test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to open reward packs with items in your overflow bag

After update i am getting error :"Unable to open reward packs with items in your overflow bag". Overflow bag can not be opened. "/LootCancel " will let me open the bag , but it contains multiple duplicated unique items i can not move to inventory or discard. All my rewards from Doffing or Admiralty as well as mark boxes from STF's going in my inventory unopened. Even with yesterday's giveaway ( Thank you Cryptic) my inventory is full and i can not accept any more rewards no can i queue any assignments. At this point i can not play the game ( no point of playing if you can not get any rewards). Anyone have any idea or workaround? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    lillihennylillihenny Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Not sure if Cryptic is aware of this Overflow Bag bug, but it seems like if you log onto your character and the first thing you do is open the Overflow Bag on the ESD ground map it'll open. If you make the mistake of adding anything to the overflow before emptying it out, it bugs out and you can't open the bag. Even re-logging the character doesn't fix it. Usually I just empty it first thing the next day (if I remember to) and it works. Not sure what all the variables are, but that's all I know, Admiral. Hope it's of use.
  • Options
    leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I can open the bag with "/LootCancel " , but somehow it has Breen BOFF i already have and i can not move it in to my inventory and discard button is grayed out.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    leod198 wrote: »
    I can open the bag with "/LootCancel " , but somehow it has Breen BOFF i already have and i can not move it in to my inventory and discard button is grayed out.
    For that you can make an empty spot in your inventory and click claim all usually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I had white holographic doffs in my bag, that I know I got rid of ages ago.....
    Fortunately I could space them ....... again. >:)
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    bawdytieflingbawdytiefling Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    this happened to me too! Thank you OP for posting. It's duplicated a lot of uniques that, even though there's technically two copies of, I'm afraid to discard, because I don't know which one is the duplicate. I'm afraid that, once they identify the problem and fix it, if I've discarded the original, I'll be SOL. I've submitted a ticket but have so far heard nothing back.

Hopefully they'll resolve this soon, because I have very few cargo slots now available otherwise.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    i have taken this as a blessing for my characters that this happened to since they greatly benefit from it and i hope an exclusive doff has returned to my DOFF roster as i spaced her by accident once
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    For that you can make an empty spot in your inventory and click claim all usually.
    I just wanted to add that when I first tried to claim the items, it wouldn't let me even though I had space in my inventory, but after I sold off some stuff and made more space, it worked fine.

"Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I just wanted to add that when I first tried to claim the items, it wouldn't let me even though I had space in my inventory, but after I sold off some stuff and made more space, it worked fine.
    did you count the spaces? one of my characters had a total of 27 items in overflow.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Yes the devs are. Listed in this thread:
    We are looking into this issue. Thanks to everyone for the information.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Most of my characters that had stuff in the Overflow Bag had Jem'hadar Nanoenergy Recipes even though they already had them on Character. The item in Inventory was invisible but if you moused over it it told you what it was, I deleted it. The other big items found were a Shuttle Pet, an Elite Duty Officer Pack (which the game said I already had and could not open), and some random Uncommon Doffs.

This time all characters could open the Overflow right away and not have to log off and switch zones to do so.

I also logged into every character to get the Inventory Slots after having been 'burned' with the Spec Points (logged into one character and claimed, thinking like usual that unlocked for the entire account, not so). A few characters did not have Overflow Bags.

Also a few characters had flybys that said Operation Gamma was dropped as it was an incompatible older version.

A few characters did get a flyby opening something (don't remember) that they needed to be at least Level 51 to do so. None of my characters are below 56. All except one is 60, the one being 56.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns