test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Season 11.5 Coming April 12th!

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    Finally! T6 Connie! My wallet is ready to be opened as soon as the ship hits the C-Store.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QfSzgV1q5g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnKXiQzgbm0
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Let's not jump to conclusions now.

It may be we're getting William Shatner reprising his role as captain Kirk and not a T6 connie. Or maybe just Sulu, who is way cooler.

If we ever do get a T6 connie, I'm not expecting it until the 50th anniversary, since that would be a very important event in the game as well as a huge milestone in the franchise.
  • holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Just a different take on the factual information about the Constitution class.

1) Whoever listed the list of Constitution Class ships did not list out the complete conditions of the ships.
    a) Constellation - Destroyed stopping a machine capable of destroying entire star systems
    b) Intrepid - Destroyed by a life sucking space amoeba capable of destroying life in entire star systems
    c) Excalibur - Loss of crew and damaged due to the M5 incident, but not destroyed
    d) Exeter - Loss of crew due to Omega IV virus, but not destroyed
    e) Hood, Potemkin, and Lexington - Damaged during the M5 incident, but still operational
    f) Enterprise - Upgraded and destroyed in battle over planet Genesis
    g) Unknown Constitution - Destroyed in the Battle of Wolf 359 (Studio Model from TSFS)

At the end of the day, only two standard Constitution class vessels and two refits were destroyed. You could argue that the (g) Constitution was from another ship class that had a Connie Saucer/Engineering section, which brings it down to only three lost, but we can keep it at four. One of those was purposely destroyed to stop a planet destroying monster, one was destroyed by a massive life sucking space amoeba, one was purposely destroyed to prevent capture by the Klingons, and the last destroyed by a Borg cube that took out more up-to-date Federation ships. There is no denying that life aboard ship was difficult; however, the first three Connie's did not die like Red Shirts, but boldly going forward.

• hondix84hondix84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    kelettes wrote: »
    The Constitution class had its own chapter in history :smile: Now, much like the Miranda, it is used to patrol core systems or to take academy graduates on training cruises.

The Exeter class was a good example for a 2410 refit :smile: But it's function remains the same. If Starfleet ever gets pushed into relying heavily on these outdated ships in 2410, then it's already a lost fight. Let's face it. You can't pack a lot of things into that tiny space frame and you can't expect much from it.

Tiny Frame? Much bigger then many of the modern ships like Defiant or Rhode Island...
    And like they said in the Shows, an Admiral can choose which ship he takes. So why cant an Admiral not choose to upgrade himself a Connie or Miranda or even an NX....

Just my Opinion in hoping we get tier 1 Ships as tier 5 and especially the Constitution (5000zen... i would even pay 10000 for this)

:):):)

• ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    Sweet, on my Birthday!
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    *Yawn!*. A dream, this was?
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    so more grind coming on the 12th ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    The Temporal Front feels like a Babylon 5 Episode or something because that's what the Wormhole looks like.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    OMG! We've encountered the Thirdspace aliens!
    babylon108.jpg

Bring it on! If you thought the ships defending B5 were tough, ya ain't seen a Federation ship in action! And they have shields!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    ravin wrote: »
    Sweet, on my Birthday!

Me too! Birthday Buddies! Hooray! XD
    1xe027q.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    rattler2 wrote: »
    babylon108.jpg

Bring it on! If you thought the ships defending B5 were tough, ya ain't seen a Federation ship in action! And they have shields!

psh, bet my Warbirds kill more than your feddie bears :P
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    For the 50th in order to get your T6 Constitution you will have to grind The Breach 50 times. :p
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
    sooner have a T6 sovi than a connie
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    OK people, It is an improved Connie red nacelles not orange, red and green flashing lights brighter, but is it anything more then a new scene or is it a T6? I hope it is a T6 not another false hope!!! With a Romulan battle cloak and can load dual cannons, plus maybe red matter device, with a 5fore and 3aft weapons slots and all universal bridge officer slots so we can choose to make it science, tactical, or engineering starship with 4 slots for consoles each!!! Maybe 3 commander slots instead? Still not to Cannon looks, sensor domes top and bottom on saucer not lite up!!! Plus side note, like to have mirror universe skin {spikes on nacelles/Terran Empire logo option, along with mix and match parts from Exter, Connie A, Excalibur classes.
    Post edited by captainknight88 on
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Red Alert, Captains! We’re pleased to announce Season 11.5 our mid-season update will launch on April 12, 2016.

