test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spacedock/First City/New Romulus! Discussion Thread

hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Ten Forward
Discussion thread for Star Trek Online: Earth Spacedock and First City! (And to a lesser extent, the craziness of The Adventures of Earth Spacedock!)

This thread:
- Collab story ideas with someone.
- Any comments on the RP.
- Post pics and bg info of your Captains/ships/crews.
- Get clarification from other posters, or post ideas on direction.
- Thoughts on ways to improve the RP.

RP-thread rules/tips:
  • No NSFW stuff.
  • Don't take over other people's RP characters (unless they're okay with it).
  • In general, you should 'conveniently omit' context that denotes your character as "the player/the one" from in-game, and, rather, generalize events, so as to maintain a shared semi-non-conflicting RP-thread continuity. Will require your creativity! [Notes: It is not to say your character didn't engage in specific episodes/events, but not to specify they did either.] [Exceptions: Large scale events, like fleet battles (i.e. The Iconian attack at Earth, or general Na'Khul alerts) are ok to mention, but may still require some generalization. Use your best judgement!] For major exceptions to this rule, see the discussion thread for an ongoing list of episode/event involvement.
Post edited by hawku001x on

Comments

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I'm pretty new at RPing line-by-line, so hopefully it's working! Thoughts are welcome. If it gets inactive, or you have an idea, feel free to move the storyline.

I used to do forum Trek RPs where it was a few paragraphs per post, sometimes between days, and ppl would collab (even co-edit their posts), or just play based on the Episode description. Very old school, but fun as well!

For this, along with RP-ing, people can also post short stints of their Captain/Admirals visits on Spacedock, to take a breather, react to the current state of the galaxy, or just play their Cap/Adm in whats going on their world.

Was also thinking at some point I'd start threads for the First City and New Romulus.
  • the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hey, I'd be interested in a more Romulan RP. I'm used to multi-para forum RP too

EDITION: (my reaction to the IC RP thread: LOL-WHAT?)
    Post edited by the0infamous on
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Yeah, the first thread got out of control...

In any case, (Fleet) Admiral Nat commands the U.S.S. Firestorm, an elite Avenger Class Battlecruiser, and is generally considered to be a war hero. STO continuity wise, he acted as "the player" during the Dominion Occupation of DS9, had a major role in Omega Force (including being part of the Task Forces for all the Borg STFs), and acted as "the player" during the Iconian War.

Also, I'll be sure not to mess with reality like I accidental sorta did before. I too am pretty new to the non-OP role playing. :sweat_smile:
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    One quick question what is NSFW
    "Not Safe For Work", as Google tells me.

Makes sense.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    Okay i think i see, although some more clarification from Hawku could be useful
    edited April 2016
    Fair enough. B)

Also, I'm assuming that since we've restarted the serious RP ESD Thread, the original, crazy one is free reign now? :p
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hanging out in Adventures on ESD right now...
    Biographical Report: Ardrian Prithgui Dareau, Fleet Admiral, United Federation of Planets' Starfleet
    Race: Joined Trill (Special). The Symbiont is known as "Ardrian Dareau", who's been trying to blend the better aspects of Kirk's operation style with a slightly more... chivalric and therefore diplomatic focus. These efforts are slightly hampered by his mirror universe host Prithgui, a vengeful, sadistic, torturous being. Due to Prithgui "not being 100% suitable to host", when Prithgui "forced" the joining in an effort to... take advantage of Ardrian's presence in the mirror universe, his insuitability led to a "personality suppression", letting the Symbiont have near unfettered access to the pairing.

Having enjoyed a previous life as a swordsman, he's carried on a tradition of swordplay throughout all his incarnations, having a specially crafted "TRIBBLE sword style" Tholian Crystalline Sword manufactured. Having adapted to the adage "never bring just a knife to a gunfight", Ardrian has practiced the use of a recoilless full auto rifle in his "off" hand (for spray and pray / intimidation factors) and the sword in his right hand - though if circumstances warrant he's been known to sling the rifle and go full-sword only.

