test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bring Back Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities Reward Items

kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
Cryptic, I've been playing Star Trek Online since it went F2P in January 2012 and recently, after a long absence, I've made my way back to the game. But, some newer players have been asking me about the Ophidian Cane and the Shard of Possibilities and how to get them. It's been a long time since it was last offered (according to the official wiki entry) so isn't it about time that Cryptic brought back that item back and allow newer players who didn't get a chance to get one so that they have the ability to grab one of these for themselves?

I'm making this plea on behalf of all of the players who haven't been able to get one because it hasn't been offered for a long time yet. I think the last time it was offered was back between December 5, 2012 and January 14, 2013. It has always been made available for a limited time when it was offered. I think it's time to make this item available to the new players. These items were offered for a limited time during "Night of the Comet" episode and the "Boldly They Ride" episode.
possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
Post edited by kemcha on

Comments

• unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    The Ophidian cane was nice to give to a boff to use, nothing more epic than seeing a Boff use it on the cyber T-rex in the Voth ground zone, LOL
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Whoops, I got it mistaken with the Ophidian Cane. lols My bad. I changed the name of the topic. :)
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure that they already said that it's coming back at some point.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User

Yeah, just like No Win Scenario or Terradome. "We're only taking them down temporary to improve them! We promise!".

And even then: its been YEARS since we last saw these items. Half my characters don't have it, since they are Delta Recruits. Its about time they either did a Feature Episode replay, or just add the items as permanent rewards.
    And, Q forbids, if they decide to make these items "unique shineys for veteran players" (a concept I absolutely don't agree with), at least put them in a reclamation store. But don't do that, just make them available for everybody again.
  • divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User

I don't see why they aren't available all the time, it's not like you can claim them more than once per char. Also we have other "special items" available from episodes that are 1 per char and available 100% of the time.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    kemcha wrote: »
    Cryptic, I've been playing Star Trek Online since it went F2P in January 2012 and recently, after a long absence, I've made my way back to the game. But, some newer players have been asking me about the Ophidian Cane and the Shard of Possibilities and how to get them. It's been a long time since it was last offered (according to the official wiki entry) so isn't it about time that Cryptic brought back that item back and allow newer players who didn't get a chance to get one so that they have the ability to grab one of these for themselves?

I'm making this plea on behalf of all of the players who haven't been able to get one because it hasn't been offered for a long time yet. I think the last time it was offered was back between December 5, 2012 and January 14, 2013. It has always been made available for a limited time when it was offered. I think it's time to make this item available to the new players. These items were offered for a limited time during "Night of the Comet" episode and the "Boldly They Ride" episode.

Wow has it been that long...way to go Cryptic to keep players happy. It was said those FEs would come back and forth periodically. I guess they meant every 3 years or so if servers still work.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    It's been a while. Not sure why they haven't done a feature rerun. They used to do then pretty consistently.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Nope. Becauthe excluthivity.

• thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    I hope its coming soon... i need those things.. wish they would just add them to the mission and let them stay there.
    There are many of these exclusive events that Cryptic needs to make available once again, such as the Delta Recruit event. Make these past events available from time to time so that other players who didn't participate or who are new can participate in them. But, regarding the Shard of Possibilities and the Ophidian Cane, they were last made available in in January 2013. That's been more than three years now. I think it's time for Cryptic to start bringing back these events, albeit for a limited time.
  • farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Nope. Becauthe excluthivity.

The excluthivity maketh the itemth better! I like feeling thpethial!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Yea op those items are really missed here too. I love using the cane in HGE to raise the assimilated Gorn, hold him in place and watch him land on my engineer’s chronotron mine barrier and transphasic bomb.