Check out our latest blog for more information!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

So...is it too much to ask for Respecs to be free for all until then?
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Interesting. And my thought on those Mirandas getting beaten, I always imagined their shields were weakened already from the big battle.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    So a bit less than a month after the release of a new FE we're going to see something with a fair bit of story significance.

Could it be a second new featured episode? The hope here is that we get to add a second Enterprise to the list of ships we've hijacked. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    So a bit less than a month after the release of a new FE we're going to see something with a fair bit of story significance.

Could it be a second new featured episode? The hope here is that we get to add a second Enterprise to the list of ships we've hijacked. :P

Like... how? We snatch the burning ship from Genesis' atmosphere, repair it and tow it to some... temporal museum? :smile:

What if it's another story revamp? I mean the Spectres mission series (from episode "Spectres" all the way to "Night of the Comet") with the Devidians and our S31/Drake-sanctioned excursions into the TOS era.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    hauriant wrote: »
    Maybe they'll make a compromise with the T5/6 Connie crowd and give an infinite use Consitition-class holodisguise. After all, we need to not pollute the past by showing up with obvious futuristic designs.

Also, just became we meet a ship with all those violations doesn't mean we meet the Captain. Shatner sounds out of STO's price range, from what I've heard. Best guess, Kirk will be leading an away team, and it's Sulu, Uhura, or Chekov left in charge. Or we meet the ship really early and encounter Captain Pike, possibly voiced by Bruce Greenwood. He might be more affordable. (But if we meet Sulu, maybe we can later meet him on the Excelsior.)

As far as the Na'khul star goes, they should have explained why we couldn't fix it. But to be fair, the Lukari star's damage was less severe than the Na'khul star's damage. And the Lukari star was damaged by something other than the Tox Uthat. I'll assume the the Na'khul star was just too far gone to be repaired. They just should have said so. There's always using time travel to alter the outcome, but then since that was history's required outcome, Walker would have just stopped us.
    I think they should have explained it, but I think there are a lot of signs that the Na'khul star was no longer saveable.
    - The Tholians used a different device on the Lukari homestar than the Na'khul homestar
    - The Lukari star was still glowing, just in a later stage in its life cycle then it should have been. The Na'khul star had stopped glowing all together.
    - No one in the episode mentions that the star was potentially saveable.

What I don't get is why the Na'khul are not waging an all-out (Temporal) War against the Tholians. It doesn't matter that some future Federation scientist developed the weapon that destroyed them - the Tholians choose to steal it, and use it against the Na'khul. The Tholians deserve all the hatred that is directed against the Federation.

But maybe the Na'khul are also fighting the Tholians... We just have not seen it yet.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited March 2016
    is it not about time the fed's etc got a decent looking warship ? , all these wars and no decent warships that look like they are from the correct time period
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    what happens on 5.5.16 ?! tell me tell me tell me

As a matter of fact, I have a dental appointment on that date to get fillings. Last week I had a molar removed and another molar removed a week before. :s

I'm very sorry for that. :#
    Just a different take on the factual information about the Constitution class.

1) Whoever listed the list of Constitution Class ships did not list out the complete conditions of the ships.
    a) Constellation - Destroyed stopping a machine capable of destroying entire star systems
    b) Intrepid - Destroyed by a life sucking space amoeba capable of destroying life in entire star systems
    c) Excalibur - Loss of crew and damaged due to the M5 incident, but not destroyed
    d) Exeter - Loss of crew due to Omega IV virus, but not destroyed
    e) Hood, Potemkin, and Lexington - Damaged during the M5 incident, but still operational
    f) Enterprise - Upgraded and destroyed in battle over planet Genesis
    g) Unknown Constitution - Destroyed in the Battle of Wolf 359 (Studio Model from TSFS)

At the end of the day, only two standard Constitution class vessels and two refits were destroyed. You could argue that the (g) Constitution was from another ship class that had a Connie Saucer/Engineering section, which brings it down to only three lost, but we can keep it at four. One of those was purposely destroyed to stop a planet destroying monster, one was destroyed by a massive life sucking space amoeba, one was purposely destroyed to prevent capture by the Klingons, and the last destroyed by a Borg cube that took out more up-to-date Federation ships. There is no denying that life aboard ship was difficult; however, the first three Connie's did not die like Red Shirts, but boldly going forward.

