test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground skills nerfed? overall though like the new skill system

xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
First of all like the new skill system makes choosing skills a lot less complicated and very much appreciated.

I did notice one thing my starship seem to handle the same as before but i noticed in the battle aboard the starship in the most recent episode my ground team was not as "op" as they were before in previous episodes

Has anyone else felt this ?

Personally I like being completely op I have a lot more fun when i can just go in and smash everything. The ground battle was more difficult leading me to believe either they up the difficulty ( not fun) or nerfed the ground battle by nerfing or taking away skills.

Cryptic please remember "Challenge" or " difficulty" does not = Fun for all players.

Personally i would like the chance to use specialization points to get more skills at least for ground.

Comments

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Any real data for your ground issue? What was your DPS before from what it is now or what specific kits/skills are you referring to?​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Any real data for your ground issue? What was your DPS before from what it is now or what specific kits/skills are you referring to?​​

I Don't keep track of those numbers ...the reason i got that feeling is normally i very rarely get squad wiped...in the latest episode it happened a couple times during that fight.

(I'm level 60 with almost 2 completed specializations ( missing 3 or 4 in one of them)
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    Na'Kuhl are extremely powerful ground enemies so it does not surprise me that ya go squad wiped but i have not noticed myself being less hurty than i am now
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User

I Don't keep track of those numbers ...the reason i got that feeling is normally i very rarely get squad wiped...in the latest episode it happened a couple times during that fight.

(I'm level 60 with almost 2 completed specializations ( missing 3 or 4 in one of them)

Na'kuhl are slightly more powerful than the average enemy. The fact that you need to switch between targets more often may also make it more difficult.

Add the damage over time effects like plasma grenades and it's not that surprising that you're having trouble ;)

I'd use a weapon that's effective against multiple targets: preferably split beam rifles, possibly combined with a full auto rifle to combine expose and exploit options.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It's interesting - I did the mission twice and both times kept losing 2/4 boffs. That hadn't happened in a long time. I didn't check but 2/4 of my boffs on each character have level 12 gear and 2 have 14. May be time to upgrade.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    The nakuhl's only gimmik worth noting is the fact that they summon Guardian Forces and shield their hp that way.

In space and in ground they combine their bought time on the field (before getting wrecked right off the field...) to lay down aoe damage.

I will mention that the iconian staff of power does not care and nukes everything in short order XD.

• Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Even I lost two of my BOFFs when engaging that Na'kuhl general on their temporal gateway base, and my entire team has full MK XIV epic gear and abilities tailored toward AOE, crit, total ownage and what not. Their deaths surprised me at first but I do not think we have been nerfed.

But it is only against that general. I wasn't paying a lot of attention but perhaps they got overwhelmed by those spawnable mines.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    To me it felt like the nakuhl we're glass cannons on the ground. Easy to take down, but with a nasty sting.

As for my ground DPS, I actually noticed about a 15-20% uptick in my performance with the new skill tree. Not as much of a buff as I got in space, but still a nice buff.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Oddly a few of my friends complained of difficulty with the Na'Kuhl patrols in the final room as well as the assassin. But honestly my away team shredded everything as usual. Sad part is I almost never have a reason to play ground content as my away team does it for me.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    semalda226 wrote: »
    Oddly a few of my friends complained of difficulty with the Na'Kuhl patrols in the final room as well as the assassin. But honestly my away team shredded everything as usual. Sad part is I almost never have a reason to play ground content as my away team does it for me.

The logical thing to do then would be to dump the away team ;)

Or set a rally point for them. Switch them into passive mode... who needs Boffs on the ground anyway? They'll often cause more trouble for me with their lacking AI. :p
  • Options
    pertunepertune Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    First off : i love the space Skill tree, easier to make more builds with out having to worry about respecing just to fit in "Flow Caps".
    Secondly : The Ground Tree SUCKS to the point i'm going to quit, i dont play this game for space anymore, no challenge, my ground game has been increasing monthly (or with each lock box trait that boost ground) now this, i made my ground build off of Crits and now my CritCh has been severely Nerfed to the point i've had it with Empty Promises of "PLAYERS LOSE NOTHING" *cough* @Borticus *cough* last time i believe anything a dev tells us... Period.
  • Options
    My crits are similar to what they were a few days ago. Have you selected all the extra skills at the bottom of the page? The last bullet gives an option to increase your offensive stats.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    First of all like the new skill system makes choosing skills a lot less complicated and very much appreciated.

I did notice one thing my starship seem to handle the same as before but i noticed in the battle aboard the starship in the most recent episode my ground team was not as "op" as they were before in previous episodes

Has anyone else felt this ?

Personally I like being completely op I have a lot more fun when i can just go in and smash everything. The ground battle was more difficult leading me to believe either they up the difficulty ( not fun) or nerfed the ground battle by nerfing or taking away skills.

Cryptic please remember "Challenge" or " difficulty" does not = Fun for all players.

Personally i would like the chance to use specialization points to get more skills at least for ground.

Nothing got nerfed, but the Na'Kuhl use a lot of pure cheese tactics. Then again, we got extra cheese to fight back with S11.5. At this point, dying on ground maps is optional.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I noticed mostly buffs to ground survival, slight nerf possible to the high end of ground tac dps maybe. overall I think its just the Nak'hul being tough enemies.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    thanks for all the replies..just not used to getting squad wiped i guess .. I prefer being totally op just going in and blasting everything.
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    neos472 wrote: »
    Na'Kuhl are extremely powerful ground enemies so it does not surprise me that ya go squad wiped but i have not noticed myself being less hurty than i am now

They are really powerful. That ground combat was freaking annoying to me.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Steps to get your away team soo powerful that they wipe every enemy they face (except bosses and Borg[and they only require a remodulator])
    Step 1: get 4 Science Boffs
    Step 2: give them Tachyon Harmonics / medical Tricorder / Vascular Regenerator / Nanite Health Monitor
    Step 3: equip them with Elite Fleet Armor (Nanites buff)
    Step 4: equip them with fleet adaptive shields or the soon to come Na'Kuhl shields
    Step 5: equip them with Plasma Piercing Beam Rifles
    Step 6: watch and laugh
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Or just bring a team of 4 engineers. Set them up for combat pet spam and watch that carnage as your enemies run scared because they're outnumbered.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg