test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Season 11.5 Coming April 12th!

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    leemwatson wrote: »
    No T6 Connie, keep dreaming folks, nothing to see here. It's been hinted at in the blogs that there would be a meeting with a ship that had 'no less than 17 temporal violations'. Hardly a ship release, since we already have THAT ship!

Well, if nothing else They have upgraded its look.

It'll be like getting a new ship (T-1), but for FREE!!!!

pantone-minion-color.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    am i the only one who is just "meh" at the whole new temporal war thing and sick of war after war after war and want to do some sort of exploring that involves you the character actually going there and doing something?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    if there is a t6 connie then i expect to see a t6 miranda, nothing short of that. you cant have one without the other, both of them are from the same era even if the miranda is younger than the connie by a few decades, and the miranda is basically a connie saucer with nacelles and a mission pod attached to it. for that matter the excel is t5 and t5u, the centaur is the same, a excel saucer with nacelles and an engineering and torpedo pod attached to the underneath. i cant see any reason what so ever not to see these ships get an update nor for that matter be added as carrier pets as well.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    To hell with the 12th of April, the 5th of May looks potentially WAY more interesting...
    swtor has c12 coming out days before this, with early access. so i wont go crazy days before hand before the new episode on trek is released. wonder if cryptic has finally taken notice to change the new skill tree around a little, or as usual ignored it for their own means. it was on tribble for a reason.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I suppose this foreshadows the new Na'Kuhl lock box, then... :o
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    sisteric wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    Players must now travel through time and space to prevent the Na’Kuhl from destroying the present.

Didn't we just travel through time and space to prevent the Iconians from destroying us in the present?

Yep. What's one more trip?
    Maybe we can gain the rep that Kirk has with the Time Police?

I don't WANT that rep. I feel terrible for those guys in DTI.
    Red Alert, Captains! We’re pleased to announce Season 11.5 our mid-season update will launch on April 12, 2016! The latest update begins with a brand-new featured episode titled “Temporal Front,

...where players must prevent Na'Kuhl patriots from saving their homeworld and preventing the near-genocide of their people, because a holier-than-thou self-proclaimed authority decided it works out better for them if billions of innocent Na'Kuhl die! Players will assist this organization in denying responsibility for the genocide of the Na'kuhl and justifying not only their inaction but their active prevention of the Na'kuhl from saving themselves, because REASONS dammit! All while proclaiming their own moral superiority and labeling the Na'kuhl as terrorists and criminals for daring to not roll over and meekly die for the benefit of the benevolent, superior humans! But it's all ok, because one of them wore a N@zi uniform once!

NOTE: Anti-nausea medication and anti-hypocrisy blinders recommended for best enjoyment.​​

Don't forget to recycle your soap box when you're done. :)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I thought we were going to get the Zedenia out of the Romulan campaign.

And the Connie's not an updated model, according to Reddit, so probably not a T6.

But the biggest violators of temporal regulations in history get to team up with the second-best.

Discuss whether the former or the latter is Kirk's crew or our characters. :D
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • bluesunshot#7246 bluesunshot Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    grtiggy wrote: »
    am i the only one who is just "meh" at the whole new temporal war thing and sick of war after war after war and want to do some sort of exploring that involves you the character actually going there and doing something?

No you are not, but hey the only thing in the story so far always come from the last season. I would welcome doing exploration like they used to in Star Trek, TNG. When i mean new is something really new, not something planted the seed in the season or past episode. Time travel in Star Trek universe is over rated and over and over used.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User

Heh, true. Don't we already have enough violations to make Kirk look like an amateur?
    Not according to Walker. Kirk is more of a pain than us. So far....
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    but Kirks violations were his own doing. OUR violations are because Temporal Division told us to do it. So they don't count as "violations" really
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    So..will the First Contact/Republic/Day of Hono(u)r mission be giving us a guided tour of the NCC-1701? :smiley:

Now that is an idea!!!

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Don't want to be ungrateful but IMO not "much" to be brought up in this 0.5. I'd call it perhaps a 0.25 instead.

