test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So I want to recreate the USS Vengeance...

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Thank you. It does look pretty mean :). The spine/neck coming out of the deflector is weird, but it's shape is reminiscent of the Vengeance's neck from what little I've seen of it - kind of a blocky angular ramp up from the bottom of the engineering hull to the saucer.

Yeah, it kind of looks like a streamlined 'futuristic' take on a ship like the Veneance.

Funny thing is.. I hate the look of the T5 Avenger. I also hate the look of the T6 Arbiter. I think they're two hideous looking ships, but they each have enough cool parts that I can mix them and get something I like. The split armor deflector is the better of two not to great options here. My only other option is that stupid Avenger deflector that looks like a light up Lego set. I just can't do that, it's too ugly. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    so not gonna go with the t6 cruiser like mine?
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Yeah. That dual neck just stabs me in the eyeballs every time, plus the pylons are mounted to the hull too far back ala Galaxy class... It's STO's thing and it's great for STO, but it's not very old school. Honest, I think it's weird a T2 science ship is the closed in shape. I'm still mulling over getting the refit/upgrading it so I have a passable number of weapon slots. For sheer violence the 5/3 layout of the Arbiter is sweet, but since I'll likely be running canons over beams minimizing the rear slots isn't a critical priority.
  • diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    ...you can switch pylons too I have 4 to choose from
    So I have to wonder if the new T4 temporal battlecruiser is using the "battlecruiser rig"... 'cause there's an actual round saucer... :grin:
    edited May 2016
    So I was thinking about my ideal STATS for the Vengeance :).

One of the chief problems with converting the Vengeance faithfully is it has TWO on-screen non-standard weapons: the "phaser-balls-of-death" and the dual turreted rapid-fire railguns. While the railguns do not fire on-screen (thanks to Scotty's intervention during the charge-up sequence) their intended effect is clearly described as 100% shield penetration by the ships's designer in the Eaglemoss interview. Since a new T6 ship typically only has one unique new console or weapon we have a quandary. Fortunately as a "Dreadnaught" the Vengeance qualifies for a hangar bay and the Phaser-balls can be managed as a new type of frigate-drone (similar to the Romulan drone) with things neatly lining up that they can only be deployed two at a time. That leaves the railguns to be introduced as a Universal console with both a long charge up and long cooldownthat inflicts single-target physical damage (ignores shields).

Edit: New inspiration! Stats are based on a Fleet Eclipse Intel Cruiser.

SECTION 31 INTELLIGENCE DREADNOUGHT CRUISER (T6)
    Hull: 53,900
    Shield Modifier: 1.1
    Weapons: Fore 5 Aft 3. Can equip dual cannons.
    Hanger Bays: 1 (may carry "Section 31 Sentry Drones" similar to other frigates)

The Vengeance is specially designed to require minimal crew, leading to a unique Boff arrangement. This offers superior Ability ranks at the cost of a reduced number Boff traits being active.
    Bridge Officers:
    ● Lieutenant Commander Tactical (3,2,1)
    ● Commander Engineering-Intelligence (4,3,2,1)
    ● Lieutenant Commander Science (3,2,1)
    ● Lieutenant Universal (2,1)

Device Slots: 3
    Consoles: Tac 4/Eng 5/Sci 2
    Turn Rate: 10
    Impulse Modifier: 0.17
    Inertia rating: 55
    Bonus Power: +10 weapons power; +10 engine power
    Abilities: Carrier commands; Gather Intel

The Vengeance uses the Battlecruiser Ship Mastery package, as befits a warship able to survive being hit with 70+ simultaneous transporter bomb attacks... :smiley:

I Absorptive Hull Plating +25 Physical Damage Resistance Rating. +25 Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating.
    II Enhanced Weapon Banks +15% Critical Severity.
    III Enhanced Hull Plating +25 All Energy Damage Resistance Rating. +25 Radiation Damage Resistance Rating.
    IV Armored Hull +10% Hull Hitpoints.

The Eaglemoss guide/designer commentary indicates that while the Vengeance does not have a cloak, it does have a huge design emphasis on minimizing its energy signature, which suggests a lore-appropriate T6 ship skill...

V Improved Signature Masking You may activate Mask Energy Signature abilities in combat and the penalty to Weapons/Shields/Engine power for doing so is only 5 (instead of 20).

Comes equipped with~
    [Section 31 Sentry Drones]
    May launch up to 2 frigate-like hangar pets
    [Console - Universal - Dual Heavy Railguns]
    Fires a barrage of 4 non-destructible short range projectiles at a single target.
    Target: Single Foe
    Ability Type: Heavy Railgun
    Range: 5 kilometer Range; 90 degree Cone
    Activation: 6 sec charge, 0.6 activate
    Starts cooldown: 2 min
    To Foe: Deals ___ Physical Damage ×4 (90% Shields Penetration)

--Admiralty Card--
    Section 31 Deadnought
    Eng 49/Tac 39/Sci 24
    +20 all stats when alone
    Post edited by nikeix on
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The ball turrets need not be a console, specialty hardpoints could work too. Negh'Tev has two clusters of hardpoints for turret/omni fire on the head, which lets out a rather entertaining spread of fire when CSV is active. I was really hoping the Arbiter would have clusters like these on the secondary hull, but alas, it has the turret hardpoints on the saucer instead. Another option is have it be an in-built lance-style ability instead, like most of the earlier Dreadnought Cruisers that had in-built lance abilities (though, cross-faction ones haven't had a built-in lance so far, so maybe newer designed ships are excluded).

I doubt anything like that BOff layout would come out on a standard ship, maybe an event ship or a small chance on T6 Vo'Quv, but otherwise doubtful. Also, if we're going dream layouts, the Hybrid should be either on the Lt. Commander Uni or if it's a full Hybrid ship for upcoming new Spec, Comm Eng. Having it in the Tac is really limiting on the Kurak and Arbiter, but the Morrigu has it on the Lt. Comm Uni instead, which brings a nice bit of flexibility the other two pack-mates lack.

If it doesn't have the two Cruiser Commands, it wouldn't be a Dreadnought Cruiser, Cryptic has stuck to it's guns on that so far. I suppose it could be classed as a Dreadnought Carrier, like the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought, and give it two hangar bays instead of just one. The only other Dreadnoughts without Cruiser Commands are the Scimitar line ships, which are Dreadnought Warbirds. It wouldn't have Battlecruiser Mastery in any event, usually something packing a bit more punch instead for a Dread Mastery of any type.

I wonder if they've ever gotten farther with negotiating the rights to use the V, as with the 23rd Century stuffs it'd fit in a lot better. Alternate realities wouldn't be a particular stretch if an entire Faction starts out time-traveling. If I'm going to have to be fighting the Borg, Et al. along side end-game TOS geared people I want JJ stuffs...
    tom61sto wrote: »
    The ball turrets need not be a console, specialty hardpoints could work too. Negh'Tev has two clusters of hardpoints for turret/omni fire on the head, which lets out a rather entertaining spread of fire when CSV is active. I was really hoping the Arbiter would have clusters like these on the secondary hull, but alas, it has the turret hardpoints on the saucer instead.
    I absolutely agree that graphically it needs some firing points on the front corners of the engineering hull :). I've been pouring over the Eaglemoss guide and found some interesting ideas that could be ported to STO in a more general way, but I'll put that in a separate thread.
    Another option is have it be an in-built lance-style ability instead, like most of the earlier Dreadnought Cruisers that had in-built lance abilities (though, cross-faction ones haven't had a built-in lance so far, so maybe newer designed ships are excluded).
    I considered that, but decided that doing main weapons/spinal mounts/lances as consoles was one way the Devs had successfully backed away on power creep. You can have the gawdaful big guns, but there is a trade off.
    I doubt anything like that BOff layout would come out on a standard ship, maybe an event ship or a small chance on T6 Vo'Quv, but otherwise doubtful.
    I agree it's strange, but this is the ship that for all its size is essentially a GIGANTIC FIGHTER. You can run it, at least briefly, with one person. Trimming it back to 4 Boffs instead of 5 was a cute way to at least nod to that (now that Crew mechanics are completely gone from the game).
    Also, if we're going dream layouts, the Hybrid should be either on the Lt. Commander Uni or if it's a full Hybrid ship for upcoming new Spec, Comm Eng. Having it in the Tac is really limiting on the Kurak and Arbiter, but the Morrigu has it on the Lt. Comm Uni instead, which brings a nice bit of flexibility the other two pack-mates lack.
    I could see shifting the Intel hybrid to the Commander seat simple because that makes it an "Intelligence dreadnought" which seems fitting for Section 31's crown jewel. I put it on the Tac seat as that mirrors the Arbiter and I was aiming towards a clear line of evolution from the Federation Battle cruisers. I would definitely avoid Command seating as that specialization is too group oriented to be appropriate. I'll tweak the original post. Great feedback :).
    If it doesn't have the two Cruiser Commands, it wouldn't be a Dreadnought Cruiser, Cryptic has stuck to it's guns on that so far. I suppose it could be classed as a Dreadnought Carrier, like the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought, and give it two hangar bays instead of just one. The only other Dreadnoughts without Cruiser Commands are the Scimitar line ships, which are Dreadnought Warbirds. It wouldn't have Battlecruiser Mastery in any event, usually something packing a bit more punch instead for a Dread Mastery of any type.
    I'm leaning more towards an "Intel Dreadnought" classification now, which would mean it could use the gather intel skill seen on those ships. That's actually a really nice feel.
    I wonder if they've ever gotten farther with negotiating the rights to use the V, as with the 23rd Century stuffs it'd fit in a lot better. Alternate realities wouldn't be a particular stretch if an entire Faction starts out time-traveling. If I'm going to have to be fighting the Borg, Et al. along side end-game TOS geared people I want JJ stuffs...

One can only hope! :D

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Oh I think now more then ever JJ stuff is entirely possible. They've shocked us twice this month I wouldn't put it passed them to throw us another curve ball.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Hehe.

Soon...

(I hope anyway, it'd drive the fanboys crazy and that would be hilarious.)
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    A little more tweaking based on my reading. While I like treating it as a Dreadnaught upgrade to the Fleet Eclipse stats (adding a hanger), I think the 5/3 weapon slots works better than 4/4 since the movie ship uses cannons rather than beam banks. The interview described that the Vengeance's directed energy attacks visibly curve - on purpose -. Its part of the modifications that enable them to be fired while at Warp speeds.

I also found a less silly name for the "phaser-balls-of-death" as several drawings list them as "Sentries". I've updated the post with [Section 31 Sentry Drones]
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Oh I think now more then ever JJ stuff is entirely possible. They've shocked us twice this month I wouldn't put it passed them to throw us another curve ball.

No. TOS material is still entirely under the purview of CBS. JJ Trek stuff is Paramount pictures. There is no Star Trek license between Cryptic and Paramount. It would be monstrously expensive.
    A little more tweaking based on my reading. While I like treating it as a Dreadnaught upgrade to the Fleet Eclipse stats (adding a hanger), I think the 5/3 weapon slots works better than 4/4 since the movie ship uses cannons rather than beam banks. The interview described that the Vengeance's directed energy attacks visibly curve - on purpose -. Its part of the modifications that enable them to be fired while at Warp speeds.

I also found a less silly name for the "phaser-balls-of-death" as several drawings list them as "Sentries". I've updated the post with [Section 31 Sentry Drones]

I'd like to see that interview if you have it.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    artan42 wrote: »
    Hehe.

Soon...

(I hope anyway, it'd drive the fanboys crazy and that would be hilarious.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAf0QnLFS7Q
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    The interview described that the Vengeance's directed energy attacks visibly curve - on purpose -. Its part of the modifications that enable them to be fired while at Warp speeds.
    captaind3 wrote: »

Its about seven 1/3rd of a page of text along with a bunch of production sketches in the guide that comes with the Eaglemoss Special Edition USS Vengeance figure. I can answer some question if you like but I'm not comfortable transcribing it in its entirety. It's got some strange tidbits. One section implied that the very different bridge design they came up with for a solo-command ship (and eventually dropped in favor of redecorating the Enterprise bridge set) might get used in ST: Beyond.

You might be able to find video clear enough to read on youtube as there are several 'hands on with the product' videos.

The interview described that the Vengeance's directed energy attacks visibly curve - on purpose -. Its part of the modifications that enable them to be fired while at Warp speeds.

Its about seven 1/3rd of a page of text along with a bunch of production sketches in the guide that comes with the Eaglemoss Special Edition USS Vengeance figure. I can answer some question if you like but I'm not comfortable transcribing it in its entirety. It's got some strange tidbits. One section implied that the very different bridge design they came up with for a solo-command ship (and eventually dropped in favor of redecorating the Enterprise bridge set) might get used in ST: Beyond.

You might be able to find video clear enough to read on youtube as there are several 'hands on with the product' videos.

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBHQzELE7vE

The pertinent information is at about 5:38

I gotta say I hate the arcing phasers idea. And have they never heard of subspace jacketed phasers?

