test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tholian Red Alert?

Did devs acidentally deleted the event, can't seem to find it in any instance.
IInLzhi.gif

Comments

• ardenwolfeardenwolfe Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    You're not the only one noticing this. Been trying to find a Tholian Red Alert for hours, between missions, with no luck. Seeing more than a few in chat saying the same. :(
  • ruffiansevenruffianseven Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I was unable to find a single instance of a Tholian Red Alert last night. I hope it comes back.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I noticed this also.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Rip thol red alert, I liked the starship mastery xp you gave :'(
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • jasecurtisjasecurtis Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    mmps1 wrote: »

And I'd only just discovered that little exploit :(.

qGPf6Iq.jpg?1
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    jasecurtis wrote: »
    mmps1 wrote: »

And I'd only just discovered that little exploit :(.

It wasn't an exploit as you couldn't just go from one Tholian Alert to another due to cooldown. At best you could go from a Tholian to a Borg.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, it seemed to be missing for me the night before the patch as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I'm guessing the Na'kuhl threat must be pretty serious to send the Tholians into hiding...
    Maybe they feel guilty about destroying their sun and are doing penance in the other dimension. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • midaskensaimidaskensai Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    confirming not seeing a tholian red alert since the patch to 11.5
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    At last the Tholians will be safe from mammal aggression, free to pursue their aims.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    I've actually found it a little unsettling that the tholians have gone silent.

It's almost as if they are taking advantage of the emergence of the Na'khul, as a convenient distraction, for whatever else they happen to be planning right now...
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
    The Tholians should be the next big bad guys after this temporal issue is dealt with.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Like what happened to the 'Officer Reports' Foundry reward mission a couple months back; I DON'T think the removal was 'accidental' as the TRA was coming up after the initial Season 11.5 launch patch; but 100% stopped popping after the second patch on Tues.

Why do I say this? Per Salami Inferno's comments in a recent written interview:
    http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/13/interview-star-trek-onlines-11-5-mid-season-update/
    We also talked somewhat about the new Na’kuhl red alerts,with Ricossa acknowledging that some red alerts (particularly the Tholians) were essentially uninteresting in terms of gameplay compared to others, swapping one set o ships for another.
    ^^^
    Which (IMO) is a pretty hilarious stance because the majority of PvE space combat is just: "blow up all enemy ships that spawn". I personally find the Tholian RA more interesting then the Borg RA myself - but lets get to the REAL reason it was removed: Like the Foundry 'Officer Reports' mission - they feel the Tholian RA rewards TOO WELL.

Yes, if you take and do the RA daily - you get 960 Dilithium Ore; and (if you haven't done any other content that awards Romulan or Nukara Marks - you can get 65 of each. (130 marks total - 20 marks short of 1500 Dilithium Ore if you convert.)

Thus - suddenly (even though it's been that way for over a year) - it's too rewarding, so it has to go, I'm sure (like what happened in the thread regarding the situation with the stealth removal of the 'Officer Reports' mission) in a few weeks we'll see a Dev post about this thread, much like the post we got in the Officer Reports Mission Removal thread:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1211583/daily-foundry-mission-investigate-officer-reports/p1

Taken from the post linked above:
    ...This mission disappeared without being noted as a change in our patch notes and without comment from any member of the STO team, and for that lack of visibility we would all like to express our sincerest apologies to the STO community...

So, yeah...standard operating procedure for the STO Dev team - remove popular content and hope no one notices - and when they do - make a half-hearted apology. Rinse/Repeat.

[Oh, and IF I'm proven wrong by the STO Dev team on this one, I'll admit it - but given MANY INSTANCES over STO's life-cycle of the STO Dev doing this type of thing before - I don't think I will be. We'll see.]

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • megan2478megan2478 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Yay - bring back the Tholians. I love Tholians! :D

To shoot at. Cuz they remind me of spiders.

Spiders...not so much. :o
    Already confirmed to be a bug
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4egdav/official_unofficial_season_115_bug_report_thread/d20fy6l
    CrypticSpartanQA
    "That is not intentional. We are looking into this."