Lol, yesterday I tried to pull this show with my Delta Recruit (forgetting in the heat of battle that he does not have this item) and made a fool out of myself in front of my friends. :#
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Tell me about it. I use the Shard of Possibilities more often. It's just sad that it's never been offered since 2013. Even the Delta Recruit event, that should be another event that should be reoffered since there is a permanent NPC where you can claim rewards. Make those items available to newer players and those of us who didn't participate in the event when ti was first fofered.
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    All of my characters that ever got these are gone now (They were originals from when I wasn't a lifer and so were missing a bunch of amenities like respec tokens or boff slots, that unlock by leveling... so I decided to start fresh. :) ) As such I have agreed adamantly everytime this topic has popped up that these items should return in some form. Personally I'm thinking the two biggest reasons it has been so long is Cryptic is wary of also handing out a bunch of lobi, and there have been so many back to back events lately. As such, I agree with divvydave. The easiest solution would probably be to just skip the event and add them as permanent reward options for those episodes. Simmilar to how, after the Kobali uniform disappeared, everyone was happy when the Iconian uniform was kept as a permanant option.
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    zarato4218 wrote: »
    All of my characters that ever got these are gone now (They were originals from when I wasn't a lifer and so were missing a bunch of amenities like respec tokens or boff slots, that unlock by leveling... so I decided to start fresh. :) ) As such I have agreed adamantly everytime this topic has popped up that these items should return in some form. Personally I'm thinking the two biggest reasons it has been so long is Cryptic is wary of also handing out a bunch of lobi, and there have been so many back to back events lately. As such, I agree with divvydave. The easiest solution would probably be to just skip the event and add them as permanent reward options for those episodes. Simmilar to how, after the Kobali uniform disappeared, everyone was happy when the Iconian uniform was kept as a permanant option.

Your old characters would have gotten the extras like boff slots and respec tokens when you upgraded your account. Mine did.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    themartian wrote: »
    zarato4218 wrote: »

Your old characters would have gotten the extras like boff slots and respec tokens when you upgraded your account. Mine did.

Ah, nuts... I didn't realize that. :( Still, whats done is long done and my newer characters turned out pretty well. (Luckily I wasn't into buying lobi/lockbox stuff back then so the only thing I really now miss, aside from the above items, is the Cochrane Shotgun. Oh well, live and learn. o:)

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    A FE rerun event would be really nice. Certainly a fun change of pace from the "run queued TRIBBLE on at least 14 different days to claim an exclusivity [Doodad]!" We've been seeing too much of that TRIBBLE.

Personally, I'd like to see them just add those items (as well as the Breen and Reman boffs) in as permanent rewards for completing those missions. TRIBBLE "exclusivity" -- and I say this as someone who already has all those things on my primary characters. They're all fun items, but not really very powerful. Let everyone have a chance to enjoy them.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    Shard of Possibilities would compliment Temporal characters very well especially ones who use the console set from the Wells, Mobius, and Paradox. Past and Future self on the ground as well as in space :)
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As I have said every time this topic comes up, if they are loath to give out Lobi during an FE Rerun Event, then a daily reward for the Account like a Spec Point or Tech Upgrade or something but enough already.

Absent that, since all those items are Unique, and including the Kobali Uniform, just add them back to the Missions as a selectable reward. Give up FE Reruns, since they can't seem to implement something they have run four or five times in the game already.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    The original FE's were a single mission in a story arc, complete the arc while the FE was active and you got the bonus item. Problem is that Cryptic have since done a lot of single mission FE's, some of which had rewards only available while the mission was an FE, two T5 ships from Temporal Ambassador and let's not forget the Obilisk.

So if Cryptic do an FE rerun and don't include those missions in the rerun, then they know full well that there are going to be a heck of a lot of complaints.​​
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    They're probably keeping these items in their back pocket as an ace to draw when they have a good idea about those old FEs. I suppose right now they see no reason to highlight older FEs when they're generating a whole bunch of new content they want us to play and lots of recently made FEs that they'd probably prefer to promote. Maybe they're wondering if they'd go back and remaster the old FEs one day so want to keep the items as a special reward for when that happens.

If such a plan is a long way off though, I do hope they'll do a one-off "classic" FE rerun sometime this year as part of the 50th.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    That it, they will bring everything back for 14 days for the 50th,
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    BRING BACK OPHIDIAN CANE AND SHARD OF POSSIBILITIES REWARD ITEMS

Your request would only be possible with the shard of possibilities. Which unfortunately you do not have.

Please acquire the shard of possibilities in order to render your request possible.

Until that time such a request is an impossibility. We are sorry, but our hands are tied.

(Yes, this is the circular logic you will find in almost every governmental department :D)
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    stolts wrote: »
    Shard of Possibilities would compliment Temporal characters very well especially ones who use the console set from the Wells, Mobius, and Paradox. Past and Future self on the ground as well as in space :)

On my Aenar Sci Admiral, I see them more like his telepathic projections.. :p
    I really do think that Cryptic needs to stop ignoring the past events and start re-introducing them.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    On my Aenar Sci Admiral, I see them more like his telepathic projections.. :p
    For me they're just dancing clones.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    They need to put them in reclaim store. The antiproton torpiedo and the shotgun are there allready shouldent b to hard