test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

summer resort weirdness

seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
So tonight I saw something weird, someone looking like an Odyssey starship running about on the beach of the summer resort Risa. Im pretty sure thats not a normal thing. [Modded]
Post edited by jodarkrider on

Comments

• rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Cool story.

And as always..... pics or didn't happen.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    [Reaction to moderated part of the post modded]

Post edited by jodarkrider on
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It's a glitch that has been happening since the day the game went live...
    (and even in BETA Testing)

Don't blame ANYBODY but the Game Code!

SMH
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    It's a glitch that happens...

SMH

I blame the rather known person and cancer fleet who is controlling the ship...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Funnily enough it used to happen at release, along with a multitude of other fun bugs like the infinitely growing tribbles that would blot out the sun.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
    edited April 2016
    If this thread lasts past the afternoon, it'll be another one of those lovely popcorn moments.
    :#
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    If this thread lasts past the afternoon, it'll be another one of those lovely popcorn moments.
    :#

I'll bring the beer.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    This also happened on Drozana station not too long ago. The bug is making a funny resurgence.
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Once I can get screenshots to upload, I shall.

Truly in the years Ive been playing, I've seen some bugs but never this one.
    [img][/img]20160404184411_1%20-%20Copy.jpg

[img][/img]20160404184317_1%20-%20Copy.jpg

[img][/img]20160404184900_1.jpg

Hopefully they work
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Once I can get screenshots to upload, I shall.

Truly in the years Ive been playing, I've seen some bugs but never this one.

It's actually a very early bug, and it was extremely dominant even after launch.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    Gamebreaking it's not but still, any other game this abuse of glitches is a bannable thing
    edited April 2016
    You assume that it was done on purpose...
    I've had it happen to me on one of my toons in the past and I've never even been a member of that particular Fleet.
    Why always assume the worst?

Never mind... that was a silly question.
    B)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    You assume that it was done on purpose...
    I've had it happen to me on one of my toons in the past and I've never even been a member of that particular Fleet.
    Why always assume the worst?

Never mind... that was a silly question.
    B)

Like this is the first time someone ever illegally modded their appearance intentionally? :p
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Cool story.

And as always..... pics or didn't happen.
    It definitely happened and has been happening in other places too. Definitely my favorite bug.

fKrX496.jpg
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I've heard of it, but never seen it, so thanks for the screenshots. I find it hilarious that a ship is wearing Frosted Boots.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    Looks like fun :)
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Somewhat off topic but it would be cool (to me at least) if they could make the ship smaller and have it as a display for your ships interior. Like if you're flying a Defiant class ship for example, in your ready room as a small, slow revolving miniature model of the same ship.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    It's a glitch that happens...

SMH

I blame the rather known person and cancer fleet who is controlling the ship...

Its better than using a glitch to kill players. Ships in ESD and Risa is actually FUNNY, unlike harrassment and murdering of lowbies.

And no I have nothing to do with you know who. just pointing out who I did NOT see murdering NPCs and PLAYERS and who I DID see with the ships.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I still think the better bug is where your ship is replaced with your character, running though space at a crazy speed.....now that looks crazy. :D
    SulMatuul.png
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Saw the same thing today, Herald Vonph this time, same player.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I still think the better bug is where your ship is replaced with your character, running though space at a crazy speed.....now that looks crazy. :D
    It's most likely the same bug.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    nabreeki wrote: »
    (if this is, in fact, a bug).

I'm pretty sure its a bug. It is NOT WAI.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    I saw this bug happen on old ESD some years ago, I posted the screenshots in an old thread about such things.
    It was deeply amusing watching some dude as a ship flying around the old ESD loop with hundreds of players trying to jump on top of him.
    As I recall he was not too happy with it as he had to wait for support to get him out.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Team is looking into it.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Team is looking into it.

Why? :P

Anyway, I want to see someone do that with a Vonph, or other stupidly large ship :)