test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EULA question

kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
My son's computer is dead, and he probably won't be able to get a new one until after these give-aways. Would it be against the EULA for me to log in to his account and claim the free stuff for him? If it's not ok, then I won't do it. But, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Comments

• comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    He's your son, you have authority over him.

I log into my brothers account and collect the stuff for him when he's at work and can't get the free stuff...

@pwlaughingtrendy would have a better answer tho!
    6tviTDx.png

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I mean, you could let him log into your computer.
    /shrug

:)
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    There's no automatic ban or penalty or whatever for logging into your account on another computer, even if that new computer is associated with another account.

That said, he/you would probably have to go through the Account Guard process - as anytime you log in on a new computer, it sends a one-off code to the email associated with that account, as a security check (to lessen chance of hacking). If your son can check his email and type in the code, then should be able to log in and play/claim.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    /shrug

Soo...? The answer is "As long as we don't catch YOU doing it, we can pretend it was your son"?

Never mind..: I know you can't answer that.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    If you don't say anything, we won't...​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Usually it's against the rules in MMOs to share accounts. But I don't think they would do anything unless a conflict arose and someone contacted customer support to complain about the person they shared the account with (like if your friend thought it would be funny to delete all your characters).

They really have no way of ever knowing an account was shared (unless someone admits to it), even if the account is logged in to from a different I.P. address from the other side of the country. For all they know, the account holder could be on a business trip or vacation.

So as long as nothing bad happens to the account, you should be fine. Account sharing is against the rules, but it's not one of those things they would get upset about and ban people over (again, as long as no problems with the account arise).

As a PWE employee, Trendy has to go by the ToS/EULA. She can't give any impression that it's OK for us to violate the rules in any way. If something were to happen and people started abusing the rules because of something she said, she'd get blamed for it.
    /shrug

That's about all she can do; suggest another way to handle the situation without breaking the ToS/EULA.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    No, if it's against the rules, I won't do it. I'll be a good captain and follow the rules. Thanks for the replies, though.