test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR-116B Visual - SWEET!

chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
Fleetmate noticed that the rifle's visual changed, and I checked it out myself. SO AWESOME!

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Darn, no pic. What a missed opportunity.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,196 Arc User
    Yeah pic or pls DONT post tiger-2.gif​​
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    LyLTinG.jpg

rAhXPoj.jpg

They also added the Visor 03 option to vulcans, which was something I asked for a long time ago. It's nice to see some TR-116 love.​​
    Post edited by iconians on
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    If they didn't change the way it works, I'll still hate it :p
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    Finally, it looks right! :)
    latest?cb=20090126063047&path-prefix=en
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Just like in the show!

ftUEyFg.jpg?1
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Darn, no pic. What a missed opportunity.

Eh, I knew pics would come soon enough. Was basically making a 'thanks' post anyways.

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    FYI this also alters the look of the pre-order TR-116A rifle in addition to the craftable TR-116B rifle.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    YX1kAH.png
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    djxprime wrote: »
    Just like in the show!

EXACTLY the sort of reaction Cryptic need to continue to invoke in more of the content and feature additions through 2016!

Nice job art and animators devs and nice job producers for freeing up the time to get it in!
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Holy cats! The Feds now have a weapon which looks good! Never thought I'd see something like this as anything other than 'something we're gonna do some day. Just not right now.'

Little things like this have become the parts of STO I appreciate the most. Ships come and go but a good looking sniper rifle is a joy forever!
    Thanks, Devs! In this case, well done! Well done, indeed.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    I might have to see how that looks with my StarCraft Ghost outfit I made on my main. ^^
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Sweet indeed! It's these little touches that remind us the devs really do care.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    That gun, while very nice looking, reminds me of someone... Who was it again... Garrus, perhaps?

I torget, in my dottage.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I might have to see how that looks with my StarCraft Ghost outfit I made on my main. ^^

outfits are easy...i'll be more impressed if you can fully recreate nova as seen in SC2​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Looks awesomeyummy. :smiley:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Looks great, Now I just wish I could get the original A version
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    NICE! I'll have to give it another look next time Im on that alt with it
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Real beauty! Thanks to the dev for old content/item update!
    21ajpqt.png
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    tousseau wrote: »
    That gun, while very nice looking, reminds me of someone... Who was it again... Garrus, perhaps?

I torget, in my dottage.

"I am Garrus Vakarian, and this is my [redacted]."

On topic, I'm really excited that they finally changed it!
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    What's fascianting is how long it took to happen. I mean it's great and thanks and all that, but why do they choose to not let canonical stuff come with it's canonical appearance in the first place? If Star Trek Online has anything going for it it is Star Trek memorabilia! Everything Cryptic does is centered around sporting stuff from the shows, they decided to not follow original content and stories any more, but then they miss so many details it's staggering.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    What's fascianting is how long it took to happen. I mean it's great and thanks and all that, but why do they choose to not let canonical stuff come with it's canonical appearance in the first place? If Star Trek Online has anything going for it it is Star Trek memorabilia! Everything Cryptic does is centered around sporting stuff from the shows, they decided to not follow original content and stories any more, but then they miss so many details it's staggering.​​

Replication of specific items is likely to take time and require the skills of designers/artists who may have more important things to deal with. As you say, it is a nice thing to, and they did not have to do it. Not everything can be illustrated to the level of detail some people might like, but to say STO is missing a 'staggering' amount of detail is somewhat unfair.

I for one will not be looking a gift horse in the mouth. If I was a dev who came across your response, the first thought that would probably come into my mind is; "No good deed goes unpunished, I wont bother next time".

It's no small wonder why the devs do not frequent here very often, people are very quick to slam them, even when they do something nice (I have been guilty of it myself too, so don't think I am singling you out).

Perhaps we all need to be a little bit more patient and thankful.
  • turbionturbion Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Very pleasant surprise; thanks for the change to the model.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    equinox976 wrote: »
    (...)
    I for one will not be looking a gift horse in the mouth. If I was a dev who came across your response, the first thought that would probably come into my mind is; "No good deed goes unpunished, I wont bother next time". (...)

That's okay, I'm not bothering with a lot of in-game stuff as well pig-2.gif

Seriously though, it's no secret that I question a lot of the decision the devs made. Not in terms of quality, I couldn't really judge the programming or map building or anything like that. But I do disagree with a lot of basic decisions that were made and that includes leaving specific canon details/items out in the first place or adding something supposed to be reminiscent of canon appearance but yet letting it use generic or non canonical models. If I do not have whatever it takes to place (in this case) the TR-116 rifle in the game I wouldn't add it at all until I do have the means to do it properly. That's because my perspective on STO is everything it has going for it is a representation of Star Trek memorabilia. That was different but they decided to not use original creations to create their own part of the Trekverse (Defera - never forget! pig-42.gif) but specifically to put every little piece of canon appearance, even one-episode, few minutes of screen time occurences and let us replay those. If details do not match it does diminish the overall success of what STO is to me. A missing/faulty weapon skin to me is much more important than occasional lag, for example.

But in the end I'm still here, still playing and still enjoying whatever it is I do in the game, so there's that. And if praise is due I also voice it.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ardenwolfeardenwolfe Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Love it.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Holy cats! The Feds now have a weapon which looks good! Never thought I'd see something like this as anything other than 'something we're gonna do some day. Just not right now.'

Little things like this have become the parts of STO I appreciate the most. Ships come and go but a good looking sniper rifle is a joy forever!
    Thanks, Devs! In this case, well done! Well done, indeed.

Exactly, it looks the feds can made a gun what looks like gun and not like plastic schlock toy LOL

• highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Awesome! Now all that needs to happen is an enterprising captain to add one and one and start making burst capable versions, a scaled down pistol version, and a much larger and heavily cooled LMG version. Because we have a weapon that can bypass personal shields and shred armor and no combat officer in his or her right mind wouldn't be pushing for an array of such weapons to be adopted force wide.

Federation Hippie Council/Starfleet Command: "Thats too destructive!" *flails about, spills bong water on tye dye shirt*
    Combat Officers: "Thats the point!"
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,388 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I'm very happy to see this weapon finally getting its canon model. Always bothered me to have it differ so much from it.

Also, Tommy Gun for 5/5/16, pretty please?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    :( No more shield-ignoring weapons please.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I love mine!

screenshot_2016-04-12-21-15-45.png​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!