Chroniton Launcher now accurately shows 180-degrees instead of 90-degrees. ?

What's the point if we still can't upgrade it via crafting from it's "infinite mark" (MKXII equivalent) to MKXIV or it's rarity up to gold?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    So not only did they fix the plasma wave console, they did a 5% nerf. Ok, will the Sticky Web be nerfed down to +20% tetryon damage as well?
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    It is really nice to see that AMD GPU's are finally on the radar for PWE. It's just too bad there is nothing in STO right now that interests me enough to login. However, I am sure all AMD GPU owners appreciate that PWE has finally decided to put some time and effort over the past few weeks into fixing the many issues that have driven players away from STO.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    •Resolved an issue where the rank number on Sweeping Strikes constantly blinked in and out.
    My tac toons thank you from the bottoms of their pixellated little hearts.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • duntyrduntyr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    "Reman Males no longer have access to the Caitian tails in the tailor."
    Oh man!
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    How many patches have we had since 2010 now? And still no fix for the broken cloaking device. Friendlies providing story information? DROP CLOAK! DS9 advancing the baddie gallery? DROP CLOAK! Tholians screeching Sxxs-schxsxx-cxsx! You get the idea.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • duntyrduntyr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue that was causing lower performance on high end AMD CPUs."
    We'll see...everytime my drivers update the GameClient crashes. No one knows why. I just roll back to my old version and it works again.
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    What about Karfi textures :( my pretty space devil fire fish...
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • bluesunshot#7246 bluesunshot Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    What about Karfi textures :( my pretty space devil fire fish...

Don't worry, one day your textures will be fixed. It will, one day, you know, one day.

• wwwwoodywwwwoody Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Romulan Republic Universal Tech Upgrades are now improved by Upgrade Weekends.

This is good, just wish I hadn't used mine already, I assumed as there was an upgrade weekend on the cards when these were launched that if this was going to be the case they would already have been set to be improved by the weekends.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand maintenance is complete!
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Dont appear more the selection of quality in roster of doff, after patch.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    What is the new visual effect I am seeing in space combat? It looks like a black shockwave coming from my ship and I can't figure out what's triggering it. It looks a little like a much bigger version of the Paradox console's rifts so could it be related to the Unstable Anomalies trait?

Edit: It happens when a gravity well collapses regardless of how far away I am.
    Post edited by lopequil on
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Which new NPCs were added to the Foundry?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Which new NPCs were added to the Foundry?

From what I've seen, Captains Shon, Kagran, Koren, and Sulu, Commander Jarok, Admirals Quinn and T'Nea, and that Lt. Commander that's serving under Tuvok on Voyager (I can't remember her name at the moment). I think there's a couple others that I'm forgetting.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • uhnah#4625 uhnah Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    What ever happened to StarTrek Enterprise?
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Wow, did they stealth buff Vosk? The ground part of the FE seems to have gone from entirely too easy to actually tough.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    My graphics have suddenly improved tremendously. High end AMD CPU's? Also...the lag is gone! Well done, Cryptic!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    I don't know about anyone else, but I've been having more disconnect issues since this latest patch. Every time I either go through a map transfer or try to change alts, it takes forever to accomplish, plus the server will occasionally stop working or time out.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    djxprime wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but I've been having more disconnect issues since this latest patch. Every time I either go through a map transfer or try to change alts, it takes forever to accomplish, plus the server will occasionally stop working or time out.

Been like this for me since they did their server upgrades about what, 2 months ago?

All is good in the morning, no problems at all. In the afternoon (2-5 Pacific) though, SNR's like crazy and ping spikes into the 600+ range every few seconds. When switching characters the first screen I usually see after logging out is the background for the character screen with a box saying that I timed out connecting to the server. Maybe, MAYBE 1 second goes by before that happens. No SNR just straight to the box and then the login screen.

If I want to play and do more than sit in one zone and never move (because moving just results in rubber-banding anyway and forget about zoning), I put up with pings in the 300's by switching to the EU proxy, but at least the ping spikes are gone. Thankfully switching to the EU proxy started working again earlier this week before this latest patch. There for a while the game was COMPLETELY unplayable in the afternoon no matter the proxy, or lack of.

I can't even imagine the amount of lag I'd get if I actually played during US prime time. I guess odd schedule FTW. :(
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.