He almost is never found without IQ9, the Android given to his command. Since she's not a big fan of that name, they've agreed to call her "Thoreau". She's Ardrian's Executive Officer - tasked to help with a lot of the Admiral-level paperworks.

Ardrian's flagship is usually the "USS Little Paradise, Registry number: Variable", currently assigned to a "fleet-grade" Pathfinder, previously a Vesta, and before that, a Luna.

The Little Paradise's "greatest achievement" has been cataloging a phenomenon where it seems that multiple "quantum dimensional signatures" are overlapping slightly, primarily affecting the "Command Officer" of multiple starships, so that while in their own "quantum dimensional signature" or "instance", they are the singular "hero", but in certain other areas (primarily bases, but certain "higher end" fleet actions are also affected), these signatures begin to overlap even more, allowing the interaction between multiple "officers" or "ships" with different "quantum dimensional signatures". In other areas, especially the ground battlezone of the Solanae Sphere, the quantum signature blur is so pronounced that multiple members of each crew are visible to "other" quantum signatures, etc.

Recognizing this phenomenon, he's quite used to, and expects, others to think they're the "sole savior" of the universe, etc. etc.
    Post edited by dareau on
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    conkav22 wrote: »
    Okay i think i see, although some more clarification from Hawku could be useful

Ya what Nat said. You guys don't do anything like that anyway, so nothing to worry about.
    admiralnat wrote: »
    Also, I'm assuming that since we've restarted the serious RP ESD Thread, the original, crazy one is free reign now? :p

Yep, though those loose end-mysteries not being resolved are going to bug me. lol
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Well... I'm using my main, as can be seen in my sig. Lexington's a T5U Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit in a Sovereign configuration.

Thinking she's reading Manga or something on that PADD right now.
    >.>
    <.<
    :D

And I agree that the first SpaceDock thread went FUBAR. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    A Sovereign? For some reason I thought it was an Excelsior... guess not. :|
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited April 2016
    Hello everyone.
    I'm relatively new to Arc and STO, but not RPing, so when I get the time I will make my sigs, character bios, etc.
    In short, my first post sums up Elihu and my second one will give a little more background into his aunt Lydia. (I'm surprised ST never had a Vulcan/Betazoid hybrid. That would've been the most tragic character ever lol)

Also, on the subject of RP... I do tend to get long-winded with my posts, as I see most of you do not. That's fine, but since I'm a writer, I naturally write a lot of description. I also tend to go days without posting for various reasons. For example, Im off work on friday and saturdays but dont have access to internet on those days so I wont be on then. So if you dont think our pace will mesh well, I dont mind if your main characters dont interact with mine. However, if you could throw me a not-main, that'll be great lol
    edited April 2016
    Sounds good! Your posts have been great. I'm going to try and get something with more substance as soon as I can. We can go at our own paces if anyone wants to build personal backstory or interact. Or if any newcomers wanted to just stop off, do their own self-contained bit and then take off, that's ok too (Kind of how early DS9 was like).

In terms of main story, was thinking our first mystery could be that mysterious cargo in Spacedock's cargo bay with some kind of link to the Iconians (Idea pulled from the crazy Spacedock thread). Also, if there's another direction someone wanted to go, let me know, or if they wanted to start a B-story, that would be fine too.
    im gonna message you with my idea. i think we could actually combine the two, yours and mine
    im gonna message you with my idea. i think we could actually combine the two, yours and mine

Replied!

@dareau In RE to my last entry, we should somehow activate a portal and send Ardrain to the new STO: Earth Spacedock thread. :p
    hawku001x wrote: »

Replied!

@dareau In RE to my last entry, we should somehow activate a portal and send Ardrain to the new STO: Earth Spacedock thread. :p

An Iconian Gateway between timelines?
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Been thinking about it, who needs some sort of Gateway to bring Dareau and co. over?

Adventures at ESD can be one of those "different parallel quantum signature" thingies (read: Instance) that can be "crazy", plain ESD thread can be the "normal" visit...

