test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - APRIL 8, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.60.20160319a.18.

General:
  • Resolved an issue which was causing the scoreboard to not appear in PvE and PvP queues.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Federation Frigates and all of their children to use the Cruiser Class instead of Frigate which caused these frigates to have significantly more HP than was intended.
  • Resolved a map transfer issue that occasionally caused a crash to occur.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing the Brightness option to be higher than selected such as setting it to 10% would result in it being set to %100.

Skill Revamp:
  • Updated description for Shield Weakening to be a bit clearer about its functionality.
  • Focused Frenzy (Tac Ultimate) has been improved:
    • Firing Cycle Haste increased from 5% per stack, to 8% per stack
    • Damage Bonus (from Frenzied Assault) increased from 5% per stack, to 8% per stack
    • Boff Cooldown Bonus (from Frenzied Reactions) increased from .25sec per hit, to .5sec per hit
  • Probability Manipulation (Sci Ultimate) has been improved:
    • Damage Resistance Debuff (from Probability Penetration) increased from -5 per stack to -10 per stack
    • Damage Resistance Debuff (from Probability Penetration) increased from 20sec duration, to 30sec duration
    • Duration Increase (from Probability Window) increased from +5sec (20sec total), to +15sec (30sec total)
  • Resolved an FX issue with EPS Corruption, where purchasing Enhanced Corruption caused the FX to stop playing.
  • Clicking an Ultimate Ability now forces the Skill Details window to pop up.
  • Passive hull regeneration now more closely matches values currently available on Holodeck.
    • Players with no points in Damage Control will see a slight decrease in their passive regeneration outside of combat, and should see no change while in combat.
    • Updated descriptions for Damage Control (all ranks) to more accurately reflect the mechanics involved.

Comments

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    The changes to the ultimates certainly makes them look tasty. The science one is awesome!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2016
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.60.20160319a.18.

General:
    • Resolved a map transfer issue that occasionally caused a crash to occur.
    • Resolved an issue that was causing the Brightness option to be higher than selected such as setting it to 10% would result in it being set to %100.

Just those two make this patch the best one for S11.5. No more cursing at STO every time I have to force close it on a map transfer multiple times on one sitting.

• Options
    orionsruleorionsrule Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Have I missed something? Uh, not that it would be unusual if I did, but I just did a respec on tribble and yet again the respec unchecked all the Personal Ground, Personal Space and Starship traits I had selected.

If this goes live the screaming scroll as folks don't reselect these traits befor testing their new skills is going to tremendous.

Or is this a bug that is only affecting me?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    orionsrule wrote: »
    Have I missed something? Uh, not that it would be unusual if I did, but I just did a respec on tribble and yet again the respec unchecked all the Personal Ground, Personal Space and Starship traits I had selected.

If this goes live the screaming scroll as folks don't reselect these traits befor testing their new skills is going to tremendous.

Or is this a bug that is only affecting me?

In the past that's the way a full respect always worked; it cleared traits, etc. and you had to repack/reslot them. Because the revamped skill system currently can't allow you to just clear and repack one skill on the fly (people brought this up and Borticus mentioned while not impossible it would take more programmer resource time then they had so the 'lock in each pick as you go' is what we have at launch); whenever you use a respect token it's a 'full respec'.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    orionsruleorionsrule Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    In the past that's the way a full respect always worked; it cleared traits, etc. and you had to repack/reslot them. Because the revamped skill system currently can't allow you to just clear and repack one skill on the fly (people brought this up and Borticus mentioned while not impossible it would take more programmer resource time then they had so the 'lock in each pick as you go' is what we have at launch); whenever you use a respect token it's a 'full respec'.

Ah, thanks. Figured I was missing/forgetting something.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I still wish they'd do something to extend the 'No Shield Barrier Power Zone' that they put on the front entrance to Paradise City for Nimbus III to include the hallways of the bar and the rear entrance. While one person/bot was able to jam up the front gate, a bank of three was able to do the same for the bar itself.

Considering entering/exiting the bar (esp. back into Paradise City) is important to the story progression, this is an important inclusion to the 'No Shield Barrier Power Zone'.