test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback - Na'Kuhl Spawn Killing

13»

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Sniff, sniff. You noobs. You're not worthy to be in the same Thread. Now scram and don't darken these corridors again.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    How so? Just start Rep projects hourly and get VR mk xii items out of the boxes. Craft Mk ii VR items and upgrade to mk xii. You can get a nice cheap batch of VR AP beams by replaying Assimilation in the Borg Arc several times, yeah they come mk xi and the mods are kind of meh, but you can upgrade them easily. Going back to the crafting option for a moment, the "failures" from that (ie weapons with bad mods) still usually sell for quite decent prices on the exchange. There are lots and lots of ways to put together a set of VR mk xii gear for not a lot of investment. Oh and there are also other mission reward weapons out there for other energy types.

Dude this IS a grind, just like na'kuhl RA itself. So you grind to grind and to grind more later. Wonderful.

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User

So what your saying is that you refuse to do the very simple easy things which would get you cheap decent gear to fix the main complaint your making just so that you can continue to complain about an amazingly easy mission being too hard. Yet you also claim to worry about DPS? SMH Well, have fun with that, I'm going to go back to vaping Na'Kuhl ships with my unparsed characters and non-optimally built ships. Think I'll take my Fed Sci flying a Nandi equipped with TOS phasers next.

TOS Phasers? your evil Azrael :)

But i agree wit most people here, Red alerts runs i have done have been between 10 - 15 mins roughly. I cant figure out in my head how some runs take 60 minutes as has been claimed. Only thing i can think of is several players not doing their skill tree at all, and running missions with nothing slotted

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The problem is that mid-50's usually don't have the resources of an elite veteran. It's useless telling me how to fit a super star destroyer when I have a Millennium Falcon trash salvage fit, because that's my budget. Have you forgotten what it is like to be new to the game?

*checks the level 53 i did it with not an hour ago in about 10 minutes tops.... yep no gear over mk XII purple, top it off she was in a phantom that id more or less just thrown together to grind the trait from, hell the comdr tac slot had a mine dispersal power, I had no mines equipped, far from optimal. (best tac console is also a MK XI blue)
    So what your saying is that you refuse to do the very simple easy things which would get you cheap decent gear to fix the main complaint your making just so that you can continue to complain about an amazingly easy mission being too hard. Yet you also claim to worry about DPS? SMH Well, have fun with that, I'm going to go back to vaping Na'Kuhl ships with my unparsed characters and non-optimally built ships. Think I'll take my Fed Sci flying a Nandi equipped with TOS phasers next.
    I don't like that difficulty makes ppl leave in the middle of it. Or if you happen to do it with a team who geared just like you are. There is much more easier activity that gives you same rewards and more, yet only this RA has been thrown in your face by developers. There were even a bug with stupid popup window that they fixed with last patch. What's that? A beta test?
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    level 57, science pilot ship w/science captain (fed) dominion set 2 pc, deflector and engines, dominion beam arrays, 1 neutronic torpedo launcher, kcb and omni polaron aft. 1 VR dom polaron, MKXII rest are MKXI rares. neutronic is still mkxi no fleet cheat consoles or other gear from a fleet. mkxi maco shield. lack of formatting due to still waking up.

that must be an uber build according to some in this thread since i have zero issues running the mission. thinking those complaining are more along the lines of 'oh, i can't afk at the start cause stuff will shoot me' more than actual mission difficulty.

this isn't a hard mission by any stretch of the imagination, reasonably geared you do fine. pay attention to the enemies, you'll do fine...botting or afking you'll die, and you deserve it. right now every fed chara i have (4) and every klingon chara i have (5) are in science pilot ships, not the toughest things around by any account. the science chara i described is the weakest overall, lowest level, mostly unupgraded gear, etc. none of them have fleet TRIBBLE of any kind.

and yet...no issues.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • imarookieimarookie Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I went into this RA totally unprepared, like I think the rest of my team also.
    Luckily for me I have selected skills before I ran into this. :)

I do honestly have no clue if the skills I picked are even viable -
    is there a guide on how to spec a tac char now?

Did it with my level 58 alien tac flying a T5u Kazon Raider,
    equipped with purple xii phaser dhc (agony and regular)
    but mostly green consoles and the solanae mission shields, warp core and engines.

The first 3-4 enemies went down quite fast, thanks to flanking
    but I failed to notice the amount of shadow ships they spawned so I wasted lots of time shooting the wrong stuff.

... and then there were those plasma waves :(
    I did not count how many times I died.
    1 wave I could survive, any second or third was deadly.
    and yes, I used evasive maneuvers and that barrel roll skill on cooldown :)

A little warning before would of been nice,
    that its not as easy as borg RA.
    .o0( The gods of deutsch data recovery have prevailed! The techno will continue. )
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    imarookie wrote: »
    ... and then there were those plasma waves :(
    I did not count how many times I died.
    1 wave I could survive, any second or third was deadly.
    and yes, I used evasive maneuvers and that barrel roll skill on cooldown :)

A little warning before would of been nice,
    that its not as easy as borg RA.

How do you miss a giant deep red cone forming from an NPC?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Too busy smacking their face into the keyboard attenpting to win to see it?
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• imarookieimarookie Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    How do you miss a giant deep red cone forming from an NPC?

If it was only one, more than often it was like 2 or 3 of those overlapping.
    We managed to finish after about 40 minutes tho.
    .o0( The gods of deutsch data recovery have prevailed! The techno will continue. )
  • solitair#4236 solitair Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »
    The point exactly. Some of us are also far from new but *GASP* have newer alts.
    I have made many, many alts over the years, and the one thing I've learned is that new alts are absolutely terrible and I have no idea why you're bringing them into combat encounters, when they simply don't have the correct equipment to handle it. Once you've learned how to do things correctly, you learn not to revert back to doing things wrong. That's the entire point of learning to do things correctly! When doing something with a new alt simply isn't as effective as doing it with a real character, you just don't do that. Once you're accustomed to doing things correctly, intentionally doing things badly is just torture.

A wise man once said: "Find the thing in life that you don't do well...and then don't do that thing."

I'm not a new alt. I'm a new player. I have been in game for about a month I can't even understand everyone's acronyms yet. I'm never said that it's too hard as a member of a team, I said it was impossible for me to finish a red alert when my teammates bail out on me. I'm speculating on the reason based upon my experiences. I'll take my hits and keep fighting for as long as I have most of my team intact.
    edited April 2016
    Well tell ya what if you need some.help running Queues or just want a tag along for some missions hit me up. Been kinda bored lately and wouldn't mind being a tag along player for a while. I'll be on after 12:30 pm EST

edited April 2016
    ltminns wrote: »
    Sniff, sniff. You noobs. You're not worthy to be in the same Thread. Now scram and don't darken these corridors again.

Hey, Pally, (yeah, just finished watching season 7 DS9) a noob started this thread! So you are overqualified for comments!

This is an opportunity for you to teach and for me to learn.
    Quite the contrary, the entire post was a sarcastic one about the overqualified who denigrate the newbies and go on about finishing it in 2 minutes with a blindfold on with Mk XI Uncommon.

Hint: sniff sniff - something I would expect from the upper class Royalty looking down at the commoners.

Second Hint: Not worthy, Please see Wayne's World for further explanation.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Quite the contrary, the entire post was a sarcastic one about the overqualified who denigrate the newbies and go on about finishing it in 2 minutes with a blindfold on with Mk XI Uncommon.

Hint: sniff sniff - something I would expect from the upper class Royalty looking down at the commoners.

Second Hint: Not worthy, Please see Wayne's World for further explanation.

Understood (Asperger's... I need to be told that it's sarcasm to recognize sarcasm). :#
    Yeah, I guess I didn't do too good a job on that one. Sorry.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    And then there are the oddballs.like.me who's power in the game is a result of the bountiful PvP community we had years ago. Ah good times...

• kapla5571kapla5571 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    @semalda226 where does "Inelastic Collisions Trait" come from? , and if you have some time could you post -possibly in the sto skill planner- what your sci build is? rebuilding some alts with the new skill revamp and it sounds like an interesting build. ty
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Here's two places for those whom need to know how/where to get helpful Traits & what those Traits do:

sto.gamepedia.com/Personal_traits#Research_and_Development_Personal_traits

sto.gamepedia.com/Research_and_Development#Schools
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Incidentally, I have to agree with many here who have had little to no problems doing the new "Knuckles" (Na'Kul) RA's,

It does not take very much to Sock-it-to-em' and vape away these new baddies; that being said, there are ALSO many players that have a difficult time with doing what is considered by the "rest" of us to be "Easy-peesy" content.

Sometimes learning curves are virtually non-existent for some, and Very Steep for others.
    Incidentally, I have to agree with many here who have had little to no problems doing the new "Knuckles" (Na'Kul) RA's,

It does not take very much to Sock-it-to-em' and vape away these new baddies; that being said, there are ALSO many players that have a difficult time with doing what is considered by the "rest" of us to be "Easy-peesy" content.

Sometimes learning curves are virtually non-existent for some, and Very Steep for others.
    Game just don't tell you what is good for you to feel comfortable. Or at least new content is not marked that way. Unlike ground missions where you can use some tricks, space have much more stat-related combat. Early stages of game is thoroughly explained by tutorials, but endgame is much more obscure, and difficulty jumps around like crazy. Also storytelling in late game is broken too, and there is spoilers in every corner. I don't mind spoilers, but it is confusing sometimes.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    It's funny I came into this thread thinking it was about the feature episode and the fact that the last enemy group occasionally doesn't spawn.

I've only done the RAs on my first two characters. It seemed pretty standard. I've gotten vaped harder trying to solo one of the regular sector space battles because I was outnumbered by Gorn.

The Na'khul are pretty simple once you dodge their Dunce cap of Death. I'll let you know how my Delta Recruit does though, that will probably be vastly different.
    After several attempts at fighting the Na'Kuhl, we had a serious problem with losing team members due to ragequit or hopelessness. The main problem, correct me if I interpret wrongly, is Na'kuhl encroaching on the spawn point and killing players before they can even engage impulse drive.

It would make perfect sense to me if the devs choose a way to protect the spawn point:
    1-Let the Na'Kuhl go wherever they want in the battlezone, but move the spawn point to a minimum safe distance out of weapons range.
    2-Establish an NPC no-fly-zone with a radius of 12 km around the player spawn point.

"We need breathing room!" - General Kang, Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.

"Earth Hitler 1938" - Captain James Kirk, Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"