test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [April 7th, 2016]

Comments

• hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    It seems they must have broken something, I'm getting nothing at all except "Unable to authenticate"....I guess this means that my 7.5 hour update will only start AFTER they fix login problems???
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    So... not much being patched here, not much being patched in NW... do you guys really need to stabilize your servers every two weeks?
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Good day to do your laundry, people. :)

No need... nude gaming for the win!!!
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Yay!!!

We have update access again!!!

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • icevixenicevixen Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Is it me or has the maintenance now been extended for another 2 hours?
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    So the hamsters get new wheels? :-D
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
    and the size of patch is dependant on the fact whether you have a full install or a 'download-as-you-go'
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Not just you - five plus 7.5 is 12:30 GMT-8 (Pacific), now it's saying 2:30 PM Pacific...

Extra-long downtime for STO and my FFT disc seems to have finally worn out after all these years, it's just not my day...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    We are extending our maintenance window to 2PM in order to adjust our network updates. We'll keep you updated.
    when did the 7.5h turn into 9.5h? 21h30 UTC is 23h30 Lima... Are the hamsters giving difficulties over their new wheels?
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    An extension on a maintenance already this long is outrageous.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Thanks for the heads up Trendy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    gradii wrote: »
    Actually, no.

Is it unfortunate that the window is long compared to the ~2 hour maintenance of most Thursdays? Yes. Is it absolutely necessary when you're literally updating tons and tons of platform and Arc-wide elemnts? Yes.
  • bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I've never known a game taken down so much for maintenance.
  • pullockpullock Member Posts: 27 Arc User

I have to agree, that's 9pm over here in the UK 10pm in most of Europe that's alot of people who've missed out today.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Actually, no.

Is it unfortunate that the window is long compared to the ~2 hour maintenance of most Thursdays? Yes. Is it absolutely necessary when you're literally updating tons and tons of platform and Arc-wide elemnts? Yes.

I agree it may be necessary but its still annoying as hell. and Perfectworld brought this on themselves when they created ARC...

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    tymersto wrote: »
    It would of been nice if Trendy would of included this bit of news in the maintenance announcement.
    Basically, there's a 7-hour back-end maintenance going on for all Cryptic games in addition to regular updates/maintenance.

Isn't life wonderful...

Did you not read literally the first note in the patch notes?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    *forsees many hours past normal working time ahead for trendy to ensure everything goes smoothly* i hope you have much bacon and caffeine stockpiled​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rupdistorrupdistor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    wow......just wow!
  • steven74205steven74205 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Actually, no.

Well, why not update it in smaller, more manageable chunks? You've kicked off every single player for every single title. That's great? The only thing I can do now is talk to my missus, and I'm bored with conversations about nails and polishes. Do you see what you've condemned me to?
  • rupdistorrupdistor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    wow......just wow!
  • steven74205steven74205 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Actually, no.

Well, why not update it in smaller, more manageable chunks? You've kicked off every single player for every single title. That's great? The only thing I can do now is talk to my missus, and I'm bored with conversations about nails and polishes. Do you see what you've condemned me to?

And another thing. While you're putting this immense fix/update/whatever, do you think there's any chance of fixing the calendar in STO? April's been broken since the beginning of March, and May's blank. Unless there's NOTHING planned, I think it could use a spot of attention.
    Actually, no.

I agree it may be necessary but its still annoying as hell. and Perfectworld brought this on themselves when they created ARC...

I used arc once and that was mainly to get the files I needed for steam, I never plan on using arc again as it's a horrible piece of software. When it was Cryptic they had a simple launcher which has always worked almost flawlessly. The phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it" comes to mind.
    pullock wrote: »

I have to agree, that's 9pm over here in the UK 10pm in most of Europe that's alot of people who've missed out today.

Actually pulloc, I think you forgot to factor BST (summer time) in... 21.30UTC/GMT = 22.30BST, and I'm in belgium, so that's 23.30...
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    tymersto wrote: »
    It would of been nice if Trendy would of included this bit of news in the maintenance announcement.
    Basically, there's a 7-hour back-end maintenance going on for all Cryptic games in addition to regular updates/maintenance.

Isn't life wonderful...

Did you not read literally the first note in the patch notes?

After relooking back at the second one (yes, there are two 4/7 release notes on the News page), it's mentioned.

STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • antonio#4298 antonio Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    So, today I came home from uni and wanted to play STO a bit before lunch, but then I notice that there will be maintenance until 8:30 pm (I'm in Europe)... So ok, no playing this afternoon for me, let's do something more useful today. And so I did... And finally, it was 8:20 pm, I sat down nicely in front of my comp, and after exhausting day, wanted to finally play a bit, and what I see?? 2 more hours of waiting.................. It's a wonderful life....
    brwjames85 wrote: »

Actually pulloc, I think you forgot to factor BST (summer time) in... 21.30UTC/GMT = 22.30BST, and I'm in belgium, so that's 23.30...

Your absolutely right, that makes it even worse though :/
    coldjaguar wrote: »
    When I saw 7.5 hour maintenance, I was thinking it was 11.5 being dropped today. Surprised by the length of the maintenance and what is being actually done.

Think of it as being the time they might need if something is not working, instead of saying the maintenance will last 2.5 hours but they will add time after time.

But, again, we might still get it past the 7.5 hours too.

I think they learned (from Scotty) that 7.5hrs of maintenance that ends 'early' causes less uproar than 2.5hrs of maintenance that requires extension(s). One makes you a miracle worker, the other makes you a incompetent boob.

omg no O.o incompetent TRIBBLE? O.o :p
    brwjames85 wrote: »

Your absolutely right, that makes it even worse though :/

praise yrself you're a Brit... it's a still playable time to start... since my alarm rings at 6am, i'll pass today :(
This discussion has been closed.