Install Arc

summer resort weirdness

Comments

• illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    nabreeki wrote: »
    gilion wrote: »
    Team is looking into it.

Why? :P

Anyway, I want to see someone do that with a Vonph, or other stupidly large ship :)

There was a Vonph on Risa and ESD yesterday. It was great.

Maybe for you. Not so much for the players trying to put stuff in the bank when the thing is fishwheeling and using collision to bounce players across the map.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Little known fact:

Cryptic has secretly signed up to promote season 2 of Arpeggio of Blue Steel
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    illcadia wrote: »
    Team is looking into it.

Anyway, I want to see someone do that with a Vonph, or other stupidly large ship :)

There was a Vonph on Risa and ESD yesterday. It was great.

Maybe for you. Not so much for the players trying to put stuff in the bank when the thing is fishwheeling and using collision to bounce players across the map.

I am pretty sure players all have the same size collision box regardless of model or costume? I remember some time back when I came across someone in ESD and I could walk right through the ship model that person had and it was the same size collision box as any normal player. Unless that has changed recently due to the bug happening in a new way.
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    Nope, this thing does bounce you about some.
    The collision box for that glitch is the ship size.
    It seems that someone knows how to repeat it to which would suggest it's a break in the code, that's why it needs fixing. Now it doesn't really harm anyone other than a minor annoyance or a break in the RP side but it could lead to further issues.
    It may be amusing to some, it was moderately amusing for 30 seconds on risa but ultimately it shouldn't be there. It also raises the question of what other things are being abused and what other glitches are going unreported.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    ...but it could lead to further issues.

It's been around for a very long time - and has never resulted in 'further issues', it's hardly game breaking, and the Dev's have never bothered fixing it so I doubt they see it as a big issue.

If it really bothers people that much, it literally takes seconds to switch to another instance.
    Maybe it's never been fixed because it's never been reported, or not reported enough.
    I've already said it's far from a game breaker but this stuff can and does lead to further issues.
    It also can and does ruin other peoples experience in the game and I can see how it's annoying to others due to the massive hit box it created.
    I didn't start playing yesterday, I've been playing a few years now and have never seen this bug and all the people on risa at that time had never seen it either (two 500 day vets were among them).
    In any other game going, it's a bannable offence if it's not just a game error and actually player induced.
    Laughingtrendy has already commented that the team is looking into it.
    Most games have funny bugs and glitches but most of those games those bugs and glitches get patched and fixed, it makes for a more stable game.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I can think of some fun for this bug on Risa if you have a friend. Normal person on the ground doing the Tricorder scan emote. Mini-Starship with the jet pack attached. They are flying their model ship. :)

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Team is looking into it.

I saw one in Drozana.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Starfleet Dental!
    The dispersal of ERP'ers is both a necessary and noble public service :D
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    [img][/img]20160404184411_1%20-%20Copy.jpg

[img][/img]20160404184317_1%20-%20Copy.jpg

[img][/img]20160404184900_1.jpg

Hopefully they work

Summer 2016 prize ship!!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yogi Berra said it best, 'It's deja vu all over again'.

Just substitute that other item for this and this Thread is almost an exact copy of others relating to that other item.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • countvampulacountvampula Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I remember seeing this on the old earth space dock. I think its pretty funny, tbh.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Funnily enough it used to happen at release, along with a multitude of other fun bugs like the infinitely growing tribbles that would blot out the sun.

What about that brilliant bug where you transported to space and you'd be standing in orbit like a giant, when you warped out you ran off like Benny Hill.

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Nope, this thing does bounce you about some.
    The collision box for that glitch is the ship size.
    It seems that someone knows how to repeat it to which would suggest it's a break in the code, that's why it needs fixing. Now it doesn't really harm anyone other than a minor annoyance or a break in the RP side but it could lead to further issues.
    It may be amusing to some, it was moderately amusing for 30 seconds on risa but ultimately it shouldn't be there. It also raises the question of what other things are being abused and what other glitches are going unreported.

Yeah - it was deliberately following players around and colliding with them yesterday, and dispersed a small group of players who were dancing together.

Aside from the amusement that the troll itself gets from doing this, I fail to see the humor in it to be honest.

If it was knocking about the usual bikini ERP squad on Risa, I see that as an important public service rather than a nuisance. Good on him for dispersing STO's undesirables.

He didn't just target ERP'ers. He bounced everyone off, including near the platform where you beam down. There's no way he could've specifically targeted ERP'ers anyway, as most ERP'ers don't wear a sign above their heads indicating that they're ERP'ers...

Or is everyone who's wearing swim clothes while standing near another player (or anyone who's standing still at all) an ERP'er now? Cause when I was on Risa the past few days *, I also saw it happening when there was no roleplaying going on at all, not in zone chat or local chat at least. Even if people were (E) role playing, they must have been doing so through private channels or /tells.

It's slightly annoying. I hope it gets fixed soon.

* And I spent a good few hours on at least two different days there.
    Also, the fact that it's a bug doesn't mean that this player cannot prevent this from happening.

I don't know what you have to do to trigger this, but surely there are some specific steps that need be followed for this to happen or it would be happening at random to all of us.

This, combined with the fact that this player returned several times and with different ships indicates that he's doing it on purpose. He could reasonably know that he shouldn't be abusing bugs and that this is in fact a bug.

Gamebreaking it's not but still, any other game this abuse of glitches is a bannable thing

So yeah, I'm with this guy. The fact that it's a bug doesn't make the player who decides to abuse it innocent. I wouldn't be surprised if he were banned.
    risian4 wrote: »

Just out of curiosity, what is there to do for a few hours per day on Risa outside of the summer event?
    edited April 2016
    equinox976 wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »

Just out of curiosity, what is there to do for a few hours per day on Risa outside of the summer event?

Very good question. I went there because I'm still waiting for new adventure zones to be added. Since they're not here yet, I decided to explore Risa again.

While I was there, I was partly AFK and doing other stuff on my computer, switching between the game and other programs. That, surfing and waiting for ground queues to start is what kept me on Risa.

I usually go to SB39, Fleet holdings or my own bridge when I want to find some peace and quiet and remain active in the game without actually doing much, this time I chose Risa.

Edit: I should also note, that I did change toons a few times to play my new Caitian engineer in IGA and KAGA. So while a few hours passed between my arrival and eventual departure, I did visit other maps in between.

I hope you enjoyed this little description of my recent in-game activities.
    There was a 2+ hour argument yesterday about RP drama that turned into IRL drama. That's the kind of cool stuff you can expect to see on Risa.

I didn't read what risian4 posted because why would I, but imagine he left that part out.

I didn't see any argument. But I don't think I saw you there either, so we must have been there at different times.
    At least the ERP'ers aren't using glitches for their entertainment......but Im sure its terribly bothersome them all standing around doing um, nothing much.
    It amazes me how theres one fleet that regularly crops up when it comes to goons trying to ruin everyone elses experience.
    edited April 2016
    No, the fleet in question is just a haven for self loving idiots who think themselves special and above everyone else. All of my experiences with the fleet has been negative everytime, trolling, abusive behaviour, general douchbaggery. Ive had STFs ruined by these fleet members on more than a handful of occasions just to name one instance.
    Doing a handleful of 'public events' doesnt entitle you or the fleet you belong to decide who should and shouldnt be playing the game and sure as hell doesnt give you the right to ruin other peoples experience.
    If you'd actually read my earlier comments, youd notice that it didnt ruin anything for me, however I could see how it would, but hey, you go ahead and not read comments and feel entitled to add your input, might as well keep up traditions eh.
    Its also weird how whenever a mention of trolling, glitches and cheating is mentioned, a dental is always there to 'defend' the actions. Just an observation, not accusation.
    giphy.gif
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    What's the deal with Starfleet Dental? I don't get why people rage on them soo much? You'd think they were a griefing guild like you get in FFXIV (they actually ruin gameplay and halt progress for many people) but everything I hear about them is harmless pranks if it's even that....
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Two pages and no one has asked the obvious question yet:
    Can you hop on and ride these things as they pass through?
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    edited April 2016
    semalda226 wrote: »
    What's the deal with Starfleet Dental? I don't get why people rage on them soo much? You'd think they were a griefing guild like you get in FFXIV (they actually ruin gameplay and halt progress for many people) but everything I hear about them is harmless pranks if it's even that....
    Well those who have had their erotic role play interrupted (which I personally find far more uncomfortable and bothersome than random ship models floating about) tend to get quite upset and vocal about it.

Now what people say via pm's is none of my business, but it's most difficult to build a sand castle during the summer events when you have dozens of 'erpers' doing 'pressups' and other 'simulated' actions on each other in bikini's across the beach.

Luckily I only have to visit Risa for the summer events, but they are just as bad (or worse) on Drozana station all year round.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I still find that harmless (-.-')
    Try playing with real griefers and trolls that actually damage your in game progress. I'll give an example. Try running a 24-man dungeon and having 12-13 members being from a Griefing Guild who stand around talking about politics or just spouting random babbling instead of helping and most times (90%) they have the majority if the lobby so you can't Vote Abandon which leaves you with Rage Quitting that's slaps you with a 1 hour penalty. And if you happen to make the Abandon vote they just Queue up again so you get stuck with em again. Try dealing with that especially when it's a guild of 200+ members that actively troll the server in many other ways. Makes Dental looks as harmless as a newborn kitten eh?
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

This discussion has been closed.