test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why no civilian DOFFs from the Fleet Starbase?

lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
I'm concentrating on levelling up our fleet mine at the moment and that means I need a lot of civilian DOFFs. We can buy tactical, engineering or science DOFFs on the fleet starbase, but if you need common civilian DOFFs you have but two choices: do Resettle Colonists every other day or so, or open a huge pile of common quality DOFF boxes obtained at the fleet starbase and play the odds.

From 100 of these boxes I normally expect to see around 10-20 civilians. I don't mind that too much - generally one has less need for them - but it's a bit of annoyance that out of those 10-20 perhaps a third will be refugees, which can't be used for mine projects.

So, why are civilians so hard to come by?
Q9BWcdD.png

Comments

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I've gotten annoyingly large numbers of Civilian DOffs from the Fleet Starbase Personnel Officer. Of course, I'm usually hoping for Department-Specific DOffs.

If all you need are Civilian DOffs, I bet you could still dump the others into other projects in your Armada.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    You can also use Civil Corps Recruitment or Civilian Draft Authorization at the personnel officer at the appropriate academy. It only grants two for two days but two more might be better than none. Best bet would be buy off of the exchange.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    You can also sell the white non-civ on the Exchange and buy the cheapest civs. Non-civ often sell for 2-3 times as much as civs.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    You want civilian doffs? Run admirality missions. I get on average 20 to 30 a day.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Grind Uncommon down to Common at the Personnel Officer. Some will be civilians.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    The OP was not asking how to GET more civilian doffs just WHY they are not available from the Fleet Starbase. As usual everyone seems to have missed the point. WHY shouldn't we be able to get civilian doffs from the base. I have used all the methods listed but some times you would just like to be able to go to the base, buy some civie doffs and fill out a project.
    A) you can run out of green and blue doffs to convert to white, b) On the exchange, the price of the doffs can be and probably will be manipulated. C) doing doff missions and admiralty missions take time even tho it might be like 30 minutes it still involves waiting. D) getting from the personnel officer your NOT guaranteed to get civilians
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    @adrianasrx You've hit the nail on the head. I can buy as many common engineer DOFFs as I want quicker than you can say ctrl-click but if I want civilians it's either pay through the nose on the exchange or grind DOFF assignments on as many characters as I can.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The answer I provided was what it was. I am fully aware of what he was asking. Why do they not sell them at the Fleet Store? Did we design the game? A plausible explanation is they are CIVILIANS. Why would a Military Installation have Civilians lying around. It has a few, a Bartender, a Chef, but they have assigned duties.

Some does not mean guaranteed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Same here. No one except Cryptic staff can answer "why" so we are suggesting how you can work with the game as it exists.