This is wholly irrelevant. The two ship classes were in the same Starfleet out on the frontier facing the same kinds of threats. Destroyed in this case is still destroyed. The Constitution was not the only type of starship in its day out there running into weird TRIBBLE$ sh*t.

And I only listed the ones that were destroyed or missing, not the ones that were repaired or presumably retired.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User

What I don't get is why the Na'khul are not waging an all-out (Temporal) War against the Tholians. It doesn't matter that some future Federation scientist developed the weapon that destroyed them - the Tholians choose to steal it, and use it against the Na'khul. The Tholians deserve all the hatred that is directed against the Federation.

But maybe the Na'khul are also fighting the Tholians... We just have not seen it yet.

Exactly. That was the thing that always bothered me about this episode... I can believe that some kind of "Federation was behind this all along" conspiracy theory would gain eventual popularity among the Na'kuhl, but that they got to that right away... It's almost as if Tholians and Na'kuhl were actually in cahoots to guilt-trip the Fed/KDF/RR into something, not a reaction of someone who was actually attacked, only that one actually doesn't add up either.
  • mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Does the appearance of TOS' Enterprise mean the return of William Shatner as James T. Kirk?
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    nebfab wrote: »

Exactly. That was the thing that always bothered me about this episode... I can believe that some kind of "Federation was behind this all along" conspiracy theory would gain eventual popularity among the Na'kuhl, but that they got to that right away... It's almost as if Tholians and Na'kuhl were actually in cahoots to guilt-trip the Fed/KDF/RR into something, not a reaction of someone who was actually attacked, only that one actually doesn't add up either.

My theory is that the Tholians actually preemptively struck against the Na'khul for something they were going to do against the Tholians in the future.

Or perhaps more specifically, the Tholians were enforcing the Temporal Accords with extreme prejudice, and with the resources of their planet the Na'khul in the original timeline went on to become some destructive temporal superpower.

As for why they hate us more than the Tholians it may be a quirk of Na'khul culture and morality. For all we know in their society, if someone murders someone with a gun, then the person who manufactured or sold the gun is held responsible.

Then again we destroyed the Tholians who actually fired the damn thing, so maybe they consider that resolved.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • bluesunshot#7246 bluesunshot Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    coldjaguar wrote: »
    I would welcome doing exploration like they used to in Star Trek, TNG.

What? You want a game where we sit at a conference table and extoll/discuss Federation virtues VSv some ridiculous plot aspect for 40 minutes; and in the last two minutes come to a pat resolution? - Boring. ;)

Wow, i was speaking in general, what you want? only space combat? we are playing wars after wars with a tiny little of supposed r&r. It seem that all the bad guys spoke at a round table to discuss who would start a fight and who would follow as soon as the other is finished?

when they promess exploration, we still get a war. The Star Trek univers in the online format is in a box, they should start thinking outside the box. To be honest, that would hurt to do some sitting and some more brain challenging then do sit and fire all weapons to kill everything. PVE queue does that.
  • captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    To all TOS fans voice your wants they are reading what we write for info and ideas, just looking at the last live stream told us that they are, but everything takes time. Plus, let them know about mistakes or errors in game that need to be fixed when they do any and all updates. I have found a number of stories with errors, even with or because of upgrades or retelling of stories to update them to match current stories. One big change needed is the Romulan republic and Romulan Star Empire still not a true third faction. What about factions for Delta and Gamma Quadants being built? How about just do beaming up and down to Star bases being we never ever really dock anywhere in game anyway? Stop the asking to dock everytime TRIBBLE and double load up screens needed. Note that on the Klingon home world there is 3 or 4 choices to beam up or over. Why can we not fly through the whole solar system and go into a standard orbit cut away scene of a key planet or planets, like Earth/space dock and Mars colony and Jupiter Station/shipyard that is more true to the shows?
    Post edited by captainknight88 on
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    babylon108.jpg

psh, bet my Warbirds kill more than your feddie bears :P

Idk my feddy bear flys an annorax that kills ships while they still have full shields lol

My rom is in a deep depression because he us stuck with tovan khev

My klink has been locked in her room , some say she s being punished so its to the bathtub with her...with soap lol
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    The whole idea of making 150 year old ships up to class with new ships of the line is really ridiculous. No navy would even consider doing it to 50 year old ships. It's just not possible or practical.

I know players want it, but really are there any just lying around to upgrade? And if not, why the heck would they make a new ship of the line out of a old design?