test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode: Temporal Front

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    nebfab wrote: »
    And captain Shon goes on quoting Earth history that doesn't quite fit...
    "Peace in our time?" Really? (And this time there's no excuse that battle of DS9 gave the line a somewhat different meaning...)

I think that was a reference to Star Trek VI...

Let's see, Spock quoted Chamberlain, there was a peace conference, assassins, Klingon leaders dying or almost being killed... yeah, I'd agree with the "Undiscovered Country" reference.

Though I am starting to wonder about Shon - quoting O'Brien and Bashir during the Battle of Earth in the Iconian War, quoting Spock here... Who's he going to end up quoting next? Riker? Chakotay? Tucker?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Who's he going to end up quoting next? Riker? Chakotay? Tucker?
    "Get the cheese to sickbay".

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    For anybody who isn't familiar with out it works when your in sector space, omne of youe boffs will pop up and say something like " temproal raiders attaking Bii, want too transwarp there?" you accept and when you arrive, you click on enter temporal thing and you join a queue, theres also a 30 min countdown between repeating the mission, its basically a queue mission thats not on the queue list.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Remember though Shon's Biggest quote from the battle of Earth was from Tennyson's "Charge of the Light Brigade". I like the larger historical quotes like this.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Who's he going to end up quoting next? Riker? Chakotay? Tucker?
    "Get the cheese to sickbay".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=circ3_-JJy0

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    For anybody who isn't familiar with out it works when your in sector space, omne of youe boffs will pop up and say something like " temproal raiders attaking Bii, want too transwarp there?" you accept and when you arrive, you click on enter temporal thing and you join a queue, theres also a 30 min countdown between repeating the mission, its basically a queue mission thats not on the queue list.
    Yeah, I noticed this too. An Alert that's not really an Alert. :/

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    geezerpunk wrote: »
    Remember though Shon's Biggest quote from the battle of Earth was from Tennyson's "Charge of the Light Brigade". I like the larger historical quotes like this.

Personally, though, since the Alliance were the defenders, not the attackers (even if they were lining up for an attack run on the Iconian flagship), I thought "Charge of The Light Brigade" - while a good DS9 reference - was a bit out of context...

*smirks*

I actually quoted 'Lays of Ancient Rome', 'Horatius At The Bridge', during the Battle of Earth, myself...
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    Yeah, I noticed this too. An Alert that's not really an Alert. :/

Yeah, there's a discussion about that going on over in the Na'Kuhl Red Alert thread at the moment. I said pretty much the same thing, that it's a Queued Event, not a Red Alert.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    risian4 wrote: »
    nebfab wrote: »
    And captain Shon goes on quoting Earth history that doesn't quite fit...
    "Peace in our time?" Really? (And this time there's no excuse that battle of DS9 gave the line a somewhat different meaning...)

I think that was a reference to Star Trek VI...

Let's see, Spock quoted Chamberlain, there was a peace conference, assassins, Klingon leaders dying or almost being killed... yeah, I'd agree with the "Undiscovered Country" reference.

Though I am starting to wonder about Shon - quoting O'Brien and Bashir during the Battle of Earth in the Iconian War, quoting Spock here... Who's he going to end up quoting next? Riker? Chakotay? Tucker?

Ok, I confess I never have seen that one. (Hands over his Trek fan ID.)

And now, when I think about it, it's actually quite clever: the process of famous quips and quotes fading away, then being returned to popular usage with a different meaning when someone famous re-uses them happens in RL too... (Chamberlain himself was quoting the Bible there, and obviously didn't expect it to end up as his "famous last words")
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    problem in vosk ship, after won the general, the forces change to rooms unable to player go and block the mission, i needed abort and repeat lots of times to can complete, please check this.
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Hey, Trendy, I'm wondering if you can confirm something for me; when Enterprise first revealed the Nakul it was a bit of a cliffhanger and left fans speculating as to the alien's identity. Some people thought that it might have been a Reman, and in this episode the Nakul assassin assumed the guise of a Reman. Was that a bit of a hat tip to the speculation among fans back then or was it just a coincidence?
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    grifithrkv wrote: »
    problem in vosk ship, after won the general, the forces change to rooms unable to player go and block the mission, i needed abort and repeat lots of times to can complete, please check this.

it happened to me, if Vosk is killed and you're not in the middle of the room, they spawn in the doors

Personally, though, since the Alliance were the defenders, not the attackers (even if they were lining up for an attack run on the Iconian flagship), I thought "Charge of The Light Brigade" - while a good DS9 reference - was a bit out of context...

*smirks*

I actually quoted 'Lays of Ancient Rome', 'Horatius At The Bridge', during the Battle of Earth, myself...
    My crew actually quoted 'Airplane!', which I feel was more spot-on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc
    #TASforSTO
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    And finally,
    nice to see a mention of T'Ket so the Iconian War isn't completely tossed into the "let us never speak of this letdown again" bin.

Really? I seem to have missed it.​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
    And finally,
    nice to see a mention of T'Ket so the Iconian War isn't completely tossed into the "let us never speak of this letdown again" bin.

Really? I seem to have missed it.​​
    You only see this when playing a KDF character and taking the option to talk with Kagran before talking to J'mpok.
    #TASforSTO
  • melange#3807 melange Member Posts: 28 Cryptic Developer
    farshore wrote: »
    Hey, Trendy, I'm wondering if you can confirm something for me; when Enterprise first revealed the Nakul it was a bit of a cliffhanger and left fans speculating as to the alien's identity. Some people thought that it might have been a Reman, and in this episode the Nakul assassin assumed the guise of a Reman. Was that a bit of a hat tip to the speculation among fans back then or was it just a coincidence?