It also shows how primitive the tech was back then. Shields in Star Trek (at least in the 24th century) are energized gravimetric bubbles. Pure kinetic weaponry really shouldn't work on it. Still that was fun to see.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited May 2016
    From what I have read... you need to save up your lockbox keys.. might have an actual Vengeance to play with or tweak a JJprize
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Heh...
    The Lockbox frenzy will be glorious...
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    daveyny wrote: »
    Heh...
    The Lockbox frenzy will be glorious...
    B)

Im saving up on torches and pitchforks and popcorn... the forum fires will be visible from space and Ill be rich from the sales
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    From what I have read... you need to save up your lockbox keys.. might have an actual Vengeance to play with or tweak a JJprize

Indeed..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    I could almost see that:
    "Good news, everyone! T6-Constitution!
    Bad (or good or middle of the spectrum) news: it's the JJ-Enterprise with no chance to use the TOS and TMP parts.
    -50% discounts on popcorn!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    Ok, definitely leaning towards an intel dreadnought. As high end raiders/warbirds typically have only 4 Boff seat, I've cribbed the 4332 patterning from those. Numbers are essentially a Fleet Eclipse Intel Cruiser + hanger - one ensign.

Shield Mod: ×1.1
    Weapons: Fore 4 Aft 4. Can equip dual cannons.
    Hanger Bays: 1 (may carry "Section 31 Sentry Drones")
    Bridge Officers: LtCmdr Tac; Cmd Eng-Int; LtCmdr Sci; Lt Uni-Int
    Devices: 3
    Consoles: T4/E5/S2
    Impulse Mod: ×0.17
    Inertia: 55
    Power: +10 weapons power; +10 engine power
    Ship Skill: Improved Signature Masking - You may activate Mask Energy Signature in combat. The penalty to Weapons/Shields/Engine power is reduced to 5 (instead of 20).

Comes equipped with~
    [Section 31 Sentry Drones] Up to 2 may be launched at once like frigates
    [Console - Universal - Dual Heavy Railguns] 5km range single target physical damage with a long warm up and cooldown

--Admiralty Card--
    Section 31 Deadnought
    Eng 49/Tac 39/Sci 24
    +20 all stats when alone
    why not something like [Console:Universal - Broadside PEWPEW Guns] pokes massive holes in anything 5km away or closer?
    Because the heavy railguns were more prominent in the movie :).

Visually on the ship...but we never got to see them fire.

Don't forget that the Vengeance had drones that were comparable to the Avenger's VATA (as I understand it there were an homage). Fascinating that Mem Alpha refers to them as advanced torpedo launchers instead of Rail Guns. They look like Railguns. Anyone know what the Blu Ray says? That's usually what's considered canon.
    The Eglmoss guide's talk with the creators has them described as railguns. I had thought they were rapid fire torpedo racks too, up until reading that. That's why I was looking at the Omega Torpedo launcher from Omega rep as a possible way of representing them.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »
    Bear in mind that the Variable Auto-Targeting Armament console only works on battlecruisers. Not any other cruiser type.

And truth be told its pretty useless unless you are soloing and at that it's more a gimmick. Slots put to better use with just about anything else. It's kind of cool but it's just so so in prartice with it's long CD.
    psiameese wrote: »
    Bear in mind that the Variable Auto-Targeting Armament console only works on battlecruisers. Not any other cruiser type.
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    And truth be told its pretty useless unless you are soloing and at that it's more a gimmick. Slots put to better use with just about anything else. It's kind of cool but it's just so so in prartice with it's long CD.
    Hee hee :). I have a Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer in full cookie-cutter Antiproton APO/BFAW/TT all-the-brokey-bits-on-one-ship monstrosity build for when I want to play in groups and not drag the average down. (That's the captain that'll be flying a Narada if it were to become available.)

I'm saving up ARC quest zeni to buy an Avenger at some point just to check the VATA out firsthand someday (I can't bring myself to cough up 25 bucks just to test a console from an outdated ship...). If/when I do I'll definitely not bother other people with them, just do some solo play to see how they feel. Thanks for the warning though. I didn't know what to expect from them practical performance-wise. 'Gimmick' is probably ok on a play-around ship - the game is pretty forgiving after all :).

At this point I feel like the "phaser sentries" can be more readily introduced as a type of hangar-frigate. STO "Dreadnoughts" usually (always?) have a hangar slot and the Vengeance doesn't have anything else that logically goes in that slot. Plus that arrangement preserves the precious single new console to be used to represent other things the ship did on screen.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User

Visually on the ship...but we never got to see them fire.

Don't forget that the Vengeance had drones that were comparable to the Avenger's VATA (as I understand it there were an homage). Fascinating that Mem Alpha refers to them as advanced torpedo launchers instead of Rail Guns. They look like Railguns. Anyone know what the Blu Ray says? That's usually what's considered canon.

