test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Un-do button required for skills

Not having access to Tribble, I get only two attempts per character to build my skills (unless, of course, I want to pay lots).

The skills selection process is too daunting to even start, I have no idea what my tree is going to look like towards the end of the process so I have no idea at the beginning where to put the first points to get me to where I might like to be.

Call me chicken if you like, but the thought of putting a bunch of points in the wrong place and then not being able to change them stops me in my tracks.

It was a big things for me to respec under the old system, but at least I could tweak it until I was satisfied.

So unless there's an "un-do" or "confirm/reset" coming soon, I'm "on break" as far as missions go, at least until there's a plethora of nicely tested builds posted for me to copy.

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Not having access to Tribble, I get only two attempts per character to build my skills (unless, of course, I want to pay lots).

The skills selection process is too daunting to even start, I have no idea what my tree is going to look like towards the end of the process so I have no idea at the beginning where to put the first points to get me to where I might like to be.

Call me chicken if you like, but the thought of putting a bunch of points in the wrong place and then not being able to change them stops me in my tracks.

It was a big things for me to respec under the old system, but at least I could tweak it until I was satisfied.

So unless there's an "un-do" or "confirm/reset" coming soon, I'm "on break" as far as missions go, at least until there's a plethora of nicely tested builds posted for me to copy.

Why don't you have access to tribble? Tribble is not locked to anyone at this time.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Oops. Hadn't kept up, the only time I tried, it wasn't accessible to 'silvers'. I will give it a try. Thanks.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    There's a skill builder created. Tribble is available. And my general tip is:

Remember you still need to hit a certain amount of points taken to hit the next tier, AND the return on the higher pip taken is not as much as the previous pip (so one level in a skill provides the most boost, the second is intermediate and the third is small).

With that in mind, the scary thought of what to take in the first tier is ... 1 pip in almost everything. I mean you NEED to take some to get to tier 2. And you NEED damage to a weapon choice (likely energy). Every ship could use some hull hit points, some shield boosts, etc, etc, etc.

It was my experience on Tribble that tier 1 no matter what I ended up at, I usually had 2 pips taken in most of the skills there.

That gets you started at least.

Good luck. And at the heart of your feedback, I absolutely agree, an undo button or some sort of capability to move things around before being "locked in" to a build is totally needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Its been tested on tribble for weeks and most people have asked for an undo button. They've ignore that request for weeks. They're trying to pull a cash grab on respec tokens, so will likely never give an undo button.
  • Options
    I don't get the SHARD: option and I'm not on Arc. Still looking.
  • Options
    Getting somewhere now, says it should be available in the next two hours. Time for a coffee.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Getting somewhere now, says it should be available in the next two hours. Time for a coffee.

Usually once you do the character copy option, the characters are available on tribble immediately. However once you have the shard option for tribble, you'll be in for a patch.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    One of the devs commented a while back about this and there were severe technical limitations preventing them from doing it in a cart system I believe he called it where you can change and commit your final options when completed.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Its been tested on tribble for weeks and most people have asked for an undo button. They've ignore that request for weeks. They're trying to pull a cash grab on respec tokens, so will likely never give an undo button.

They haven't ignored it. They have said they cannot implement a system for this in time for planned release of Season 11.5, the programming time for it is not available for it. It could be they still end up implementing it eventually (though I have my doubts about that.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User

They haven't ignored it. They have said they cannot implement a system for this in time for planned release of Season 11.5, the programming time for it is not available for it. It could be they still end up implementing it eventually (though I have my doubts about that.)

Excuses. Pretty sure we all could have lived with waiting till it came out since its probably the most important part of the skill update. But yea, cash grab.
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User

Well, they have. For the time being. kodachikuno was right, they're doing a cash-grab on the tokens and later on they will magically have time to implement it. They're laughing all the way to the bank, and most people won't even notice they're getting robbed. Some time later on there'll be another revamp, same TRIBBLE. Oh, and lets not forget T7 ships that probably will come at some point, with another reskinned T5/T6 ship collection. lol.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »
    Excuses. Pretty sure we all could have lived with waiting till it came out since its probably the most important part of the skill update.
    The new skill system is useable without the skill cart system. For new players pretty much nothing changes, because the "skill cart" system is pretty useless if you spend points as you level up.

Of course we could have all lived with waiting for the change, but we can all live without the game altogether, so that's meaningless. And you know what happens when things gets rescheduled? You get stuff like the Berlin airport or the Deep Space Nine revamp. Stuff that never seems to get finished.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    On my third go through it, missed different things each time.

I would suggest that everyone does this on Tribble first.

Even with just one character I'm getting a feel for how each of the others needs to be done.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Umm...I don't need skill in weapons...that said...I'M VERY ANGRY THAT SCIENCE GOT NERFED AGAIN!!! I swear you'd think we were soo powerful that a BFAW Boat was a utter joke requiring a git gud message from us but nooooo we barely do half the damage of a Good BFAW and yet it requires the Nerf Hammer. Only good thing is it was somewhat minor (we got a slap in the face rather than a sledgehammer to the teeth)
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    I'm sure there are "severe technical limitations" preventing them from making a system where you can move points around before confirming... in the same way that there are "severe technical limitations" preventing cities from adding a detour or at least removing the traffic spikes at toll booths.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Remember how long and how much Dilithium was wasted accidentally hitting the 'Finish Now' Button on crafting before they gave us an 'Are You Sure' confirmation button. There was a lot of pleading for that and no Zen directly in the equation.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    It's a perfect world. :*
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    khazlol wrote: »

Imperfect World,,,,,lol

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    kthang wrote: »

Well, they have. For the time being. kodachikuno was right, they're doing a cash-grab on the tokens and later on they will magically have time to implement it. They're laughing all the way to the bank, and most people won't even notice they're getting robbed. Some time later on there'll be another revamp, same TRIBBLE. Oh, and lets not forget T7 ships that probably will come at some point, with another reskinned T5/T6 ship collection. lol.
    You know what.

We could have implemented the system and just announced it without additional FAQ's, updating the skill blog text to reflect relevant updated information, hosted a livestream Q/A session, kept it on Tribble for weeks at a time urging people to experiment and play with the system to get used to it, reset people's skill bars, give them a free respec token, or put Skill Retrain tokens on sale for 40% off.

But you know what? We did. We addressed openly that we couldn't implement that function into the system and if you can't take that for face value as well as all the other things that were done in order to help ease you into this system, then you're simply looking for reasons to be angry. I have not the patience or the mind for that.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    khazlol wrote: »

Imperfect World,,,,,lol
    Haha that's not constructive!
    /wham
This discussion has been closed.