test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 11.5 bug, overflow bag

Comments

• kodoskangkodoskang Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    revsmith wrote: »
    I'll pile on - I'm having the same issue, can't use anything in my bag because if there is something in my overflow bag, which it won't let me empty because my inventory is full (which it isn't)

Is that a duty officer by any chance? Or maybe a passenger or prisoner? Then, you have to make room for them seperately from your inventory tab as they are transferred directly to the roaster that can be reviewer. Prisoners and Passengers (colonists, refugees) are stored independently.

You can sell unbind duty officers, prisoners and colonists on the exchange - bind duty officers can be exchanged in duty officer missions that are found in your fraction's academy. Every of those missions costs dilithium and the exchange rate is five normal duty officers for one green duty officer.
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    Another patch today but no still no fix for starship overflow bug. It isn't even on the patch list under known issues.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    genemorph wrote: »
    Another patch today but no still no fix for starship overflow bug. It isn't even on the patch list under known issues.

That hardly represents the full list. They are looking into it, relax. :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
    kelettes wrote: »

Easy to say, but when you have your inventory and bank account stuff full of reward boxes you can't open and admiralty missions that can't be claimed it is understandably annoying.
  • tachallatachalla Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Have this issue myself and opened a ticket. Here is the reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting. We understand that you're having an issue retrieving the items on your overflow bag.

We can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

You can also check the most recent release notes here: https://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/tag/sto-patch-notes

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we investigate and resolve this matter. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    this seems to be spillover from some NW-based code

Mmm, yes. Intentional there I think. But If this is status quo now some leway to open our packs to make room to open our packs would be good ?

• stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    some of my inv items were copied into the overflow bag and some of my epic only 1 per character items were copied as well like snake cane paradox corrector an so on

Have the same problem, only that I was able to transfer all the duplicate items to the bank slots, thus emptying the OB and was then able to access the reward packs in the inventory. Don't know whether to delete the duplicated items and bridge officers all of which are 'Max - one per character only'!!
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • lazlarlazlar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The Starship Overflow Bag bug has a ticket from me as well.

FYI Cryptic crew, this bug literally stops the ability of affected players to do any marks-related progression other than Doff missions for fleet marks, due to how the system awards rewards in the auto-opening boxes... My inventory is full at this point of marks boxes etc, even with your freebie extension and the ones I've paid for.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    I was able to Collect Reward from my 10/10 KDF Tour of Duty but got the Overflow Bag message and received no 30k dilithium reward.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    For those that have a 'Starship' clog in your Overflow, which ship are you flying?

My Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carrier is what I was flying at the update, and got the 'Starship' non-item. Thankfully, my other 7 chars are fine. I've heard from one other in channel chat that had a Narcine make the 'Starship' clog item, then there's a handful of Dauntless (Fleet and C-Store) already listed in this thread.
  • coessecoesse Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I have starship stuck in my bag and the ship I fly is dauntless on that character
    tom61sto wrote: »
    For those that have a 'Starship' clog in your Overflow, which ship are you flying?

My Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carrier is what I was flying at the update, and got the 'Starship' non-item. Thankfully, my other 7 chars are fine. I've heard from one other in channel chat that had a Narcine make the 'Starship' clog item, then there's a handful of Dauntless (Fleet and C-Store) already listed in this thread.

Dauntless.
    tom61sto wrote: »

I was in my T6 yammy, but I have a Xindi-Aquatic Dread.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Please fix or update the forums? Last a Dev said something was 3 days ago. I'd like to buy some of the new boxes but with this bug I won't since most everything is locked down in my inventory. Cannot believe there is a fix yet.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • zeroalphaonezeroalphaone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello.

I have had this problem for a few days now, well until i read this discussion board.

It is true that the overflow is full and i found that once i had emptied the bag i was able to final open the reward packs.
    I did notice that there are duplicates in here and you will need to clear space for duty officers if they have been duplicated.
    It worked for me so i hope it works for everyone else.

Thank you
    Except you can't empty the bag if you have a Starship in it. Even after making ship space by moving other ships to drydock, it can't be deleted nor claimed from the overflow bag.

That means for those of us with a starship in the bag, we can keep playing, but every single mission that gives a reward of marks (in an auto-opening or manually opening box) or materials (in a box) or Doff/Admiralty missions rewards (in boxes) means that rapidly, all 160+ of my inventory slots are filling. My bank is already full, as is what I can fit in my account bank. Soon, the only thing left will be the overflow bag, which only can be force-filled by rewards from missions or wins from need/greed or roundrobin.
  • timkingstontimkingston Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I also have the overflow bug, with a starship in my overflow bag that I can't get rid of and a bunch of packs that I can't open.

I'm also flying a Fleet Dauntless (experimental science vessel)
    edited April 2016
    How long do we have to wait for a fix for this bug. As least make an interim fix like the ability to delete the starship from the overflow, since that is what is messing everything up.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    This is still not fixed...
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    synfoola wrote: »
    I was able to Collect Reward from my 10/10 KDF Tour of Duty but got the Overflow Bag message and received no 30k dilithium reward.

The 30k Dil should be there. On my bag-broken toon they ended up in inventory (lol yes in inventory!) in form of ONE BIG DIL CRYSTAL. Now I can click on that like crazy but of course it does not open until the issue is resolved.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Okay uuuh adding some extra info O.o

Just noticed that I have duplicates in the Admiralty System as well. :sweat:
    • Yellowstone Runabout
    • Phoenix Replica Smallcraft
    • Assimilated Assault Cruiser

Note: no idea how, but I managed to move the contents of my overflow bag into inventory when S11.5 went live -- haven't touched/moved the duplicate items since then (aside from the Admiralty ships -- looks like they just popped into the ship roster the moment I claimed the overflow bag).

Maybeee... I had enough inventory space and the inventory-space-check didn't get stuck? O.o Just guessing there. However, I am paying extra attention to always have free inventory space now. No idea what would happen if items get into the overflow bag again. :(

Also, I visited a few places and I get the rewards from PVE queues, can open reward boxes, admiralty, doff assignments, mission rewards, etc.

I hope this will help narrow the problem down in some way :neutral:

My first post on this thread is near the bottom of page 1.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    i also have a problem with the overflow bag, but in my case i can open it, but can't take anything out. i have doffs in it, and anytime i try to take one out i'm told that my inventory is full.

doff roster is 90/100, so i have 10 spots free. inventory is 80% empty.​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »

Easy to say, but when you have your inventory and bank account stuff full of reward boxes you can't open and admiralty missions that can't be claimed it is understandably annoying.

This. I cannot open boxes in my inventory so I can clean out the overflow they created . . . lovely catch 22!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • quackusquackus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Any movement on the 'starship' bug? I can't play my main character at all :-(
  • krypalkrypal Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Nope still nothing character still got starship in overflow bug
  • krypalkrypal Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    hmm that says nothing about removing the starship form the overflow bag....just looks like a workaround so that you can open other boxes in the mean time