Options

Review: Temporal Front [Spoilers]

124»

Comments

• Options
    melange#3807 melange Member Posts: 28 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks, great discussion.

Just a couple quick notes:
    The guys spawning in behind the locked door is a known issue that we are trying to fix, but it only seems to be happening on live, making it hard for us to be sure we got the fix down.

Dying during the cutscene is totally a big and should be fixed for you all soon.

Sorry about those headaches. I hope you keep enjoying the episode.
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I think I already know the answer to this question, but i'll ask it anyway.
    The voice of Vosk is not the same from the actor in ENT?

What made Vosk so liked for me in ENT was his calm voice and calculated approach, didn't get that feeling in the episode.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »

The only mission element that I didn't like, is how, after Vosk initiates self-destruct of his ship, you stay for 5-10 minutes because Walker wants to download some stuff and you get attacked from all directions. The feeling of 'we need to get out of here, now!' was completely removed as he kept slowly walking from console to console, hoping for a big prize while our lives are at risk. It also didn't help that Na'kuhl kept coming while you expect the ship to be evacuated. Why would they try to stop you? They assume you'll be killed in the explosion, which only didn't happen because plot.

My suggestion would be to change this part, and make one big group of Na'Kuhl appear after Vosk leaves in a last effort to kill you, should the auto-destruct fail. That would be better, imo, than having 4 groups appear, one after another while Walker slowly moves from console to console.

I agree that the part on the enemy ship was the weakest part it felt like a) getting to the bridge was way to easy but then b) the consoles were a bit tedious, 2 would have been better. On the plus side visually it was great and the enemy were well balanced, they were knocking out my boffs but I still managed to not die so it was a fun challenge.

My major problem was when Walker tells us to go download all we can from their console. NO. We are time travellers from the past. He is a temporal agent. He would not give us free rein to download information from a console on a ship in the future. We could have got all the information we wanted about their attacks in the past before they'd happened and severely damaged the time line. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    Actually that cutscene got me killed lol. I didn't think activating 5 skills (GW1/SV3/DRB3/TBR1/Temporal Rift Console) would kill the station as the 5th skill activated [like 5 seconds]

Yeah, it exploded quicker than I thought, and after the cut scene I was exploded.

I had this exact problem! I think there's a bug with it exploding too soon.
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Hey folks, great discussion.

Just a couple quick notes:
    The guys spawning in behind the locked door is a known issue that we are trying to fix, but it only seems to be happening on live, making it hard for us to be sure we got the fix down.

Dying during the cutscene is totally a big and should be fixed for you all soon.

Sorry about those headaches. I hope you keep enjoying the episode.

Thanks for the update!

Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    antzudan wrote: »

The only mission element that I didn't like, is how, after Vosk initiates self-destruct of his ship, you stay for 5-10 minutes because Walker wants to download some stuff and you get attacked from all directions. The feeling of 'we need to get out of here, now!' was completely removed as he kept slowly walking from console to console, hoping for a big prize while our lives are at risk. It also didn't help that Na'kuhl kept coming while you expect the ship to be evacuated. Why would they try to stop you? They assume you'll be killed in the explosion, which only didn't happen because plot.

My suggestion would be to change this part, and make one big group of Na'Kuhl appear after Vosk leaves in a last effort to kill you, should the auto-destruct fail. That would be better, imo, than having 4 groups appear, one after another while Walker slowly moves from console to console.

I agree that the part on the enemy ship was the weakest part it felt like a) getting to the bridge was way to easy but then b) the consoles were a bit tedious, 2 would have been better. On the plus side visually it was great and the enemy were well balanced, they were knocking out my boffs but I still managed to not die so it was a fun challenge.

My major problem was when Walker tells us to go download all we can from their console. NO. We are time travellers from the past. He is a temporal agent. He would not give us free rein to download information from a console on a ship in the future. We could have got all the information we wanted about their attacks in the past before they'd happened and severely damaged the time line. Ridiculous.

I hadn't thought about that but that's a good point. I can only think that he only unlocked information pertinent to our duties as a temporal agent in the past. Otherwise, Facepalm.
    apulse wrote: »

What made Vosk so liked for me in ENT was his calm voice and calculated approach, didn't get that feeling in the episode.

Jack Gwaltney is the original actor. Where would we even go to see the credits on that?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    captaind3 wrote: »
    antzudan wrote: »

I hadn't thought about that but that's a good point. I can only think that he only unlocked information pertinent to our duties as a temporal agent in the past. Otherwise, Facepalm.
    apulse wrote: »

Jack Gwaltney is the original actor. Where would we even go to see the credits on that?

The Star Trek Online Wiki has a list, so does IMDb. Unfortunately, Vosk isn't listed.

I did find it neat that S'taass is voiced by Cobra Commander.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    jio#0634 jio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Am i the only one left wondering why the president seemed to wave on the assassination attemp in the confusion?
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Am I the only one actually cheering for the Nah'kul and Noye? I main KDF, I'm sitting back looking at Noye's overwhelming hatred for the Federation going... the Borg did more damage.

As far as the loose ends bit. They will always be loose ends. How do you kill or capture someone that can hide in a different time or dimension, where you can't hide them? You don't.

That's the thing about Time travel. Once it has begun, it never ends. As there will always be someone that wants to go back and change something.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.