test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

duty officer question

If my KDF character buys duty officers from the exchange, even if they have the fed or romulan icons, can i use them?
I have been told that I can not use anyone that has a different icon/faction logo with them.

so whats the story on this?

Comments

• dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    The story, you ask? Okay. (Spoilered for length.)
    *clears throat* Once upon a time, there were four captains. One was a human, his oaths sworn to the Federation. One was a Klingon, his heart beating so fiercely that none could dispute his loyalty to the Empire. One was a Romulan of the most peaceful kind. The other, his brother, sought to prove himself in honorable combat alongside the Klingon.

These four captains were united on the planet Mercantia, where they had been sent by their superiors to assemble their crews. "My, these are fine officers!" the human exclaimed, noticing a group of Starfleet officers in their colorful uniforms. "Surely they will join me."

"Perhaps they might also help us?" the peaceful Romulan suggested.

The human thought about this for a few moments, but it was the Klingon who spoke first: "Pah! Those sniveling Federation petaQ are nothing compared to a group of mighty Klingon warriors!" he said.

Naturally, the human had something to say to this - the Romulan's brother, however, was faster. "You speak truth, my friend! Let us go into battle together, Klingons and Romulans!"

"Starfleet will do what it can for you, Commander," the human told the peaceful Romulan, "but I must object to the idea of sending my people to work alongside the Klingons."

"On that, we agree," the Klingon remarked, continuing to speak to the Romulan warrior. "My warriors will fight with you - can yours do the same?"

"No!" the peaceful Romulan exclaimed in chorus with his brother. "There are so few of us after the destruction of Romulus, we cannot afford to scatter across the galaxy. We will accept whatever aid you can give us, but we can give none of our own," he explained.

"Very well," the Klingon decided, turning to the human. "If Starfleet has no objections."

The human shrugged. "May this be a step towards the mutual understanding and peace we have so little of," he proclaimed, and the captains went on to pick their officers.

In other words: Starfleet can only use Starfleet, KDF can only use KDF, Romulan can only use Romulan and whatever faction they allied with.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    ... but everybody can be fed to the starbase...

<watches Klingon chefs cook Steak and Gorn work on the heaters of the Federation Starbase...>
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Good point.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    then how did i get an ocompan *sp* as an officer, with the fed badge? shouldnt he/she have a klingon badge?
    this officer was given from a delta mission or something, didn't buy them
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Is it a unique doff? if so which one?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    not unique, a green officer of something, cant remember, only that it was Ocompan *sp*
    Ocampan.... Hmm... I can't think of any missions that give Ocampan doffs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    You can buy any doff you like from the exchange, no matter what faction they are.
    You just can't use the ones that aren't your faction.
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Ocampan.... Hmm... I can't think of any missions that give Ocampan doffs.

That is because there is no episode that rewards Ocampan Doffs, the person who said that is clearly mistaken, however firm they are in their belief, they are still just mistaken.

There are only so few missions that carry Doffs as rewards and Ocampans are not one of them. There are the three alpha quadrant Doffs, the 1 Vorta and the 2 Jem'hadar, the Ferengi from one of the newer Iconian missions, the Doff you get from the Friday the 13th one-off episode, the EMH from one of the delta episodes, the the 2 different romulan survivors during the romulan chain and I think that is it for Doffs from episodes. There are a few doffs that one can get from events though and I think those are a bit more numerous, but even those do not reward Ocampans.

There are only two ways to acquire an Ocampan Doff, either through a delta Doff pack or by buying one from the exchange, which came from a delta Doff pack.
    Actually there IS one other source for Ocampa. The Delta ops pack came with some special doffs, one of them is Ocampa. But it's a purple.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    i know it was something in the delta quad, cant remember "how" i got them only that it was from a mission and i had a "oh nice ..... meh" moment with it
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Certain DOFFS like Bartenders can be used, for instance a FED Player can Buy a Purple Klingon Bartender in order to Replicate things that only Replicate by Owning a Klingon Purple Bartender.

I have a Romulan FED officer that sometimes gets a Purple Hologram Entertainer that is a KDF and it is annoying as they cannot be used for anything...

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    if you get a purple DOff that you cannot use, there is an Exchange which will happily place her for sale to another captain who can make use of her. I'm guessing that Purple Orion Entertainer DOff is worth a little change, at least.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    brian334 wrote: »
    if you get a purple DOff that you cannot use, there is an Exchange which will happily place her for sale to another captain who can make use of her. I'm guessing that Purple Orion Entertainer DOff is worth a little change, at least.

Sadly she is a reward from the "Trade for Entertainment Provisions" as is Bound to character, and also I Can't even trade her in at the DOFF officer at the academy for 3x Blue doffs either, which makes me sad...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
    ouch
    I think dismissal is the only option for them. You can't assign them to missions since they're the wrong faction, and you can't trade them since they're CBoP.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    The way it works is that off-faction DOffs cannot be slotted for active duty or assignments (including officer exchange DOff assignments), but they can be donated to fleet projects. When donating for fleet projects, if you're buying DOffs, don't worry about matching faction; get the best price you can, and donate away.
    yeah, but no current starbase projects eat purples or anything higher than white.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    I think they should make an update that will let the ones you "buy" for X faction after you progress past the fed KDF war, that they can be used then.

but thats just me
  • robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    There's a bug which will sometimes produce a blue FED-aligned duty officer for a KDF toon. I don't think I have ever seen Ocampan there (Wadi mostly), but maybe that's it.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »
    I have a Romulan FED officer that sometimes gets a Purple Hologram Entertainer that is a KDF and it is annoying as they cannot be used for anything...
    After the second time I got one of those, I stopped doing that assignment with Romulans.