test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Big Problem with Dust to Dust

sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
I know this is a little dated, but I took time off sto and just now played the mission. My issue is, when Harry said, "I'm just a quantum duplicate". Harry and Naomi where the only 2 non-duplicates to surrive. The reason we know this is because antimatter could not be duplicated, the lack of antimatter caused the power faliure in Sickbay, which is why Naomi died. I had to rewatch this episode to make sure, but the Kim transformed into a Kolbali was the duplicate.

Just wanted to bring up this plot hole.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    sollaf wrote: »
    I know this is a little dated, but I took time off sto and just now played the mission. My issue is, when Harry said, "I'm just a quantum duplicate". Harry and Naomi where the only 2 non-duplicates to surrive. The reason we know this is because antimatter could not be duplicated, the lack of antimatter caused the power faliure in Sickbay, which is why Naomi died. I had to rewatch this episode to make sure, but the Kim transformed into a Kolbali was the duplicate.

The Harry that was transformed into Keten was not the duplicate. The duplicate Harry Kim is Captain Kim.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options

The Harry that was transformed into Keten was not the duplicate. The duplicate Harry Kim is Captain Kim.

The Harry that made it back to earth was the real Harry. He came from the version of Voyager that still had antimatter.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User

The Harry that made it back to earth was the real Harry. He came from the version of Voyager that still had antimatter.

Not according to Memory Alpha.
  • Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    There is no "real" Harry. Voyager split in two. There was no cloning, holodeck, or Xerox machine involved; no "original." Both Harry Kims are equally authentic.
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    farranor wrote: »
    There is no "real" Harry. Voyager split in two. There was no cloning, holodeck, or Xerox machine involved; no "original." Both Harry Kims are equally authentic.

And they are both equally duplicates. B)
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    tenderbits wrote: »
    farranor wrote: »

And they are both equally duplicates. B)

they got John Crichton-ed.....

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    you can tell the real from the fake becaise they said antimatter could not be duplocated. One ship had it, one didn't, thats your duplicate.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    you can tell the real from the fake becaise they said antimatter could not be duplocated. One ship had it, one didn't, thats your duplicate.

How does the antimatter prove which is the "real" Voyager and which is the "duplicate"? One got it and that's it, doesn't necessarily means it's the "real" one that got lucky.

If anything, with the propensity of Voyager to have a whole lot of bad luck, it'd mean the "duplicate" did get the antimatter, leaving the "real" one to fall apart.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Ok. To clarify. The damaged Voyager in that episode is the one the show follows. The Harry Kim in STO we see as CAPTAIN is from the UNDAMAGED Voyager... because the Harry Kim from the Voyager the show follows died when he got spaced. This Harry that died is the one that became a Kobali. So to sum it up... "Prime Harry" is the Kobali, and "Duplicate Harry" is Captain Harry Kim.

Basically you're just getting it backwards. The Damaged Voyager was NOT the "duplicate", the undamaged Voyager WAS the "duplicate".

Though in all reality both are viably the REAL Voyager, but for the sake of storytelling... The one the show follows is the only "real" one.

I mean unless I totally watched it wrong. Which I'm pretty sure I didn't.