test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback - Na'Kuhl Spawn Killing

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I've found avoiding the gut of their fleet and focusing on the flanks has been beneficial, T6 Fleet Hestia with gw1 for my choice ship
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
      azrael605 wrote: »
      Had no problems with the mission myself. Played it with one of my weakest characters and still faceroll easy. I'm even a total non-parser with no idea at all what DPS I put out. Frankly I find it hard to believe anyone claiming this new mission is hard.

Yep.
    • sanctuary13sanctuary13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited April 2016
      [Unecessarily hostile post modded]
      Post edited by jodarkrider on
    • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
      nabreeki wrote: »
      gradii wrote: »

The point exactly. Some of us are also far from new but *GASP* have newer alts.

Doesn't sound like a game problem at all, then. Sounds like a poorly equipped alt and an incompetent team.

Maybe thats my point too? If it was so easy as people claim wouldn't an incompetent team have an easier time?

It takes a decent team to complete decently difficult content.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
      Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
      he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
      In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
      He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
      He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
      He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
      He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
      edited April 2016
      [Reaction to a previously modded post removed]

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
      Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
      he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
      In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
      He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
      He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
      He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
      He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
      Well I just did a pug run of the Na'Kuhl RA and got caught in the crossfire of 5 waves. The 4 other guys with me all wiped on the 1st or second shots I took all 5 to the face and had my hull knocked to 32% with my right and front shield facings knocked offline. Im.thinking it has more to do with Shield Power (Mines always at 115 or 125 due to EPTS1) and that fact I always have TSS and EPTS rotating with Inelastic Collisions compared to most tacs who (I assume) have all their power pumped into weapons and engines. But I can see where everyone is complaining about the waves being OP but sadly with my focus on shield tanking and my self healing hull I just never flinch at big attacks like those as usually they bounce off me.
      tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
      edited April 2016
      [Reaction to a moderated post removed]
      semalda226 wrote: »
      Well I just did a pug run of the Na'Kuhl RA and got caught in the crossfire of 5 waves. The 4 other guys with me all wiped on the 1st or second shots I took all 5 to the face and had my hull knocked to 32% with my right and front shield facings knocked offline. Im.thinking it has more to do with Shield Power (Mines always at 115 or 125 due to EPTS1) and that fact I always have TSS and EPTS rotating with Inelastic Collisions compared to most tacs who (I assume) have all their power pumped into weapons and engines. But I can see where everyone is complaining about the waves being OP but sadly with my focus on shield tanking and my self healing hull I just never flinch at big attacks like those as usually they bounce off me.
      How do you know that every cone hit you? Care to show damage log?

Because I was in the middle of all of them....also at this point the combat log is gone lol.

ruinthefun wrote: »
      A wise man once said: "Find the thing in life that you don't do well...and then don't do that thing."
      Games is meant for fun, and challenge is meant for those who desire it. But you must ALWAYS know what to expect.
      Anyway, ppl play this because queue is always full, unlike other ones. And you choose mark rewards. The only reason.
      Because I was in the middle of all of them....also at this point the combat log is gone lol.
      Anyway, the fact that most of your group didn't endure must be alarming for you, because it clearly shows encounter difficulty.
      I wouldn't say encounter difficulty just a lack of defensive skills or armor maybe? Can't tell you how rare it is to see someone use rock and roll for the immunity or have some sort of immunity console.

Not MY reason, so no not the only reason.
      Unfortunately mmo's is always a grindfest when it comes to endgame content... Even though some might enjoy it.

I wouldn't say encounter difficulty just a lack of defensive skills or armor maybe? Can't tell you how rare it is to see someone use rock and roll for the immunity or have some sort of immunity console.
      Having a good gear means you have to grind for it, or have to spend some time and effort to get it. You can enter this alert with your fresh lvl 50 with gray and green gear and total mess of offensive and defensive skills. This isn't right. And this is not easy for those who have average equipment as well.

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
      Regardless of whether or not endgame gear requires grinding, endgame content is endgame content, the expectation is that you're somewhat capable when you fly into it.

Personally I don't believe basic endgame gear required grinding for, pre-DR I flew a T3 Excel with only common (white) Mk 10 gear into an elite STF to prove this to my fleet, I proceeded to pull my own weight and did not die. The same principles apply now as applied then, all you really need to do is read the stats and pick the ones that apply to you and what you're doing, this is without even considering min/maxing. Just recently I helped someone outfit their new ship, I spent 1.5 million ECs (which can easily be acquired through selling R&D mats) on weapons, equipment and consoles, add another 100k (tops) for basic boff skills and it's good for advanced STFs at lvl 60.

