test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF & FED team up.

chrisevans34chrisevans34 Member Posts: 260 Arc User
I think being able to team up Fed and Kdf together to do missions and Patrols would a great addition to the game, just like you can do in PVE/STF que's. They are now allies in the game, (after Surface Tension i believe). So i think they could look into changing this as I'd love to be able team up with my Fellow Fed Fleet Mates :) Esp when we do runs like Elite Tau Dewa Sector Patrol Runs, and Elite Mission Replays which is MEGA fun :)
Just a thought......

Comments

• zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Klingons smell, keep them seperate in all areas of the game.
    ***Sausages for All***
    Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
    KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
    Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User

Thats because the tailor is bugged & i havent change my uniform for 2 years,,,,, :)

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    "But of course!... We are one, big, happy fleet!"

;)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I agree with you OP, this is and has been one of the most annoying obstacles around. I regularly team up with friends and hit queued maps. For a cross faction team it’s either 5 man (7 for cc) or a risky, coordinated queue over chat.

Since most players I know favor fed side and the fact that team-ups between factions don’t work I claim that this ended me up with 7 federation characters and 2 kdf ones after close to 4 years of STO.

I admit that I also prefer to play fed side a bit more however if I had better team up options kdf side I think I would have had 5 fed and 4 kdf by now. There were simply too few for me which I took into account when making new toons.

In my opinion, the way it stands, the cross faction team up boundary puts the kdf side on a particular disadvantage where a minority gets penalized unnecessary in addition to the disadvantages they already have to deal with.

I also find any “KDF-pride” about purity and integrity about that faction misplaced here. I just want to play and team-up with my friends and don’t want to care about if I or they are currently sit on a fed or kdf character.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The last time we had a Klingon on ESD we had to depressurize the entire deck to get rid of that smell. I say: no more! Teaming up with the KDF only under one condition: mandatory sonic showers before beaming to a Federation facility.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Romulans unable to team up with other Romulans is the most ridiculous thing ever as a result of their segregated quasi-faction status. Either give us full independent faction, or let us team up with other Romulans regardless of this 'republican forced alliances' nonsense.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    No objections to Fed / KDF team up in missions that take place after Surface Tension which is when the truce was declared.

For example. it would be silly for a KDF player to ask a Fed player to team up in "Second Star To The Right, Straight On 'Til Morning" which involves an assault on Utopia Planitia Shipyards at Mars.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    The last time we had a Klingon on ESD we had to depressurize the entire deck to get rid of that smell. I say: no more! Teaming up with the KDF only under one condition: mandatory sonic showers before beaming to a Federation facility.

You're completely incorrect.

The last time we were in ESD, we shot your sentries, killed your bartenders in Club47 (serving watered down drinks is a death penalty; Humanity is slipping in its booze), and threw some parties at FAdm Quinn's office.

And we still had time to blow TRIBBLE up afterwards with a hangover B)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • chrisevans34chrisevans34 Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    szim wrote: »

You're completely incorrect.

The last time we were in ESD, we shot your sentries, killed your bartenders in Club47 (serving watered down drinks is a death penalty; Humanity is slipping in its booze), and threw some parties at FAdm Quinn's office.

And we still had time to blow TRIBBLE up afterwards with a hangover B)

hehehe lol :smiley:
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Was there did that.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 60 Arc User

but female Orions smell nice
  • roguedemonhunter#1500 roguedemonhunter Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    No objections to Fed / KDF team up in missions that take place after Surface Tension which is when the truce was declared.

For example, it would be silly for a KDF player to ask a Fed player to team up in "Second Star To The Right, Straight On 'Til Morning" which involves an assault on Utopia Planitia Shipyards at Mars.

I'm new to the game (since Qmas 2015) but I find the factioning pointless and infuriating in the PVE senarios.

While I can agree with no teaming in the earliest missions where they're actually at war and killing each other- there need to be some exceptions such as the very ones where the dialogue itself says they're fighting for the same cause and the minor in-game story sections even say so to support this.

Examples include the entire DS9 and Bajor arc plus ALL OF DEFERA. I put that last in caps because there is little more infuriating then being in a KDF hards team at 2/5 when 3 is needed and all you see around you are feds.... who in some cases are also shouting out in zone chat "Fed Hards 2/5." Oh yes.... the factioning in many parts of the game is not only pointlessly frustrating to players but runs COUNTER to the mission story dialogue. Both NPC's that greet you on world say we're fighting the Borg together.

Are we? Are we indeed?!

"Sorry hapless Defera natives I'd love to hep you but the only other person who gives a toss about teaming up is in the wrong faction. Sorry... Save yah from the nasty cyborgs later."

Yes I know now that a certain custom channel exists but- One should not need /join_channel KDFDefera just to get this stuff done.... But sadly I often do.

I would also argue- maybe Nimbus too since the entire mission arc is the same regardless of faction... Your all there to crack down on renegade Orion Syndicate members selling bad things to bad people. Though it would be nice if Romulan players got a nice cutscene for a certain moment that the whole team could see. I'm still not sure why... with all the build up- there isn't one. That's another issue altogether.

Anyway... Just the opinion of someone new to the game who believes any game that doesn't have a WoW level population player-base, needlessly separating said player-base.... is quite possibly crippling their own game, profit and ultimately player enjoyment.

Peace all. :)

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Ah, nice to see this thread is still around. Would be cool if the devs read and finally implement a cross-faction team-up.

Perhaps do it for the dead queues?

Just saying because after some testing the past month I happen to think that I as well as a dozen friends of mine are the only ones left in STO playing public queues. I hereby postulate such a change would raise the queue participation by up to 300%!!! Wouldn’t that be something Devs?

Here is some statistically representative chat explanation to why cross faction team ups could bring live to queues:

[Private Community Chat] Qirr@friend#1: I need some Undine marks for my kling and try to queue up for UAA. Anybody for team up and pug?
    [Private Community Chat] Neela@peterconnorfirst: Haven’t done this map in a while and would join. I hop KDF.
    [Private Community Chat] Xevon@friend#2: I would be in too but want my undine set for a fed toon.
    [Private Community Chat] Ice@fleetmate#1: + but I only have a fed char
    [Private Community Chat] Chameleon@peterconnorfirst: Ok. Anybody else? We can't queue and need fife for private so one more please.
    [Private Community Chat] Xevon@friend#2: It’s not a thing I can also go to battle zone, boring as hell but gets the job done.
    [Private Community Chat] Chameleon@peterconnorfirst: No wait, I check with DPS peeps.
    [DPS-Silver] Chameleon@peterconnorfirst: lf1m UAA
    [DPS-Silver] No Need for a Tank@friend#3: +
    [DPS-Silver] Chameleon@peterconnorfirst: UAA fty

Now this could have easily been a homerun queue for some random STO player who would have gotten a fun and successful public match out of it and who would be eager to join the next one.

Instead it remains Undine Assault Advanced: -:- in queue list.

Happens twice an hour for me that way so STO business as usual I guess.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    If it helps the queues, then by all means let's do it.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Since I've devoted most of my time, effort and resources to my very first KDF toon years ago, and also suffer a lot from this, especially when about 90% of my armada calls for FED teams, this would be one of THE best improvements ever!!!

Don't mind my smell though, don't hate the player, hate the tailor (bug) ;)
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Yes.

Its about time we call Shaka to make the walls fall.
    Allow those that want to team up Fed and KDF to team up. It won't force anybody, and its possible for those teams to exist outside of queues. There already is a workaround to create cross-faction teams, it just takes time. And with those cross-faction teams, even Defera was playable, as well as the Dyson battlezone. Everybody got their reward.
    So I won't buy anybody telling me that cross-faction teaming is impossible due to mechanical limitation.

In fact, I'd say we even should take this one step further, and allow cross-faction Armadas. Give us the option to unite Fed and KDF armadas. Those who are against any form of interaction with the other faction can still opt not to do this, but those of us who rather have their sides united can do this.

I literally see no drawbacks for allowing cross-faction teaming and formation of armadas. And I know for a fact that the teaming issue only exists because the server didn't give the option to join team so far. And now that Red vs Blue is an early-game illusion, with even the PvP queues changed to mix the factions... its about time we mix them properly.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    As someone who have been around in this game since closed beta. YES PLEASE!
    Cross-faction teaming, cross-faction Armadas, access to eachothers fleet starbase. Yes, yes, and yes!
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Romulans unable to team up with other Romulans is the most ridiculous thing ever as a result of their segregated quasi-faction status. Either give us full independent faction, or let us team up with other Romulans regardless of this 'republican forced alliances' nonsense.

Quoted for truth. Having a hard break between the Republic is so, so annoying. Allowing cross-faction teams would default allow for all Republic players to play together, too.

It just needs to be done. Everyone's on the same side again, unless Cryptic is planning to have the Feds and KDF at each other's throats again during the Temporal War arc.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    More federation lie's
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I think there will be lot of work behind getting the Fed and Kdf to come together in friendship.. so much work that we have to either wait for a expansion to release or a season.
    21ajpqt.png
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I was thinking. Why not have a level 60 unlock to allow you to play/replay any faction story? After all when we do a mission a second time it is considered to be a holodeck recreation. So why not a shared recreation so KDF can see how they would do in SF position and vice versa? As long as you don't get the missions with the unique bridge officer handed out it should not matter. And since Tovan would bug and report in on KDF and SF ships during anything Nimbus related. He could be in Fed and KDF replays of early rom missions as well. He is just a holodeck character.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • keepitcominkeepitcomin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    A big thing for me being mainly kdf, however did make a romulan on fed side. Fleets have so few people in them that being able to have joint fleets with feds would be great. Maybe even give some kind of bonus for being in cross faction fleet. ( plus I'm orion so I smell great)
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    This reminds me why the people at PWE need to give the STO team additional resources on this topic. Even if its just a one time thing to turn this game around. Which of course I already know how they can fix this teaming make the community become more friendly and as well be able to make sales on this where it will bolster not only zen sales but as well put more value into fleets. I've seen it work on GW2 but for this game it would be easier because of how many more artists Cryptic has it could be doable is just mostly the ability to have programmers.

Roughly removing the teaming barrier, the eradication of the zone channel and replaced with an alliance(cross faction map channel), introducing a function of becoming the fleet admiral/captain of a map so that players can organize easier without needing too much communication. Then introduce fleet store items that can give players boosts and make more use of fleets and at the same time helping with recruitment when using these items.

Anyways that is my 2 cents on it since I'd rather see the game standing on its feet rather than dying off.
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    i would also LOVE to see this change. me and my fleetmates like to team up and do pve ques alot, easy to throw together a team and just que for a pug when all are fed, or fed aligned roms, but if someone wanting to join us is a KDF, we are forced to create a private match to not exclude them and just hope we actually have enough to fill a private team.
  • romulanforcesromulanforces Member Posts: 41 Arc User

Have to agree with this too. The way the factional choice was implemented, set up the Romulan Republic to potentially be fighting against each other (in theory), of which makes no sense. I'm sure that a code could be created to allow Romulan players to enter into either Klingon or Fed servers at the click of a button. Both can enter DS9. Why not allow a "comms channel open for permission to enter Fed or KDF space.

Another idea is once players reach level 60, they have freedom to travel everywhere as an open server. I thought this would be suitable for a Ferengi faction whereby there are no obstacles to exploitation and profit.

Personally though, I would have liked the Romulans to have had there own faction. Could have allowed Fed & KDF to share Romulan server once level 60. Then once Romulan players reach level 60, they have the same freedom. If the Iconian War was limited to level 60, the full freedom to travel to all factional space (as with ability to go to DS9) would fit with the storyline with the alliance formation.

Is there any reason this wouldn't work? Or is this too simplistic and I'm missing something?
    RomulanCapital2154.jpg
  • romulanforcesromulanforces Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Also forgot to add, ESD looks like a giant "Magic Mushroom" deodoriser! Should fix the Klingon smell. Maybe this could be a new fleet project to earn deodoriser crystals?! Maybe a "Crystalline Deodoriser Entity Event"?!
    RomulanCapital2154.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Priority One podcast: 263 Al Rivera interview summary on this point

-"We want cross-faction teaming (after a certain level or completed episode) but we're [as much as can be inferred] not actively working on it at this time. Maybe later."
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!