test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop Dilithium Speculation

Comments

• postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    The thread title demands stopping speculation and the original post then suggests market manipulation as the solution to deal with an unfair exchange rate. What's so unfair? Why would a temporary market manipulation change the price long term?

Seems to me vet players are getting what they deserve for avoiding paying cash for years. Maybe players with new accounts could get discounts on certain classes of item, like account unlocks and their first couple of ship purchases, it should be pretty easy to set that up in a way that doesn't create and opportunity for exploitation.

With a lot of the event ships being very good there isn't really a need to pay for better, just a want. Some sort of democratization of starship traits would be nice, like pick any3 for 3k zen, rather than buying ships for the trait at 3k a pop.
  • captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    I dunno about you lot but I just buy zen and convert it when I need dil.
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »
    Maybe players with new accounts could get discounts on certain classes of item, like account unlocks and their first couple of ship purchases, it should be pretty easy to set that up in a way that doesn't create and opportunity for exploitation.

Yeah, I'm sure this can't be bypassed in any way by vets. Also overestimating the number of new players coming to the game.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    It's a little hard to imagine starting out from zero right now. But I'm sure it is somewhat difficult to compete.

It isn't that bad. Did it on an alt and stipulated to myself, no sending money or dilithium from my main. Took a couple months, but the alt is Tier 2 STF capable, with a T6 ship. Its an event ship, that was earned on that character not just free alt version.

It is not bad to start from scratch in this game at all. It just seems daunting.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Am I wrong in thinking that many, if not most, online games that have an end game sell advantages to players that are prepared to pay?
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »
    Am I wrong in thinking that many, if not most, online games that have an end game sell advantages to players that are prepared to pay?

You would be wrong. Very few actually sell what would be called advantages. Most just sell cosmetic variations. There are SOME that do sell actual advantages.

• georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    It's a little hard to imagine starting out from zero right now. But I'm sure it is somewhat difficult to compete. Though I will say that my Delta Recruit (without any help from old characters) had everything done and leveled to equal my old characters within 3 months with 500,000+ refined left over. I did purchase the pilot ship for him but that was a bit later and he could have purchased it for himself easily by then.

The problem is that people are quickly forgetting the massive fleet sinks that are now completed. Small to medium sized fleet leaders used to pour millions upon millions of dilithium into their fleets. Not so much anymore. Even small things like fleet lab took a very long time for even large fleets to complete. The sole desire now is to buy keys and open boxes. It's a very different dil economy - with much more supply and no one willing to participate in sinks or sinks largely completed.

That's why I suggest we begin to look at using dil or buying cool stuff with it again as opposed to trying to get people to dump it into bottomless sinks - because few people will be willing to do that anymore.

Agreed. But I would like to have something much better for DIl use. I want an actual Fleet Siege. Fleets with the same level can battle it out in a Space and Ground Battle scenario. Destroying Starbase defenses and facilities for good rewards would be interesting and every damage done depending on how much damage done for both ships, facilities and defenses can only be fixed using DIl. The better the ship and defenses/facility the larger the sum of dil needed to fix them and as penalty will have some of their fleet perks disabled until they are fixed.

But in order for this to happen they should fix PvP first. I want the same PvP arena system RO2 has to work in STO. When entering the PvP zone, everything is adjusted to be equal, but in this case damage modifiers traits and specialization should be disabled. Hence even low level and F2P ships can join the Frey and everything is determined by the Fleet strategy of offense and defense.

Then after a successful break of space defenses the Ground part starts and tries to takeover the Starbase with the same property as in space battle. That way everyone can join. Also reducing properties of some ground skills can be of help. This way healers and such would be really needed. Then there would be need for engineers for further infiltrating the base or defending it, Tacts to hold the line or break the defense.

Rewards for the winners should be very valuable too. But to prevent constant harassing of guild from other guilds there is a lockdown for guilds that where defeated and cannot be engaged until they recovered after the event ends. Oh and yes a Fleet can only engage another Fleet with the same level and "Power Rank" as their fleet so that no one can attack lower guilds.

But hey all of this are just my wish list ahaha!
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I think it would be good if they added some purely cosmetic or limited use items to the dilithium store to soak up the pink stuff.
    Keep the exchange and c-store for the actual game changing stuff like ships but allow access to cosmetic stuff from anyone who has dilithium.
    I mean stuff like the consumables in the lobi store should really be in the dil store and they'd be a lot more accessible and people would probably buy them more often. It could soak up some of the dil by giving people alternative to blow it on.
    Either that or stuff all the costumes in the dil store, I'd happily buy the lot!
    SulMatuul.png
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    There are too many ways to spend Dilithium which has caused the opposite of the intended effect ironically. Gear upgrades, rep and fleet equipment etc. Technically those could be virtually limitless sinks especially if you have multiple characters but the price points are so high that most people will only do it once at best.
  • avengerkid1993avengerkid1993 Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...so for the OP...you solution to an "unfair" dilitium market is to do market manipulation to be advantageous to YOU. You seriously didn't see th fault in that statement before you posted?!? YOU personally can decide if the rate is too high or not, but everyone else has the right to disagree with you and buy zen at those rates. When people agree with you, the rates will drop, if not, they will go up. Or would you like what happened in NWN to happen here where you you can have all the astral diamonds(thier dilitium) in the world, but good luck finding somebody to sell zen to you when their market reached cap and was manipulated by that mechanic.

Man, has someone ever told you about "democracy" and "proposal" words ?
    I made a proposal, you can find it right or find it unfair: I'm not telling you to do what I command.

Seriously, many of you look like ferengies afraid to lose their monopoly ... beware: a syndacate !
    Its tragic, really :|

However ... I'd say you made the point: nothing is going to change.
    Ok, its fine: I was expecting this, I don't even know why I tried ahah
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The only thing that needs to change is your expectations about the value of mud coin vs real dollars.

Its a lot easier for people spending real cash to hold the line and not pitch money at the screen than it is for people seeing play-money building up in their coffers to try and hold fast for a better exchange rate. The amount of pink you have to trade goes up every day. The amount of green people are willing to kick in goes up very, very slowly.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Okay...so for the OP...you solution to an "unfair" dilitium market is to do market manipulation to be advantageous to YOU. You seriously didn't see th fault in that statement before you posted?!? YOU personally can decide if the rate is too high or not, but everyone else has the right to disagree with you and buy zen at those rates. When people agree with you, the rates will drop, if not, they will go up. Or would you like what happened in NWN to happen here where you you can have all the astral diamonds(thier dilitium) in the world, but good luck finding somebody to sell zen to you when their market reached cap and was manipulated by that mechanic.

I made a proposal, you can find it right or find it unfair: I'm not telling you to do what I command.

Seriously, many of you look like ferengies afraid to lose their monopoly ... beware: a syndacate !

Whoa there, friend.

You were indeed trying to rally folks ("STOP DILITHIUM SPECULATION") to manipulate the dilex by demanding that they do some action ("We must STOP buying CPs for dil") that would induce some momentary/speculative market change (decreased demand/decreased price) that you speculated would continue until a condition would be met ("price drops below 200").

The weird part isn't how hypocritical all that would be, nor the lack of any pretense that you were not making demands, nor the compete lack of any planning as to what people do once the 200 mark was hit, nor the lack of any planning for the market shift that would occur after the obvious scenario of the movement disbanding and everyone converting to zen once it reached 200, nor the strange way you're presenting fair/unfair as interchangeable with right/wrong ("you can find it right or find it unfair"), nor the ambiguous nature of what you actually consider fair, it's how personal you seem to be taking this. The words you're using ooze with emotional instability, naivety, and suggest a great degree of irrationality and intolerance.

Like crackpot rantings, it's very difficult to take this idea of yours very seriously.

I'm sorry, friend, but I'm out.
    /channel_join grind
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    :

Whoa there, friend.

You were indeed trying to rally folks ("STOP DILITHIUM SPECULATION") to manipulate the dilex by demanding that they do some action ("We must STOP buying CPs for dil") that would induce some momentary/speculative market change (decreased demand/decreased price) that you speculated would continue until a condition would be met ("price drops below 200").

The weird part isn't how hypocritical all that would be, nor the lack of any pretense that you were not making demands, nor the compete lack of any planning as to what people do once the 200 mark was hit, nor the lack of any planning for the market shift that would occur after the obvious scenario of the movement disbanding and everyone converting to zen once it reached 200, nor the strange way you're presenting fair/unfair as interchangeable with right/wrong ("you can find it right or find it unfair"), nor the ambiguous nature of what you actually consider fair, it's how personal you seem to be taking this. The words you're using ooze with emotional instability, naivety, and suggest a great degree of irrationality and intolerance.

Like crackpot rantings, it's very difficult to take this idea of yours very seriously.

Well said! Bravo!
    Always nice to see someone publicly point out selfishness and deviousness.
    Regardless of how much it tries to cloak itself in nobility and altruism.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    So...you want to force PvP on everyone in a fleet...yeah...no thanks. That would cause me to quit this game. ANY game that FORCES PvP is a no go for me...and pretty much everyone else in this game going by previous threads to do the same. Stop trying to kill this game...damn PvPers. And PvPers keep wondering why PvEers hate them...this is why.

Oh Boy this will be long...

No one is forcing anyone to join the PvP. Period. That kind of attitude is pretty wrong. If you have actually played other MMORPG's with guild sieges or race wars no one is forcing anyone to join. Your Fleet can win with or without you.

It's just optional for those who want something else to do end game than mindlessly do repetitive DPS parsing and mindless queuing all day.

1st of all I did say only same level fleets can fight each other. And to make it more clearer I did say balancing things up in the PvP content that no matter what strategy would be the best way to win.

What really bothers me is the fact that yes I do know there are people who keep on insisting other people to do PvP but it's not every PvPer's are doing that. You're automatically pointing at everyone who likes PvP as if they are evil. Generalizing isn't a good thing to say.

2nd people who would play that kind of event will play them and those who don't won't. Simple as that. It's ones choice. No one is going to say to you use PvP skill for PvE. What works on PvE wont work on PvP and vice versa. Granted they may be some build that one may think off but that's just going to be one of the builds.

And your definition of FORCE is moot. FORCING someone means YOU DON'T HAVE THE OPTION TO SAY NO. But you DO HAVE AN OPTION TO SAY NO. I came from many games that has PvP Content and they are not dead and still thriving and the reason most are Still striving is because of the Guild/Race/Faction sieges or War. Most are isolated as Events.

What irks me is the fact that just because you don't want to participate, you're lashing on those who want to. This is a game that has supposed to have something for everyone. Why the heck did they put some PvP parts on this game if it wasn't mean't to be? Answer me that.

And saying PvPer's "Killed the Game" is another moot. How many years has it been since they Killed of PvP? How many stayed? How many got interested in playing? If you say there are lots then dream on. hey wouldn't be trying to simplify the skills to both space and ground in the 1st place if their only aim is for PvE. In fact the current system should be just fine if you're thinking PvE content since the enemies in STO are nothing more than cannon fodders and bricks.

Giving "Freeships", changing the system, releasing lockboxes are just some sign of a game that are having client problems. Not only have I worked before for the gaming industry I have also lots of MMORPG's in my repertoire to know what I'm talking about. UWO or Uncharted Waters Online has almost the same marketing system STO has. They have lockboxes too and they where the 1st to have it only they call it this time as treasure bottles. That game has changed owners so many times it's ridiculous.

You know what almost killed the Game? They listened to much about the whining PvE oriented players. Nerfing PvP and PK content is fine but almost making it disappear almost killed the game. It's when they finally just balanced out PvP and released the large scale PvP nation ESF or Epic Sea Feud event that gave life to the game again. Companies, equivalent of fleets in STO have gain more active members. The rewards for ESF is quite good for the winning group and since there is a vote for whom shall fight whom and there is always time to prepare. There is also an option on whom you might want to ally much like an Armada.

The beauty of it you don't have to join and no one is forcing anyone to join. ESF is one of the best PvP oriented event I have ever encountered in a game. Since it promotes more interaction with participating members. Helping each other to achieve something as a common goal. The basic rewards benefit the winners even if you didn't join the battle and doing PvE stuff but actually joining would give you extra perks as well.

Then something happened again to the game. This time PvE'ers wanted more content to make it "Easier for them" and whine again mostly because they can't cut it with the PvP content. They wanted everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. The company netmarble gave-in poof! The game sunk again. this time they have lost more people and does the game was transferred to OG Planet.

PvE content can only get people interested for a short time. People would demand more contents and if a company that is small cannot give them immediately they go somewhere else. Games that uses ships or vehicles like the World of War series has an occult following because the PvP content is something that one can adjust to. Same goes for other games that has some PvP element. It's what makes people stick for a while much longer and attracts more people if done correctly and give time to the dev team to fix some bugs on their system and develop good PvE content while the people are distracted.

Seriously what are the most successful games out right now? All have good PvP content. STO has done great in the fact it only has 2 PvPvE maps. It's also optional to go to. PvP is another optional thing. What happens on PvP stays on PvP and generally the ones who gets the short end of the stick is PvP since everytime things on PvE get adjusted PvP gets hit hard. Yes I'm calling Science here who gets nerfed a lot.

So saying PvP is killing the game is nothing but a false pretense here. It's the fact nothing else is worth doing end game except DPS racing that is slowly killing the game. Hence it's too much PvE that's killing the game and you can't expect any good quality PvE content from a small developer like cryptic if they are forced to release new content for a short period of time.

So if they do implement a good PvP system that will pre-occupy most endgamers I will be gald and would open up my wallet more. As long as it is balanced and will not be Pay-To-Win. PvPer's for a fact hate Pay-To-Win content since it makes people go stay away from PvP.

And if you decided to leave then leave. If you leave I can say this I know 20 people that would comeback in the game and invite other people to the game. Since the reason they left is the lack of Endgame content most specially PvP. And they all can pay for aesthetics and such and lockboxes. So that's about 1 person (You) leaving vs about 20+ paying people coming back to the game.

So tell me who would make a much difference? Because right now games that are actually raking money are those who have balance and good PvP and PvE content. Not stuck-up with just PvE content. And I think people who love PvP would also invite their friends who also love PvP to be in the game and PvP isn't something that just one or 2 person can enjoy, the more the merrier and us humans are naturally competitive to begin with.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Ok, I read your pvp fleet proposal and you are forcing participation. If your fleet does not participate the starbase will be damaged which needs to be repaired with dil. That is really lousy. How about a system where participation by fleets actually is voluntary and you can't get attacked unless you sign up for the event. I would support that.

The only other problem is that it makes no sense story-wise. Why are starfleet fleets fighting one another and destroying each others starbases? You'd have to call it a training exercise with weapons on stun or somesuch. In this case I would take out the damage as it wouldn't make much sense either. Holographic damage? The only thing that might make sense are rival Klingon houses fighting. That would be really neat.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    So...you want to force PvP on everyone in a fleet...yeah...no thanks. That would cause me to quit this game. ANY game that FORCES PvP is a no go for me...and pretty much everyone else in this game going by previous threads to do the same. Stop trying to kill this game...damn PvPers. And PvPers keep wondering why PvEers hate them...this is why.

No one is forcing anyone to join the PvP. Period. That kind of attitude is pretty wrong. If you have actually played other MMORPG's with guild sieges or race wars no one is forcing anyone to join. Your Fleet can win with or without you.

It's just optional for those who want something else to do end game than mindlessly do repetitive DPS parsing and mindless queuing all day.

1st of all I did say only same level fleets can fight each other. And to make it more clearer I did say balancing things up in the PvP content that no matter what strategy would be the best way to win.

What really bothers me is the fact that yes I do know there are people who keep on insisting other people to do PvP but it's not every PvPer's are doing that. You're automatically pointing at everyone who likes PvP as if they are evil. Generalizing isn't a good thing to say.

2nd people who would play that kind of event will play them and those who don't won't. Simple as that. It's ones choice. No one is going to say to you use PvP skill for PvE. What works on PvE wont work on PvP and vice versa. Granted they may be some build that one may think off but that's just going to be one of the builds.

And your definition of FORCE is moot. FORCING someone means YOU DON'T HAVE THE OPTION TO SAY NO. But you DO HAVE AN OPTION TO SAY NO. I came from many games that has PvP Content and they are not dead and still thriving and the reason most are Still striving is because of the Guild/Race/Faction sieges or War. Most are isolated as Events.

What irks me is the fact that just because you don't want to participate, you're lashing on those who want to. This is a game that has supposed to have something for everyone. Why the heck did they put some PvP parts on this game if it wasn't mean't to be? Answer me that.

And saying PvPer's "Killed the Game" is another moot. How many years has it been since they Killed of PvP? How many stayed? How many got interested in playing? If you say there are lots then dream on. hey wouldn't be trying to simplify the skills to both space and ground in the 1st place if their only aim is for PvE. In fact the current system should be just fine if you're thinking PvE content since the enemies in STO are nothing more than cannon fodders and bricks.

Giving "Freeships", changing the system, releasing lockboxes are just some sign of a game that are having client problems. Not only have I worked before for the gaming industry I have also lots of MMORPG's in my repertoire to know what I'm talking about. UWO or Uncharted Waters Online has almost the same marketing system STO has. They have lockboxes too and they where the 1st to have it only they call it this time as treasure bottles. That game has changed owners so many times it's ridiculous.

You know what almost killed the Game? They listened to much about the whining PvE oriented players. Nerfing PvP and PK content is fine but almost making it disappear almost killed the game. It's when they finally just balanced out PvP and released the large scale PvP nation ESF or Epic Sea Feud event that gave life to the game again. Companies, equivalent of fleets in STO have gain more active members. The rewards for ESF is quite good for the winning group and since there is a vote for whom shall fight whom and there is always time to prepare. There is also an option on whom you might want to ally much like an Armada.

The beauty of it you don't have to join and no one is forcing anyone to join. ESF is one of the best PvP oriented event I have ever encountered in a game. Since it promotes more interaction with participating members. Helping each other to achieve something as a common goal. The basic rewards benefit the winners even if you didn't join the battle and doing PvE stuff but actually joining would give you extra perks as well.

Then something happened again to the game. This time PvE'ers wanted more content to make it "Easier for them" and whine again mostly because they can't cut it with the PvP content. They wanted everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. The company netmarble gave-in poof! The game sunk again. this time they have lost more people and does the game was transferred to OG Planet.

PvE content can only get people interested for a short time. People would demand more contents and if a company that is small cannot give them immediately they go somewhere else. Games that uses ships or vehicles like the World of War series has an occult following because the PvP content is something that one can adjust to. Same goes for other games that has some PvP element. It's what makes people stick for a while much longer and attracts more people if done correctly and give time to the dev team to fix some bugs on their system and develop good PvE content while the people are distracted.

Seriously what are the most successful games out right now? All have good PvP content. STO has done great in the fact it only has 2 PvPvE maps. It's also optional to go to. PvP is another optional thing. What happens on PvP stays on PvP and generally the ones who gets the short end of the stick is PvP since everytime things on PvE get adjusted PvP gets hit hard. Yes I'm calling Science here who gets nerfed a lot.

So saying PvP is killing the game is nothing but a false pretense here. It's the fact nothing else is worth doing end game except DPS racing that is slowly killing the game. Hence it's too much PvE that's killing the game and you can't expect any good quality PvE content from a small developer like cryptic if they are forced to release new content for a short period of time.

So if they do implement a good PvP system that will pre-occupy most endgamers I will be gald and would open up my wallet more. As long as it is balanced and will not be Pay-To-Win. PvPer's for a fact hate Pay-To-Win content since it makes people go stay away from PvP.

And if you decided to leave then leave. If you leave I can say this I know 20 people that would comeback in the game and invite other people to the game. Since the reason they left is the lack of Endgame content most specially PvP. And they all can pay for aesthetics and such and lockboxes. So that's about 1 person (You) leaving vs about 20+ paying people coming back to the game.

So tell me who would make a much difference? Because right now games that are actually raking money are those who have balance and good PvP and PvE content. Not stuck-up with just PvE content. And I think people who love PvP would also invite their friends who also love PvP to be in the game and PvP isn't something that just one or 2 person can enjoy, the more the merrier and us humans are naturally competitive to begin with.

This is a long post where the word 'dilithium' appears zero times.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • avengerkid1993avengerkid1993 Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Whoa there, friend.

Sorry man, but I don't really see your point.

I have a problem, I think that other people could have my own problem, I propose something to solve the problem.
    What all of this have to do with you ? Why you feel my idea like an attack to your freedom ? Why are you even posting here ? Get the hell out xD

You do not agree with my proposal, do a proposal yourself or don't do anything at all ... seriously, why the hell are you here ?
    You are just pointing out how I'm stupid, but let me tell you something: normal people don't go around telling other people how stupid they are; when normal people see something they don't agree with, they go elsewhere.

If you post in a thread you disagree with just to tell people they're stupid, well, it doesn't make you appear smarter :(
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User

Whoa there, friend.

Sorry man, but I don't really see your point.

I have a problem, I think that other people could have my own problem, I propose something to solve the problem.
    What all of this have to do with you ? Why you feel my idea like an attack to your freedom ? Why are you even posting here ? Get the hell out xD

You do not agree with my proposal, do a proposal yourself or don't do anything at all ... seriously, why the hell are you here ?
    You are just pointing out how I'm stupid, but let me tell you something: normal people don't go around telling other people how stupid they are; when normal people see something they don't agree with, they go elsewhere.