This stuff can be done with Mk 12 gear if you get consoles and stuff that boost your defensive stats, get your power settings set (even just using the offensive/defensive presets and switching between them in combat) maintaining Emergency to shield coverage (which every ship beyond T3 CAN do) will save your life so many times. This is all basic stuff which easily doubles your survivability.
      ZiOfChe.png?1
    • tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
      I find during one of the big cone attacks, that using Rock n Roll or Evasive Maneuvers and aiming my ship towards and above the "firing" ship, I can regularly escape the attack area prior to the firing sequence.
      adamkafei wrote: »
      Regardless of whether or not endgame gear requires grinding, endgame content is endgame content, the expectation is that you're somewhat capable when you fly into it.

Personally I don't believe basic endgame gear required grinding for, pre-DR I flew a T3 Excel with only common (white) Mk 10 gear into an elite STF to prove this to my fleet, I proceeded to pull my own weight and did not die. The same principles apply now as applied then, all you really need to do is read the stats and pick the ones that apply to you and what you're doing, this is without even considering min/maxing. Just recently I helped someone outfit their new ship, I spent 1.5 million ECs (which can easily be acquired through selling R&D mats) on weapons, equipment and consoles, add another 100k (tops) for basic boff skills and it's good for advanced STFs at lvl 60.

This stuff can be done with Mk 12 gear if you get consoles and stuff that boost your defensive stats, get your power settings set (even just using the offensive/defensive presets and switching between them in combat) maintaining Emergency to shield coverage (which every ship beyond T3 CAN do) will save your life so many times. This is all basic stuff which easily doubles your survivability.

Dude, you may believe anything, but endgame content have very variable difficulty. Both simple, soloable content and way more difficult is accessible and there is no warning that it may be way more difficult. Mechanics of red alerts is quite restrictive, and if you do not meet it's requirements you just waste your time. There is no less deadly space battlezone in solonae sphere, where you fight with undine and voth, and it is way more fun, because if someone leave, someone else will join, and you get your rewards for objective completion, not for whole mission. It won't hurt anyone if you feel tired and leave or someone else do. And difficulty scales too. With na'kuhl RA you need a dedicated players with gear, otherwise you'll lose and get nothing. That's the point. Just show me a team with mk XII gear who did it within a reasonable timeframe and nobody ragequit in a middle or end, before you theorize more.
      edited April 2016
      The only character I have yet played the mission with has all mk xii gear, yes its VR quality, but still all mk xii. Weapons, shields, engines, deflector, everything. The only stuff that isn't mk xii are 3 universal consoles such as the Kobali console. Now I can't speak for what the rest of my team was using on any of the runthroughs, but those enemy ships just melted before my disruptors. Finished the mission quickly.
      Yes, you can't speak for the rest, and that's the problem. I seen teams with two T6's and we spent a lot of time bringing down that cursed dreadnought, because our dps wasn't good enough. And XII VR is not easy to come by either.
    • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
      adamkafei wrote: »

Dude, you may believe anything, but endgame content have very variable difficulty. Both simple, soloable content and way more difficult is accessible and there is no warning that it may be way more difficult. Mechanics of red alerts is quite restrictive, and if you do not meet it's requirements you just waste your time. There is no less deadly space battlezone in solonae sphere, where you fight with undine and voth, and it is way more fun, because if someone leave, someone else will join, and you get your rewards for objective completion, not for whole mission. It won't hurt anyone if you feel tired and leave or someone else do. And difficulty scales too. With na'kuhl RA you need a dedicated players with gear, otherwise you'll lose and get nothing. That's the point. Just show me a team with mk XII gear who did it within a reasonable timeframe and nobody ragequit in a middle or end, before you theorize more.

It's not about belief or theory, it's about knowledge, as somebody said a couple of years ago, skill in this game is 80% knowing what boff skills to use. It's as true now as it was then, sure, Mk 14 gear helps more now than Mk 12 did back in the day but it's still nothing by comparison to proper boff usage.
      ZiOfChe.png?1
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      My first run was done on a character where I'd forgotten to set his skills, so all I had was boff powers at base effectiveness and I had little difficulty. But I was in a Bortas setup for tanking.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
      I found them just as pathetically weak as every other enemy in sto. Stay in school!
      Tza0PEl.png
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      A bit annoying at times but they go boom quite quick
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius