test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback - Na'Kuhl Spawn Killing

After several attempts at fighting the Na'Kuhl, we had a serious problem with losing team members due to ragequit or hopelessness. The main problem, correct me if I interpret wrongly, is Na'kuhl encroaching on the spawn point and killing players before they can even engage impulse drive.

It would make perfect sense to me if the devs choose a way to protect the spawn point:
1-Let the Na'Kuhl go wherever they want in the battlezone, but move the spawn point to a minimum safe distance out of weapons range.
2-Establish an NPC no-fly-zone with a radius of 12 km around the player spawn point.

"We need breathing room!" - General Kang, Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Had no problems with the mission myself. Played it with one of my weakest characters and still faceroll easy. I'm even a total non-parser with no idea at all what DPS I put out. Frankly I find it hard to believe anyone claiming this new mission is hard.

Becuase it is? I was in a 40 minute Nahkul RA where people simply could not kill the darned things, they must have been doing maybe 200 dps?

I was in my crappy new science boat but was easily pulling all the aggro (and dying repeatedly) and this is WITHOUT using threatening stance.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Come on, this RA is the easiest of the 3 to solo.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited April 2016
    Come on, this RA is the easiest of the 3 to solo.

Wrong. the Borg RA's beat this by a mile. Tholian by half a mile.

Wait till you get a team which isnt pulling 100k dps.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I can solo very easily at 40,000. My weakest characters can easily solo at 20,000. They are all easy, but I say borg is harder due to shield strip and Tholian harder due to length of time to kill 2 bosses.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited April 2016
    I can solo very easily at 40,000. My weakest characters can easily solo at 20,000. They are all easy, but I say borg is harder due to shield strip and Tholian harder due to length of time to kill 2 bosses.

As indicated by my 40 minute Nakhul RA team, not everyone beats 10k or comes close. I know no one in that team was.. (possibly myself coming close given the aggro I took)

Now the first time I tried we blew through it in about 30 seconds. I wasnt using my new character with the undergeared ship.

Keep in mind that "weakest characters" normally dont do 20k dps unless tac which is OP anyway. Not ones yet to hit level 60 and acquire a full build.

• voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I think the biggest problem with na'kuhl ships is that huge conical AoE and they spam it like crazy. Some ships simply do not have speed to escape it's targeted area, or you may end up between two of them, or inside another when you ran out of engine boosts... But generally it's not that bad as some singleplayer missions where some enemies do 30-50k damage in a row, just with regular torpedoes. Also, i have seen "flank" damage tag in space...
    I think the biggest problem with na'kuhl ships is that huge conical AoE and they spam it like crazy. Some ships simply do not have speed to escape it's targeted area, or you may end up between two of them, or inside another when you ran out of engine boosts... But generally it's not that bad as some singleplayer missions where some enemies do 30-50k damage in a row, just with regular torpedoes. Also, i have seen "flank" damage tag in space...

Yep the death spam was all over the place.

• semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Funny my shields don't even get dented in that RA. But....Shield Mastery / EPTS / TSS / Inelastic Collisions Trait make my shields practically invincible. Toss in a little Improved Brace for Impact when those red cones have been up for 5 seconds and you don't even feel it.
    Edit: also the fact that my hull is self healing may be a factor as well. Borg Rep Trait Hull Nanites + Borg 2-piece bonus + Ablative Shell Trait = never heal your hull again! Also if you use beams you can use the Damage = Healing Rep Trait to push that even further.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think what gets the chicken mcnooblets in trouble is that shadow trick the Nakuhl use to make themselves temporarily immune. Players who don't know what's happening might keep shooting the main ship because they don't know why it isn't taking damage.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I think the main issue is the fact the Na'kuhl seem to favor swarm tactics as well. Feels like they have more ships per group than other NPC factions. Or it could be because the groups are so close together that they mix.

And I would also have to agree about people potentially not knowing about the Distortion clones. While shieldless and more squishy, they seem to have the same abilities as the primary, which makes them just as dangerous. And those Heavy Plasma Torps... ouch.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    That's odd...I've done like 10 or 12 of the RA and I've never had a swarm issue. Although I fly in pop GW / DRB / SV / Timeline Rift Console and everything explodes.

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    The plasma cones got me when I was in the middle of a furball - easy to accidentally end up low on escape routes, but as for plasma torps...

The Romulan's hyper-plasma torpedo got a work out on this one from my perspective - avoid wasting extra torpedoes by any of the extra shots redirect to another hsip.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    semalda226 wrote: »
    That's odd...I've done like 10 or 12 of the RA and I've never had a swarm issue. Although I fly in pop GW / DRB / SV / Timeline Rift Console and everything explodes.

Semalda... your Rocket Ship is evil. You probably drain them dry so they can't shoot.

I've seen the swarm tactics, and have experienced at least one run with me in a not so well geared Medic in a Krenim Sci and I was drawing aggro and the rest of the group was dying left and right.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

Semalda... your Rocket Ship is evil. You probably drain them dry so they can't shoot.

I've seen the swarm tactics, and have experienced at least one run with me in a not so well geared Medic in a Krenim Sci and I was drawing aggro and the rest of the group was dying left and right.

Yep, those RAs can quite easily be a royal pain as soon as you don't have a good team.

• stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    I learned the hard way not to fly in the middle of a group of them if I can help it. ;)

But yeah, our experience in "Time and Tide" should have at least taught us how to handle them one-on-one and you figure out to use AoE attacks real fast if you're paying attention.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    I learned the hard way not to fly in the middle of a group of them if I can help it. ;)

But yeah, our experience in "Time and Tide" should have at least taught us how to handle them one-on-one and you figure out to use AoE attacks real fast if you're paying attention.

1v1 is no problem. Its when you have a mob of 'em that things get messy.
    Oh ya it gets messy...I have to.fly through all that debris I created.

Oh ya it gets messy...I have to.fly through all that debris I created.

ROFL smealda...
  • solitair#4236 solitair Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    The problem is that mid-50's usually don't have the resources of an elite veteran. It's useless telling me how to fit a super star destroyer when I have a Millennium Falcon trash salvage fit, because that's my budget. Have you forgotten what it is like to be new to the game?
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    stobg2015 wrote: »

1v1 is no problem. Its when you have a mob of 'em that things get messy.

But once you start using AoE attacks, it doesn't matter as much whether there are one or a few. You're still hitting the targets you need to hit, most likely.

Just don't fly into the middle of a pack of 'em right before they start their killer cone attacks... :lol:
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User

Its the new enemy super duper power.
    But but....I like doing.that for funsies! Just like.i deliberately take Donatra's Thalaron Pulse to the face or stand point blank in the Crystal Entity wave!

edited April 2016
    The problem is that mid-50's usually don't have the resources of an elite veteran. It's useless telling me how to fit a super star destroyer when I have a Millennium Falcon trash salvage fit, because that's my budget. Have you forgotten what it is like to be new to the game?

The point exactly. Some of us are also far from new but *GASP* have newer alts.

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    My issue with thier invulnerable trick is when I tab off to the next target, I seem to get another immune target... more often than not.

Grrrr...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Them varmints wus jus hankerin' fer a whoopin'. They wus so easy I dun kill'd em' real good wit me Bath'let.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns