test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Full Body "Infected" Mesh

chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
With all of the changes that are popping into the tailor recently, is there any chance at all of the Borg "infected" skin mesh finally being applied to the full body? Right now, the awesome infected pattern only applies to the face, but with so many arm, chest, and leg exposing options, it looks silly not having the same pattern applied to the entire body.

All the work that goes into the tailor is appreciated, and I love that every patch or two there seems to be a few new things added. But I'm hoping a full body Borg infected mesh is one of the things being worked on. With the Summer Event coming soon, that'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,791 Arc User
    I would welcome this as well. IMO Cryptic has lost another big opportunity to make some cool cash by offering the skin or other skin variations in the C-store. This is one that I would gladly pay for among others.​​
    DUwNP.gif

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah, I got a chance to ask about it and the answer was something like "we're planning on doing it eventually".
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I would welcome this as well. IMO Cryptic has lost another big opportunity to make some cool cash by offering the skin or other skin variations in the C-store. This is one that I would gladly pay for among others.​​

Other "skins" perhaps, but as Lib-Borg are already an integrated part of the lifetime sub package it seems highly unlikely that they would offer an "infected" full skin, which would be an extension to that "race," to everybody as a separate unlockable. As, for better or worse, from a business perspective that would probably only diminish the allure of buying a lifetime sub; an allure which is probably naturally diminishing anyway as the game continues to age. Still, and back to the OP, I definitely agree that this would be a great option and can only hope the "eventually" that markhawkman mentioned is sooner than later. o:)

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I got an LTS after a year of playing the game, and I've been in STO for 2 years now. I don't think it's really diminishing in value - it's increasing in fact, with the T6 destroyers and Talaxians having been added last year.

That said, 'finishing' the LTS perks like a full Borg skin would be awesome. I just want my Lib Borg in the sweet Hawaiian shirts for the Summer Event this year, those are awesome.
    yeah, I got a chance to ask about it and the answer was something like "we're planning on doing it eventually".

Where'd you ask that? That's good to hear!
    edited April 2016
    Oh, I don't think the LTS itself if diminishing, especially for those who have it. I myself have never regretted buying mine and alway love it when they add something new. What I meant was that I think, as any game ages, people become more "on the fence" about whether or not such a package will be cost effective long term. Personally, I think STO will be around for a long time yet... but you can never know for sure. As such, to to a new customer, there might be more doubt as to its value the older the game gets. Added to that though, as Lib-Borg is one of the few perks unique only to a lifetime sub, I just think selling the skin anywhere else, as I think crusader2007 was hoping, might be a bad business move as it would make it easier, combined with the Seven of Nine costume, to make "fake" Lib-Borgs. In the end though, I personally wouldn't mind either way, so long as it was just added in some way. Of course, to complete the effect, I also wish they would "improve" the forearm bit of the Seven hand piece. With anything short sleeve, especially on Risa during Lohlunat, looks a bit odd abruptly cutting off at the wrist like it does now. Anyway, fingers crossed for both. o:)
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    I've recently started a Fed Klink and I would like a short, neat hair style like Worf in TNG, the ones available are just the standard Klink ones.
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    I've recently started a Fed Klink and I would like a short, neat hair style like Worf in TNG, the ones available are just the standard Klink ones.

Well, they did make his original hairstyle and mustache from season one available once for TNG's 25th anniversary. Unfortunately it hasn't been available since as far as I know.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    chipg7 wrote: »
    It was one of the Foundry Round Table shows. Sometimes we get to have devs as guests, and that particular question was very appropriate since the lack of a full infected skin is something that affects foundry too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    It was one of the Foundry Round Table shows. Sometimes we get to have devs as guests, and that particular question was very appropriate since the lack of a full infected skin is something that affects foundry too.

Ah, that'd do it. And yes, the lack of a full-body skin will affect anything and everything, makes sense.

Thanks for the info!
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    zarato4218 wrote: »
    jtoon74 wrote: »

Well, they did make his original hairstyle and mustache from season one available once for TNG's 25th anniversary. Unfortunately it hasn't been available since as far as I know.
    Typical :/
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    There are a few skin options I'd like (as well as infected). One of my aliens has a Bolian stripe down the centre of the face, it would be nice if it didn't stop at the neck. Similarly, I wanted to give one of my androids a Trill appearance but she can't wear anything to revealing or it breaks the illusion.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    the infected skin option thast is in the gamre right now is kinda stupid its 4 the head only so legs and other body parts r not covered....loosk stupid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]