Doesn't Marcus call for the Enterprise to be targeted with aft torpedoes before we see those things swing out? Also, I think it was J.J. that said in an interview that he imagined them having more torpedoes in each gun than the entire complement of torpedoes on a Constitution class.

Aren't normal torpedoes in Star Trek magnetically propelled out the tubes? "Rail gun" more or less means just that, it need not be uber-fast rail guns like the military is trying out, it could be slower with an active munition (instead of solid hunk of something like current). Even if it is an uber fast launcher, Star Trek torps are capable of their own warp travel, and might even need a fast launch because of it.
    At this point I feel like the "phaser sentries" can be more readily introduced as a type of hangar-frigate. STO "Dreadnoughts" usually (always?) have a hangar slot and the Vengeance doesn't have anything else that logically goes in that slot. Plus that arrangement preserves the precious single new console to be used to represent other things the ship did on screen.

Dreadnoughts now always have at least one hangar, they were back-added to the Galaxy-X, as well the Kara when it was uplifted to being a Dread, even though it's a continuation of the Haa'pax line which wasn't a Dread and didn't have a hangar (or a lance for that matter). Assuming a lock box ship, I'd imagine something more along the lines of a Frigate of some sort. Any sort of weapons platform (VATA, Xindi weapon sphere, Command Cruiser Platforms) has been console based so far.

Ok, definitely leaning towards an intel dreadnought. As high end raiders/warbirds typically have only 4 Boff seat, I've cribbed the 4332 patterning from those. Numbers are essentially a Fleet Eclipse Intel Cruiser + hanger - one ensign.

Shield Mod: ×1.1
    Weapons: Fore 4 Aft 4. Can equip dual cannons.
    Hanger Bays: 1 (may carry "Section 31 Sentry Drones")
    Bridge Officers: LtCmdr Tac; Cmd Eng-Int; LtCmdr Sci; Lt Uni-Int
    Devices: 3
    Consoles: T4/E5/S2
    Impulse Mod: ×0.17
    Inertia: 55
    Power: +10 weapons power; +10 engine power
    Ship Skill: Improved Signature Masking - You may activate Mask Energy Signature in combat. The penalty to Weapons/Shields/Engine power is reduced to 5 (instead of 20).

Comes equipped with~
    [Section 31 Sentry Drones] Up to 2 may be launched at once like frigates
    [Console - Universal - Dual Heavy Railguns] 5km range single target physical damage with a long warm up and cooldown

--Admiralty Card--
    Section 31 Deadnought
    Eng 49/Tac 39/Sci 24
    +20 all stats when alone

Presuming a lockbox ship (which is the rumor that keeps circulating), I wouldn't go so far off normal. A full 13 BOff abilities across 5 stations, though just adding a Universal Ensign would fix that. I'd swap Lt Comm. to Uni/Hybrid (Intel), make the Lt. Uni a Lt. Sci/Hybrid (Pilot could be fun, otherwise Command) seeing as how most Lockbox ships are now dual-spec. Kill gather Intel and remove the Hybrid from the Comm. Eng, add back in the two cruiser commands that Dread Cruisers get. Rather than Mask Energy Sig stuffs, just give it Cloak or Battle Cloak. A T6 Alternate Universe vessel wouldn't likely be a 23rd Century version, but a newer ship further up that branch, kinda like the Xindi-Aquatic vessel being a 25th century vessel of that lineage, not the one seen in Enterprise in the 22nd century.

Also, I'd like more teeth on it, 5/3 weapons (though odd for a Dreadnought Cruiser it might not be off the table), and the sideways path to more DPS via having more Sci slots. If the guidelines for T5-U'ing vessels are still considered when making new vessels, it has to have a minimum of 4 Eng consoles and can't have more than 4 Tac, so 4 Engineering consoles, 3 Sci, 4 Tac.
    edited May 2016
    I'd kicked around giving it a 5/3 weapons layout. There's no disputing that would make it more powerful... but being the bestest ship in the game isn't actually a goal for this exercise :). The main appeal of a 5/3 layout to me is that it favors cannons... Which are what it uses in the movie. I'm just not sure it's necessary or if the "power creep allowance" could maybe be better spent elsewhere.

Or they could just make it the hands down best DPS ship in the game and not worry about little nuances :astonished:.

So what's going on with Science consoles that make them such a DPS thing?
    Post edited by nikeix on
    When ya think about it tho... all the ships we see in JJtrek have cannons and CRF boff ability slotted