If you post in a thread you disagree with just to tell people they're stupid, well, it doesn't make you appear smarter :(

in other words if you disagree with my idea don't make any comments, just go away.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    Maybe if new content was released for something other than Zen or metrics, currencies other than Zen would have more value. Oh well.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    OP: How about... no?

I could go into a whole debate regarding economics, supply and demand, and perhaps even more philosophical arguments regarding 'need' vs 'want'.

But I won't because its pretty self evident that your idea (and definition) of 'unfair' runs contrary to pretty much every single exposition regarding market forces and self balancing economics.

I think if you ran into the NY stock exchange (or any other of your choice) and shouted at the top of your lungs 'STOP BUYING!!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!' you will most likely be laughed out of the building.

iUQsh7UqQEQ8N.gif

Ok, I read your pvp fleet proposal and you are forcing participation. If your fleet does not participate the starbase will be damaged which needs to be repaired with dil. That is really lousy. How about a system where participation by fleets actually is voluntary and you can't get attacked unless you sign up for the event. I would support that.

The only other problem is that it makes no sense story-wise. Why are starfleet fleets fighting one another and destroying each others starbases? You'd have to call it a training exercise with weapons on stun or somesuch. In this case I would take out the damage as it wouldn't make much sense either. Holographic damage? The only thing that might make sense are rival Klingon houses fighting. That would be really neat.

Ok another long one lol =P

My proposal was purely basic. I didn't go on to details. But if you read my long comment above your post (That one that I just have quoted which is way long) I did say it can be voted to participate or not. Also what's the problem with with spending Dil? The battle would be a High Fleet vs. High Fleet. Both sides should have enough stocked Dil to repair damage system and by itself isn't without any rewards. What I was thinking is if Anyone would donate Dil on repair the Fleet Creds gain by it would be doubled. This way newbies who had a hard time catching up with the Fleet Marks since it's the fastest thing to get filled up and the Dil always the last one.

So to make it even more clearer and I really didn't think I would have to make a bit of a more detailed explanation over this since it was just something I wished... This is the Gist of it:

1. Only Same level of Fleets can participate on this battle. A higher level fleet cannot engage another low level fleet. Seriously would a low to mid level Fleet would fight a high level one?
    2. It's a voting system like other MMO's that has the same system. So technically you can engage another fleet or not but only if the majority of the fleet members agreed can there only be a battle with another.
    3. A time for the event will be set. Participants would be registered and will be limited to those who can participate. So if both sides agree, they will determine the max players who would participate. So if the Fleet A can only have 10 members to participate and the other one has 20 to make it balanced only 10 would be allowed.
    4. If one of the participant is absent during the event he/she can be substituted or they can just left it open for anyone who would like to participate.
    5. Yes there would be a penalty for the damage structure but most will not affect the core use of the fleet. A good penalty would be a bit of loss on mining DIl from the fleet mines. Until it's fixed. But it won't effect functional things like buying. Some fleet buff may also be disabled during the duration.
    6. As I stated, a losing Fleet cannot be challenge until they have fully recovered.
    7. The Dil contributed for repairs would gain much Fleet Credits than the usual 1:1. That way even a low level player and casual player can contribute as much Dil as they can but will gain much in return. But this doesn't mean that fleet marks would be useless since Starbase repairs are not that of a common project. It's just a way so that even low level players can easily get access to embassy consoles and such.
    8. Damage and penalties differ from low level fleet to the high level ones. Low level fleets can engage each other if they want but their penalties are lesser than the high fleets who can actually fix their starbase much easier. rewards are also the same.
    9. Rewards also grows depending on the level of fleets fighting. I would suggest EC bonus. Even if you didn't joined the battle. But yes of course those who did join would gain much. Also I'm suggesting some Lobi crystal rewards for those who participated. Winner or loser. And since Balanced PvP is the key as long as there is a good strategy even a low tier ship can join and they would still gain Lobi even if they lose. And we all know how much some people would like some Lobi Crystal even if it isn't that much. Also some new costume can be bought and other cosmetics for the winners located on their starbase tailor for the limited time they have one. Dil mining should also increase for the winners. And accolades with cool titles should be also unlocked depending on your performance or if your side wins or loose. These are just some things I think of for the rewards.
    10. Purely aesthetic but the top 5 Fleet for the month should have access to a customized uniform and Ship Fleet Registry Number they can use until next month's Reset of ranking. Yes monthly the Rankings are reset.

