test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Visual Slots

Comments

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I think the whole season 11.5 is just a big waste of time. Who needs new skill revamp? who asked for it? Who needs these visuals? who asked for it?...and just one measly FE? come on. What happened to a new faction or a complete series of FEs, adventure or battle zones. I know they are a "design" team and not a "content" team. Still resources would have been better served to route to other areas in deadly need of upgrades...anyone seen Defera's glitches? or PvP (red head stepchild and past life support) or at least explorations or more content would have been nice.mouse-33.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    This is kinda cool, but what is with that crackhead ship configuration??
  • cadorette101cadorette101 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Qapla'!
    Tain.png

• garretson77garretson77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yaaas. Thank you.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    This is an awesome, though unexpected, announcement!
    Not to sound ungrateful, because I'm not, but any chance of you expanding on this for ground EV suits? The faction specific suits are my favourite visual wise but they don't have very good stats compared to the Nukara set pieces and I've long hoped for the chance to use one type of suit with the visuals of another.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Well, that makes at least two additions in 11.5 that were requested for a while and will be welcome (Romulan admiralty campaign and these visual slots).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Will changing a visual cost a ton of dil like it does in Neverwinter?
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    Finally!
    Woohoo!

Everyone knows space barbie is the ultimate end game. Looking forward to it!
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    That doesn't seem likely, but ya never know.
    It is a TAB on your Character's Window, so my guess would be there's no charge.
    (except what it costs to get the particular items in question)
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Yeeharr!
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Weapons could use such a feature. It's nice we have it, although I personally disable visuals anyway pig-2.gif​​

Same here. I never use shield, deflector, impulse or console visuals on any of my ships. I prefer vanilla visuals. But people have been asking for it for a long time so I'm happy for them.
  • banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    FINALLY!

I have been waiting for this for SOOOOOOOOOOOO long! Thank you for making it happen :D
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Very nice!
    I'm a bit confused though. Do we put actual items in there, or can we just select visuals from the items we have (on other ships, bank etc)?
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx0gVkT2sbU
    jcsww wrote: »
    Wouldn't a simpler and more efficient way of implementing this, be through ship visual unlocks by obtaining space sets? Then just add a tab to the ship tailor to mix and match and apply what the player likes, instead of riding up useful pieces of of equipment for visuals only.

That is true, but one step at a time.
    storules wrote: »
    I think the whole season 11.5 is just a big waste of time. Who needs new skill revamp? who asked for it? Who needs these visuals? who asked for it?​​

The answer to these questions is MANY MANY PEOPLE over the course of the last few years.
    This is an awesome, though unexpected, announcement!
    Not to sound ungrateful, because I'm not, but any chance of you expanding on this for ground EV suits? The faction specific suits are my favourite visual wise but they don't have very good stats compared to the Nukara set pieces and I've long hoped for the chance to use one type of suit with the visuals of another.
    ​​

It's a good point, we already have that with armor. If we could add the EV suits to the armor visual unlocks that would be really nice. The only issue is they'd have to resolve the fact that EV suits override whatever uniform visual you have by necessity since it is actually a functional visual. Perhaps setting your default EV suit.

My dream on ground is to have costume tabs for my crew, so that when my Captain changes his uniform, say uniform -> armor, my away team also shifts from their uniform to armor so we always match.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    NICE!!!!
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    h3vTUeZ.jpg
    SulMatuul.png
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Neat!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    YEEEEEEEES!
    Now gotta replay Coliseum like 10 times.
    ankylon wrote: »
    So looking at a ship no longer give any information about their gears? Not sure if I like that but personally I still welcome this function.

Neither did it when the visuals were disabled which made this arguement pointless the moment it was brought into existence.

Buy Frosted Boots. They help. A bit. :/
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Awsome.
  • tomoyosakagami1tomoyosakagami1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    You mean..

Ships now have Transmogrification? o.o
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    While we're at it, can we please have the option to select our weapon colors re-enabled?

Personally, I'd prefer all "TOS Blue" phaser and "movie red star" Torpedos from my ship, not this blue/green/white/purple/yellow monstrosity that seems to be the result of my polaron build using two sets (Advanced Thoron, Chronometric Polaron, Gravimetric Torp fore, Chronometric Polaron Omni, Crafted Omni, Neutronic Torp aft)...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I approve of this on general principles. One thing I would suggest is adding cosmetic-only versions of various appearance-modifying rep items to the appropriate stores. Such items would only fit in the visual slots, and be much cheaper to make than their functional counterparts.

This also means new possibilities for purchasable cosmetic packs. For example, a 'Spook' cosmetic item which fits in the shield-visual slot and confers the hull coloration usually seen on intel ships. Given that there are three families of intel ships, there would be three such items; note, however, that these cosmetics would not be faction-exclusive...
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    So close, but... how could you have gotten this so wrong? What about the persistently irritating visuals of the Borg Assimilated Console (which are shown in the news article's screenshot!)? Those will continue to erratically appear despite user-override!
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Seems cool
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    VAVOOM! AWWWW YEEEEAAAAHHHHH! Q'APLA! The Nukara look with the Klingon Honor Guard feel! This is a great addition. If the wallpaper is starting to get changed...think about putting some crew in the ship's mess and some that enter and exit the bridge on occasion. How about an injured/sick crewman or two on the bio-beds in sickbay? Can you say, "cooking with propane?"
    Post edited by goodscotch on
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Wouldn't a simpler and more efficient way of implementing this, be through ship visual unlocks by obtaining space sets? Then just add a tab to the ship tailor to mix and match and apply what the player likes, instead of riding up useful pieces of of equipment for visuals only.

Except that this way you can change your appearance on the fly, including with loadouts, as they mentioned.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    THANKS!!

Now please make my STO life complete by offering a "unify beam visuals" command so I can stop tasting the rainbow when using a mix like quantum phaser + regular phaser, tetryon + antichroniton tetryon, and so on.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Dig it! Ignore the complainers! This is cool!

:D
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Awesome idea :smile: Here's something to take it a bit further with weapons:

Let's assume I am assembling a set of antiproton guns for say... a cruiser, and most of that AP is just the regular type from the R&D system or just drops.

Now:
    I encounter a Herald AP gun that has better overall performance, but turns my AP build into a "semi-rainbow".
    Any chance for special weapons to get a "disable visuals" option in the future, so they use the fx of their base type?

Or, the fx of weapons could be modified by extending this "visual slot" option to them as well.
    Wouldn't give people free reign though, I'd still restrict the fx modification to the weapon's base type.

For example one could override a radiant quantum torpedo's visuals only with a regular quantum.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Nice! Thank You!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16