It is good that this is confirmed to be a bug, if only to silence the conspiracy theorists.
    Would not have been adverse to seeing this confirmation on the official forum first instead of the other place. THAT is a discussion for another time and place though.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    This is why every time they release a new season i bug out for anywhere from 1-4 wks, until they fix the major stuff they inevitably break.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    questerius wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4egdav/official_unofficial_season_115_bug_report_thread/d20fy6l
    CrypticSpartanQA

It is good that this is confirmed to be a bug, if only to silence the conspiracy theorists.
    Would not have been adverse to seeing this confirmation on the official forum first instead of the other place. THAT is a discussion for another time and place though.

I saw the issue reported on 'the other place' first.
    questerius wrote: »
    CrypticSpartanQA

I saw the issue reported on 'the other place' first.

Fair enough.

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »

Like what happened to the 'Officer Reports' Foundry reward mission a couple months back; I DON'T think the removal was 'accidental' as the TRA was coming up after the initial Season 11.5 launch patch; but 100% stopped popping after the second patch on Tues.

Why do I say this? Per Salami Inferno's comments in a recent written interview:
    http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/13/interview-star-trek-onlines-11-5-mid-season-update/
    We also talked somewhat about the new Na’kuhl red alerts,with Ricossa acknowledging that some red alerts (particularly the Tholians) were essentially uninteresting in terms of gameplay compared to others, swapping one set o ships for another.
    ^^^
    Which (IMO) is a pretty hilarious stance because the majority of PvE space combat is just: "blow up all enemy ships that spawn". I personally find the Tholian RA more interesting then the Borg RA myself - but lets get to the REAL reason it was removed: Like the Foundry 'Officer Reports' mission - they feel the Tholian RA rewards TOO WELL.

Yes, if you take and do the RA daily - you get 960 Dilithium Ore; and (if you haven't done any other content that awards Romulan or Nukara Marks - you can get 65 of each. (130 marks total - 20 marks short of 1500 Dilithium Ore if you convert.)

Thus - suddenly (even though it's been that way for over a year) - it's too rewarding, so it has to go, I'm sure (like what happened in the thread regarding the situation with the stealth removal of the 'Officer Reports' mission) in a few weeks we'll see a Dev post about this thread, much like the post we got in the Officer Reports Mission Removal thread:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1211583/daily-foundry-mission-investigate-officer-reports/p1

Taken from the post linked above:
    ...This mission disappeared without being noted as a change in our patch notes and without comment from any member of the STO team, and for that lack of visibility we would all like to express our sincerest apologies to the STO community...

So, yeah...standard operating procedure for the STO Dev team - remove popular content and hope no one notices - and when they do - make a half-hearted apology. Rinse/Repeat.

[Oh, and IF I'm proven wrong by the STO Dev team on this one, I'll admit it - but given MANY INSTANCES over STO's life-cycle of the STO Dev doing this type of thing before - I don't think I will be. We'll see.]

CrypticSpartanQA

Looks like your wrong, again.

Considering I wasn't wrong with regard to the removal of the 'Investigate Officer Reports' mission; who to you figure the 'again' part. You might want to adjust your 'White Knight' helmet - as it's affecting some aspect of your reading comprehension.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I miss the Tholian Red Alerts. :(
    Insert witty signature line here.
    I miss the Tholian Red Alerts. :(

Me too! Was a great way to get New Romulus rep points also.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

During that last XP Weekly Event, about 1 and a third Tholian Red Alerts could completely level up a Ship Mastery. Under normal times about 4. Much better than Borg Red Alerts as there are not enough targets there and the vape crowd going on their own cuts those targets down before you can get to them.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    [quote="crypticspartan#0627;12903495"][quote="questerius;12903386"][quote="somtaawkhar;12903241"]Already confirmed to be a bug
    CrypticSpartanQA
    "That is not intentional. We are looking into this."[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw the issue reported on 'the other place' first. [/quote]

Good to hear... Some vessels are just a pain to level up for their Traits, as they don't fall into my usual playstyle, so having the Tholians to push around is a good thing.

(Yes... I'm looking at you... Kobali Cruiser)
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    It's a shame that you can't get it any more, the daily would award both Romulan and Nukara marks and a double load of dil. On the other hand, the new alert is available constantly so you can get to work earning ore pretty much right away.