test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Visual Slots

Comments

• Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Hope no one actually flies that ship equipped like it was...
  • Options
    cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    This is just meh at best to me. Will some of the sets that you never see used get an update to make them a viable alternative? Doing this just feels lazy or like the devs just don't see the need for IDIC in ship builds.

Cirran
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    Awesome stuff ....
    Only thing missing seems to be that some consoles also give visuals .... hope this is gets added too

And i know an awefull lot of ppl would also love a fixxed color-visual option for weapons .. (always shoot phaser color on oddy, even when using disruptor/tetryon beams) ... (or just the friggin TOS phaser banks color which is AWESOME)
  • Options
    nyzam45nyzam45 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I hope this reaches a developer(s) ear, but I want to say thank you so much for this feature! I've been wanting this for so long! :)
  • Options
    chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    coldjaguar wrote: »
    I just have to add look at the blog pic for this and as usual they showcase a totally wrong ship build that can confuse players. lol Beams and turrets together the consoles are just a jumbled hot mess of nonsense. Things like that do not help newer players learn how to build a ship. No wonder so many players in the ques have no clue how to play. This game really needs a way to teach players how the basics work for ship builds other than word of mouth from vets.

You joking right? The thread is about ship visual and you post about the setup of the ship in the picture showing the new visual system. Wow, and you think people will start by this picture to learn how to use equipment and console. Amazing.

On a side note, something like that will be cool to use but i think there are more things that need to be fixed or balanced. You already adding the new skill systems, should wait before adding something trivial like this.

Nope not a joke. You might be surprised at how many players have no clue what to do with builds. The only references they have are what comes on the ship when claimed and visuals on posts of dev ships like in that pic. Players that know how learned from vets,fleet mates.found builds online or just trial and error. The avg players in the game don't do those things so have no clue because the game doesnt teach them. Which is why so many players only do 1-5k DPS in the ques and have things like rainbow boats. A tutorial on ship builds would be nice because it definitely doesnt help when every dev post with a pic over the years shows a garbage build that makes no sense.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    Thank you Cryptic!
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Heeeey, right on!
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    phrg wrote: »
    Really happy this is being included.

Now, if only I could unify weapon colours...

:D

A thousand times this. Please include an energy weapon/torpedo aesthetic slot so all our weapons can look like phasers or disrupters or whatever we like no matter which weapons we have equipped. Especially for things like when we equip the new quantum phased phaser set and end up with one blue phaser with the rest all orange *grr*
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    I believe this is the first time I have actually truly praised the devs from the standpoints of all of the factions, and not just Rom Rep. Good for you, devs. You go, devs.
  • Options
    lilithene666lilithene666 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I can't wait to try this out, I have always wanted something like this. <3
    31zGn5b.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

A thousand times this. Please include an energy weapon/torpedo aesthetic slot so all our weapons can look like phasers or disrupters or whatever we like no matter which weapons we have equipped. Especially for things like when we equip the new quantum phased phaser set and end up with one blue phaser with the rest all orange *grr*

Or the episode rewards blue Polaron and yellow Tetryon :(

Let my beams shine together as one!

• Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    BEST SEASON EVER!!!!
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    One thing I can see Cryptic experimenting with are Visual Packs as an event reward or C-Store item... I.e. appearance change items for these slots.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    I don't advertise what the ship has... why should I start now?
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    As long as you aren't putting in these commonly asked for features behind a paywall like the underwhelming 'ship loadout' and 'drydock' slots, I think this is a good idea and I'm glad Cryptic has finally gotten around to adding this.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    @truewarper
    Now you can engage in false advertising... :p
  • Options
    chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User

I would like to see this but in a limited form. The few odd colored weapons from sets would be fine with things like the green bio phaser being able to go basic phaser orange and etc. However they should never allow any color choice for a visual across all weapons. It would effect pvp in a major way as players wouldnt be able to tell what energy type or special proc type they need to defend against.

On the other hand this ship set visual change is great and something wanted for years by players. Its effects are more than just space barbie visuals because in pvp we have to turn visuals off so others cant tell what set we use. Now we can use any set we want and have the ship look like something else.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I've noticed the new hull materials (from equipping some shields) overwrite our paint job selections -- the 'centaurus', 'leo', 'virgo', etc. choices in the ship customization screen.

Any hope we can get the hull materials applied "under" rather than "over" the markings?
  • Options
    iconians wrote: »
    As long as you aren't putting in these commonly asked for features behind a paywall like the underwhelming 'ship loadout' and 'drydock' slots, I think this is a good idea and I'm glad Cryptic has finally gotten around to adding this.