This are just some of what I would want implemented. And as you can see no one is forcing anyone. Sure some may just ignore it but with nothing else much to do some would probably try it most specially high level fleets. And also fleets can also make Fleet defenses as slotted projects. Of course there should be a limit on how many of this can be made but if they are destroyed during battle they have to create a new one. Also during battle Engineers can repair this defenses and! That's not all...

Since it's a Fleet vs Fleet thing both can go offensive anytime, meaning my fleet can left a few people to defend the Base while they attack the base of the other fleet. Or they could end-up just firing each other as they go towards each others base. There would also be a time limit and the winner would be determine by points via both Repairs and Damage Done. So strategy is a must.

So basically there is no Force here. Since if your fleet agreed to participate you know the consequence. And I doubt people would have a bit of a problem from such low penalties to begin with but high rewards regardless if your fleet wins or not. It will also give cryptic to actually make more decent PvE content while people are busy playing Fleet PvP and the whales who might like this setup might comeback and just by the Dils needed to quickly fix their bases and get back to action. And since Lobi Crystal is a good reward even if it's little people might just participate win or lose just for the lobi reward. Which means people would actually be more active in fleets discussing strategies, doing more queues to help members get those rep gear even if the person they have helped would not participate in PvP directly since there could always be that possibility that he or she may join.

I don't like forced PvP. PK is a forced PvP. Guild/Nation/Race/Fleet wars are just optional. What I suggested are some of the good stuff I have found on most of the games I played and tried to compress them as basic format for a good Fleet PvP scenario. The Rewards are good and the loosing penalty isn't that heavy that it would change your gameplay. We're playing a MMO here so there should be real interaction. If I wanted to play PvE all day long then I would just install my Starfleet Academy and Bridge Commander. The problem with the "Bad PvPer's" that people encounter is actually 2 sides of the coin. The 1st one they just want someone to battle with. The Fleet PvP would be a good way to do that and I did say it should be split to both space and ground. We humans are highly competitive hence the 2nd problem: People despise loosing. Hence those who are bad at PvP or doesn't think he or she can win would despise those who can. It's not much difference IRL. People sometimes despise people who are better than them just because they think they can't do the same. Which is Wrong.

Anyway my proposal isn't solid and it can use some fixing but as I said before it's just a wish list. Nothing more but a wishful thinking of trying to bring new life in the game at endgame.
    This is a long post where the word 'dilithium' appears zero times.

That is because my post is an answer to the other person's post about my post. If you want to read my post here that has "Dilithium on it" read my previous post.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User

Are you seriously delusional enough to believe that what you said is not forcing PvP on anyone? If you took the dil to repair out...then yes, I could care less...but when the effects of the PvP has an effect on my ability to enjoy my fleet'd holding for PvE, you are indeed FORCING PvP on me. And I neve said that PvP killed the game, I am saying you moron who keep insisting that it be FORCED on ALL OF US are GOING to kill the game. So stop...just stop.

indeed, I was just going to say even if some players opt not to take part in such a fleet v fleet conflict they are still going to suffer the consequences of a damaged starbase and likely picking up part of the cost of the repairs so I will say not to this, not even as an optional.
    if you want to PvP do it on a neutral map with no lasting effect on fleet holdings or cost to non participating players.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Hi guys, I'd like to talk about a very important thing in STO Economy.

Have you noticed how high is the price in the Dilithium Exchange ?
    Well, its really high (about 320 dil per point), and its our fault.

We must STOP buying CPs for dil until the price drops below 200.

Be aware of this: we (or at least I do) work hard to gain dil to refine, and I expect it to be worth something ... I don't want to give away a day of hard work for nothing.

So, everyone who sell dil: STOP buy CPs, the price is unfair. And remember that who sell CPs need us as much as we need them.

if anything you should be looking for a lot more supply than demand that way if the market is flood with dilithium it becomes fairly worthless, however if you limit the amount of dilithium on the market it becomes more important to have.

i understand your reasons, but greed knows no bounds in the end, but im sure enough players around here will confirm that point in their own ways, with excuses as i have seen year over year.

of course the 300 dilthium today is no match for the 100-150 dilithium back in the day sheldon describes, its not possible to get what you want as soon as you want because the prices have completely changed and the time needed to get it is also a lot longer due tohow much you would need.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.