I can assure you that it was not a coincidence.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Also, while it was bound to happen sooner or later,
    Vosk's appearance really is a cameo, and getting dispatched off-screen after only half of a mission is a major letdown. Also, why the heck do temporal agents have no records that Archer killed him in the past until now? How do temporal mechanics work in this game?
    I think the blog gives a good explanation. Some historical reports seem to be under strict NDA for temporal agents until they have caused the events they're describing to happen.
    So in this case:
    The report on Vosk's failure was always there but only got unlocked for Walker after Vosk had gone through the time portal.
    Otherwise, Walker might not have bothered with Vosk, believing Archer was going to take care of him anyway.

2bnb7apx.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    farshore wrote: »
    I can assure you that it was not a coincidence.
    so are you a writer person? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • batdoodbatdood Member Posts: 37 Arc User

it happened to me, if Vosk is killed and you're not in the middle of the room, they spawn in the doors

Has this bug been addressed yet? I've heard no mention of a patch and I've tried to complete this multiple times now. It keeps locking up at this same spot. I've tried staying in the middle of the room. Nothing. Very frustrating.
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    3 maintenainces and the bug didnt fixed, this is much frustating
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    Did the mission, didn't really like it. Flet the mission was too short, and Vosk being taken care of midway felt off. Mission should have been longer and more detailed. Not a mission I would play ever again after getting the gear parts.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    batdood wrote: »

Has this bug been addressed yet? I've heard no mention of a patch and I've tried to complete this multiple times now. It keeps locking up at this same spot. I've tried staying in the middle of the room. Nothing. Very frustrating.
    I guess the location is random
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Something else that's been annoying. I've been having an issue where I get caught in the explosion of the temporal gateway after you blast it. It keeps happening, even thought I'm just under 10 km away from it, and I can't even use Evasive to escape from it because it goes right into a cut scene!
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Yeah - thats a big problem - i run the mission on 13 toons for now - and only once i did survive that cutscene,
    rest of time even if i have 100% shield/hull - i'm exiting that cutscene in exploding ship :/
    .. Propably because the game freezes me in middle of a plasma cloud...
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6oJDJAZuMk

Watching this again .... I got the impression the Nah'kul were going to attack us (the player) in the past in various missions and we would have to go back and kablamoo them!

That being said this whole thing can be avoided if you destroy the magic rock before X dude goes back in time and the Tholians get it.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Yeah - thats a big problem - i run the mission on 13 toons for now - and only once i did survive that cutscene,
    rest of time even if i have 100% shield/hull - i'm exiting that cutscene in exploding ship :/

Only time the explosion never killed me is when I was in the most fragile craft I could find. Using a Raider and parking in its rear flank to blow it to bits with cannons at just under 2km distannce the ship survived no problem. In fact since I had no damage at all I actual think the explosion is a shaped charge and only blows stuff up in front of it.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    A rather half-arsed assassin they sent. Fine someone jumped infront of Okeg but they did actually manage to posion the chancellor so it's sheer incompetence that he is dead. Though on that vain, at the point we catch the assasin we don't know that the chancellor will live yet the incident is termed by our boffs as "an attempt on President Okeg's life" - clear that the Federation President is worth far more than the Klingon chancellor, even if you're KDF!

But another Kal Dano-esque ending with 'Let's go catc- oh wait, Archer did it for us several hundred years ago. The end'. So is Vosk now out of the picture? After one mission? These blogs really need to stop hyping. With all this back story I was expecting he was this season's villain. Can the depth of story that is put into the blogs actually be put into the game?
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »

You lucky bastitch, I haver not survived once on any of the nine alts, during the cut scene, and some of the ships I used was cruisers with mk XIV equiment.

If there is to be cut scenes that we can not escape, please make us untargetable during those cut scenes.

The reason I get blown up is probably because I blow up the station so fast that I only have time to kill of a few ships before it goes kaboom. Guess that is the consequens of have good weapon and area attacks. :p

But honestly, please hit whoever thought it was a good idea to let the enemies keep attacking us during the cut scenes with something heavy...... repeatedly.... and very hard.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I never was blown up when I blew the gateway up. Unless I was a good distance away and wasn't sure what happened sice the cutscene just popped up.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    spookpwa wrote: »
    But honestly, please hit whoever thought it was a good idea to let the enemies keep attacking us during the cut scenes with something heavy...... repeatedly.... and very hard.
    How on Terra this got past QA/playtesting escapes me, what with its being on the list of things that should never happen in a game... out of curiosity, I wonder if this sort of thing happens anywhere else in the game.

The simple solution, I imagine, would be to remove the cutscene and treat this identically to the disposition of the Destiny: as a volume of space you have X seconds to get clear of.
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    spookpwa wrote: »
    How on Terra this got past QA/playtesting escapes me, what with its being on the list of things that should never happen in a game... out of curiosity, I wonder if this sort of thing happens anywhere else in the game.

The simple solution, I imagine, would be to remove the cutscene and treat this identically to the disposition of the Destiny: as a volume of space you have X seconds to get clear of.

There is an episode on the Borg front that does something very similar. It isn't an actual cut-scene, but a BOFF springs up to tell you something right as a Borg Sphere attacks. Trying to read the BOFF message likely means a blow up.

It's annoying as hell then and it's annoying as hell now. Plus, it's a cheap shot making a difficulty spike that isn't needed for this mission. It's a good enough mix of hard and fun to me.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!