People get both loadouts and drydock slots free. There is only a "paywall" for extra slots. So your snark is a little misplaced.
  • Options

I would like to see this but in a limited form. The few odd colored weapons from sets would be fine with things like the green bio phaser being able to go basic phaser orange and etc. However they should never allow any color choice for a visual across all weapons. It would effect pvp in a major way as players wouldnt be able to tell what energy type or special proc type they need to defend against.

On the other hand this ship set visual change is great and something wanted for years by players. Its effects are more than just space barbie visuals because in pvp we have to turn visuals off so others cant tell what set we use. Now we can use any set we want and have the ship look like something else.

For the 3 remaining PVP players, what if the slots / setting was ignored in PVP maps?

• Options
    whisperorwhisperor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    RPAQT4K23YBHK3LL6FG5ALBIETYV75IF.jpeg
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    Well, to be honest I really wanted this, thankyou very much devs
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Thank you Cryptic! Keep the good ideas coming! Kudos!

This opens the door to the possibility of universal transmogrification. Love Space Barbies and RP!

Also, add my vote to add beam colour unification sometime in the future.

Jolan'tru and cheers... RRF Captain Cybyl
    Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Thank you I love this. I hope you guys can expand on it and do the weapons as well as the overall look of the ships. I would love to be able to use the layout ( ship slots and boff slots) of one ship but have the look of another. As long as I owns own both ships of course.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    Yes!
    ​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bluesunshot#7246 bluesunshot Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    coldjaguar wrote: »
    I just have to add look at the blog pic for this and as usual they showcase a totally wrong ship build that can confuse players. lol Beams and turrets together the consoles are just a jumbled hot mess of nonsense. Things like that do not help newer players learn how to build a ship. No wonder so many players in the ques have no clue how to play. This game really needs a way to teach players how the basics work for ship builds other than word of mouth from vets.

You joking right? The thread is about ship visual and you post about the setup of the ship in the picture showing the new visual system. Wow, and you think people will start by this picture to learn how to use equipment and console. Amazing.

On a side note, something like that will be cool to use but i think there are more things that need to be fixed or balanced. You already adding the new skill systems, should wait before adding something trivial like this.

Nope not a joke. You might be surprised at how many players have no clue what to do with builds. The only references they have are what comes on the ship when claimed and visuals on posts of dev ships like in that pic. Players that know how learned from vets,fleet mates.found builds online or just trial and error. The avg players in the game don't do those things so have no clue because the game doesnt teach them. Which is why so many players only do 1-5k DPS in the ques and have things like rainbow boats. A tutorial on ship builds would be nice because it definitely doesnt help when every dev post with a pic over the years shows a garbage build that makes no sense.

True about this website not teaching for the game, but the problem start when you get new ship with new rank and the setup is always mixed of beams, cannons, torpedo.

And just to point out something, i do have ship that go around 12K dps and i do have a rainbow boat that does 7K dps. Why because i just want to have some fun or just play the game with lot of colors and sound. Can i have a ship that does better DPS, yes, will i go crazy over someone DPS over a computer game no. I might not be hardcore gamer but something farming or grinding with fun is better then boring.

• Options
    hyloxhylox Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    i love this idea... but i would love to see weapons added to this. i am currently using phasers because of the quad cannons and my tempest tail gun and phaser cannons look stupid... i would love to change their skin to Vaadwaur cannons which look awesome, but keep my phaser weapons. i can see great potential with this and maybe offer some skins in the z-store like perhaps a vaadwaur quad cannon skin for lets say 300 - 500 zen? making skins would be another good way of making some more money for your game. STO has come a long way since i started playing, I am happy that the Devs of STO care about their clients and wish to make them happy [which is rare in this day and age]. STO is the best MMO that i ever played, and i've played a lot including Aion, Tera, Rift, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy XIV, and Star Wars The Old Republic [just to name a few of the newer ones] don't get me wrong there are some on that list i enjoy playing like Aion and FF14, but the best is still STO in my book.

Devs, do not stop caring about your players and you will go no man has gone before!
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Neat feature I'd definitely use (both for visuals and possibly as a place to park unneeded rep sets, although the blog isn't quite clear on how this would or wouldn't work for active but unselected ships.) And yes, some way to customize weapon visuals would be a nice next step.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    So gonna agree with the people saying we need an Energy Weapon Visuals Slot and a Torpedo Visuals Slot.
    Would be a great addition to this.

I remember back when this game came out, we did have the option to use a command to change the colors of our weapons, which got removed since it wasn't intended back then. But maybe its time to move forward and give us the option to select which colors we shoot with again.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"