test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does Emit Unstable Warp Bubble remove Na'khul distortions?

Has anyone ever tried to use Emit Unstable Warp Bubble to remove Na'khul distortions? I know it's generally not an impressive power, but it might be convenient here if it did that. I understand that it unsummons carrier pets and seperation pets normally, and the distortions could count for that, but they also might not.
Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    Would not call it unremarkable or "not impressive" since it is quite potent if used correctly. Haven't tested it with the distortions or haven't noticed an effect, but then again when in combat one is generally quite busy.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    That's an interesting thought - I've got a battlecruiser with it set somewhere, I'll try and dig it out into a red alert later.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    A question which is far more interesting is: Is the Nah'kul clone considered a "spawn" or pet and therefor subject to the inhibiting effect of the unstable warp bubble?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    A question which is far more interesting is: Is the Nah'kul clone considered a "spawn" or pet and therefor subject to the inhibiting effect of the unstable warp bubble?
    You mean if one could use it preemptively?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    You mean if one could use it preemptively?

Indeed.

• Options
    crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    The Na'kuhl distortions are pets, and should be blocked by Emit Unstable Warp Bubble. Currently they are not. I am fixing this.
  • Options
    The Na'kuhl distortions are pets, and should be blocked by Emit Unstable Warp Bubble. Currently they are not. I am fixing this.

Nice. That should open the way for some additional tactics.

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

Cool news. Thanks for the update! This should be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User

Awesome!!
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User

Thanks, that's going to speed up the dreadnaught battle in the red alerts, potentially.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Has anyone ever tried to use Emit Unstable Warp Bubble to remove Na'khul distortions? I know it's generally not an impressive power, but it might be convenient here if it did that. I understand that it unsummons carrier pets and seperation pets normally, and the distortions could count for that, but they also might not.

From the STO Wiki:

"Game Description: Emit an unstable warp bubble from your warp core, dampening the space-subspace interactions on enemy ships in the vicinity. This bubble of warped space prevent the safe deployment of all small objects, such as hangar pets, or safely triggering starship separation. Re-stabilizing the space-subspace flow requires diverting power from primary system, reducing max speed and energy damage. The bubble disrupts the calculations normally used to create spacial hazards such as Tykens Rift and Gravity Well, preventing their use.
    Disables launching fighters, hazards,fields and platforms for 20 seconds. Prevents Ship Separation"

So, are Warp Bubbles also supposed to "unsummon" pets and/or special hazards (after they've been deployed) as well as prevent their deployment?
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User

Very cunning. Much approve.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User

Thank feck for that! A use for the spare eng slots on my fleet t6 excel! :D
    I need a beer.

• Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Almost as amusing: Scramble Sensors. Imagine being able to tag the dreadnought and its two doppelgangers at the end of the RA with this... Winter Soldier nod, anyone? On a related note, its ground counterpart (Incite Chaos) should be much fun against Vosk and his retinue.
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Almost as amusing: Scramble Sensors.

Does it work?

• Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    Does it work?
    It works; however, in the RA it's hard to tell unless you're paying attention to what your target is targeting because the other players will be putting lots of fire downrange. A test in 'Temporal Front' would be in order.