Looks like I'll have the group starting over soon...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    admiralnat wrote: »
    An Iconian Gateway between timelines?

Yes!

dareau wrote: »
    Been thinking about it, who needs some sort of Gateway to bring Dareau and co. over?

Adventures at ESD can be one of those "different parallel quantum signature" thingies (read: Instance) that can be "crazy", plain ESD thread can be the "normal" visit...

Looks like I'll have the group starting over soon...

Very true!
    o.O
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Before I jump into "normal" ESD, I'm seeing that it's being played out more as a "we each did a different part of a storyline"...

If so, I'd like to know before I go in spouting my "quantum signatures for instances so we all are the hero" stuffs.

That, and I'll claim earning my Fleet Admiralty for my heroics in the Tholian Incursions & some "behind the scenes" Mirror Universe stuffs (ie, the 'backstory' that got me my Mirror Host...)

edited April 2016
    That's a good question! If you guys can make it work, it's totally fine to claim things and work out who's got what.

In my mind, I will probably play my mains like the story missions are a general grey area; like they happened, but my mains won't get into specifics (A generally accepted unexplained, like when Worf wouldn't talk about the Klingon ridges at K-7). Then again, I also may or may not react to released episodes, so, I'm not sure. Maybe clashing backstories would be part of that generally accepted unexplained.

Though, when I do focus on backstory, I'll probably go for past events I make up that happened between game episodes.
    That's a good question! If you guys can make it work, it's totally fine to claim things and work out who's got what.

In my mind, I will probably play my mains like the story missions are a general grey area; like they happened, but my mains won't get into specifics (A generally accepted unexplained, like when Worf wouldn't talk about the Klingon ridges at K-7). Then again, I also may or may not react to released episodes, so, I'm not sure. Maybe clashing backstories would be part of that generally accepted unexplained.

Though, when I do focus on backstory, I'll probably go for past events I make up that happened between game episodes.

Well, take a look at Nat's and Krystal's little "exchange"...

Krystal claims to have been the one who did the "intro to the Iconian War" mission, at least the part where she wound up on Lae'nas III to see M'Tara before they nuked the Preserver Archive, and she was in the "Sol Defense Fleet" during the big Iconian strikes, while Nat was the one to portal to Ancient Iconia...

So if that's the case - where each one of us only performed certain "portions" or "chunks" of the overall storyline, then a thread like this becomes the place to "lay claim" to your achievements. To demonstrate:

Ardrian Dareau would be the "Extradimensional Expert", with a focus on the Tholians and Mirror Universe, due to their "transdimensional nature". I'd be the one who either cleaned out or led the clearing out of Nukara, performed the two missions of the Romulan Reputation in the caves because the Tholians were there (so I would be the one to have "found" the Iconian Gateway, but then handed off responsibility to someone a bit more versed in "gateway mechanics", so I'd not have played the "return where the gateway was activated"), cleared the "lower" Mol'Rihan Tholian-focused alerts, and the "Terran" oriented missions like being "in charge" of the Badlands battlezone / led the Assault on Terak Nor & Counterpoint strikes, Led the Defense of Vauthil Station (Mirror Incursion) / Azure Nebula / blather blather - basically most "content" centered around the Tholians or Mirror Universe would have my hand in it...

But, my knowledge of things from the Klingon War arc, the parts of the Romulan arc & Reputation that dealt with the Tal'Shiar, Dominion, Iconians, Na'Kuhl (outside of the reports of Tholian activity, which would be flagged for me as "Extradimensional Expert"), etc. etc. would be limited to reports / briefings. Though, I, too "might" have been in, say, the Sol Defense Fleet or I was one of the stragglers to make it to Qo'nos when the Undine attacked...

Nat seems to be laying claim on (ie, having performed) a lot of the "temporal" themed stuff, so he probably was the one to do at least the tail end of Spectres, the latter parts of the Iconian War, and a lot of the current Na'Kuhl & Captain Walker stuff because of the Temporal activities.

edited April 2016
    I see what you're saying. It's almost like a can of worms by laying claim to being the 'one' player STO focuses on (which we all are). Would we benefit from a general rule restricting RPers from doing this? Would you guys be ok with that?
    The main issue is STO is from the POV of our characters. The Sol Defense part was easy because it was a major fleet action. MANY ships were involved.

Creating recent history backgrounds for our characters are going to be a challenge.
    Yeah. I wouldn't want to tell anyone what their character histories were, or force anyone to change them. How about if we were just 'conveniently omitting', but not saying those events didn't happen? (Not including the large fleet battles)
    Sounds good to me.
    At least that leaves open my shenanigans that is the reason for the Lexington being the weirdest ship in the fleet. ^^

If we get any mad science and people turning into things... We got experts. ^^
    edited April 2016
    dareau wrote: »
    Nat seems to be laying claim on (ie, having performed) a lot of the "temporal" themed stuff, so he probably was the one to do at least the tail end of Spectres, the latter parts of the Iconian War, and a lot of the current Na'Kuhl & Captain Walker stuff because of the Temporal activities.

Actually, I've basically only specified the following:
    1. Admiral Nat seeing T'Ket on New Romulus (and probably having been "the player" during the attack on New Romulus)
    2. The admiral going back in time to ancient Iconia, as the player does
    3. Admiral Nat being heavily involved in repelling the Dominion occupation of DS9 (could easily have not been the actual player)
    4. Leading STFs against the Borg and Iconians (Still leaves room for any number of other RPers)
    5. The generally accepted Iconian War hero, due to 1, 2, and 4.
    6. "A temporal agent". Notice I never specified doing what. Could have been the player missions. Could have been limited to Khitomer (the Borg STF with the time portal), and the time related stuff during the Iconian War. To be honest, while I'm open to also being the one guy to deal with the Na'Kuhl & Captain Walker stuff (as that would keep all the major time travel to one character), I'm just as open to not being that guy. I'll... leave it up to you guys? :)

Trust me, I know that trying to be the "one" player simply wouldn't end well, and I want to be fair to everyone else, so I'm basically just sticking with the stuff I've specified already. Try to limit people to just one specific story-arc for being the "player", like Dareau said. As the list goes so far:
    1. I'm the resident helped/lead-as-admiral major battles and did the Iconian War missions, Lae'nas III aside. Has evidently dealt with time travel often, but isn't necessarily "the player" for the Na'Kuhl & Captain Walker arc.
    2. Dareau is the expert on the Tholian and Terran Empire stuff.
    3. Rattler has claimed Lae'nas III, but that's all so far, aside from the fact that the U.S.S. Lexington gets all the "weird assignments", which could be anything.

Thoughts?
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited April 2016
    For the record, I'm asking because I saw a bit of an "organic" exchange that wasn't exactly pigeonholing you two (Nat & Krystal/Rattler) into being "the one" - because if she was, why didn't Krystal acknowledge having messed with T'ket and Iconia?
    I see what you're saying. It's almost like a can of worms by laying claim to being the 'one' player STO focuses on (which we all are). Would we benefit from a general rule restricting RPers from doing this? Would you guys be ok with that?

I'd say that this would be, for this thread, a great idea. Because if the three (four) of us go off on a "there is no 'one', but we all did a part of what the game's story entails", and then we had a "one", that would be... awkward...
    Yeah. I wouldn't want to tell anyone what their character histories were, or force anyone to change them. How about if we were just 'conveniently omitting', but not saying those events didn't happen? (Not including the large fleet battles)

But the beauty of this is that the storyline of STO still occurred, but instead of having it be ran by a singular player, each arc had it's own Captain...
    And we were all off either on "unplayed" events ("I was in the task force sent to delay the Heralds around Procyon 3 and all I got was this T-shirt" type deals) or were "bit players" in the major fleet actions under the "RPer in charge of that 'area'"...

I was trying to not contradict what Nat said happened with his character while having some participation in that arc. So... basically anything he didn't claim was fair game at the time.