I was expecting for a new series of FE rather than just "one". An adventure or new battlezone map like Voth would have been nice or even the introduction to more playable species (not a faction since that is a biggie).
    One measly FE, a revamp of something that was "never" broken and a "space" spec tree seem to me just very petty as compared to what was offered in years past. Disappointing and not sure how this would bring new players to STO. Resources could have been better spent than just trivial projects.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    aliguana wrote: »
    but Kirks violations were his own doing. OUR violations are because Temporal Division told us to do it. So they don't count as "violations" really

Or when Drake and S31 drag us into something we can't back out of ^^
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Comes out on my birthday... dunno if I should be excited or horrified. :p
    1xe027q.png
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    So..will the First Contact/Republic/Day of Hono(u)r mission be giving us a guided tour of the NCC-1701? :smiley:

Now that is an idea!!!

I think this is an idea really worth considering! (Or maybe if not now, by the 50th?)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    coldjaguar wrote: »
    I would welcome doing exploration like they used to in Star Trek, TNG.

What? You want a game where we sit at a conference table and extoll/discuss Federation virtues VSv some ridiculous plot aspect for 40 minutes; and in the last two minutes come to a pat resolution? - Boring. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    So we get one new ep every 2 months now?
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    nxnovacat wrote: »
    This is a short but sweet trailer. Do I see a hint of a Babylon 5 reference in that temporal portal?

Looks great :)

I got that too. Specifically the TV Movie Thirdspace with the design of that gate.
    Looking forward to this.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Remember Cryptic, Our fleet will buy all the T6 Connies you can make... (Please be an end-game ship, please be an end-game ship)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Those wishing for a T6 Connie will most likely be bitterly disappointed!

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

sunfrancks wrote: »
    Those wishing for a T6 Connie will most likely be bitterly disappointed!

but what happens if it comes though? xD
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    if there is a t6 connie then i expect to see a t6 miranda, nothing short of that. you cant have one without the other, both of them are from the same era even if the miranda is younger than the connie by a few decades, and the miranda is basically a connie saucer with nacelles and a mission pod attached to it. for that matter the excel is t5 and t5u, the centaur is the same, a excel saucer with nacelles and an engineering and torpedo pod attached to the underneath. i cant see any reason what so ever not to see these ships get an update nor for that matter be added as carrier pets as well.

Constitution=hero ship.... Mirandas are just fodder. :p
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
    coldjaguar wrote: »
    I would welcome doing exploration like they used to in Star Trek, TNG.

What? You want a game where we sit at a conference table and extoll/discuss Federation virtues VSv some ridiculous plot aspect for 40 minutes; and in the last two minutes come to a pat resolution? - Boring. ;)

Some people find that killing waves after waves of random bad guys can be boring too....
    original join date 2010

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Heh, true. Don't we already have enough violations to make Kirk look like an amateur?

Our list is actually pretty short, though not without some pretty high repercussions. Every character travels back in time twice during the Devidian arc, once in Midnight. once in Stormbound and once in Time and Tide, and causes 2 temporal rewrites from the present in Butterfly. Starfleet characters have an additional trip backward in Past Imperfect. In the Devidian episodes and Past Imperfect, we are trying to clean up contamination by somebody else mucking about with time. In Midnight and Stormbound we are, though we may be unaware of it when we make the trip, playing our own part in making the timeline right (according to what happened in canon or in the game storyline) by our presence or actions. Time and Tide's trip was apparently directly authorized by our respective governments. That pretty much leaves the temporal meddling with the timeship in Butterfly, the first of which was also authorized, and the second of which apparently had to happen to turn the Tuterians into the Sphere Builders, which was one of the more significant antecedent events that led to the Temporal Accords in the first place. Even counting them all as violations of the rules, except for the one in Time and Tide, which was authorized through proper channels in both our own time and the destination time, that's 6 violations for everyone, and 7 for Starfleet officers.

Honorable mention goes to Temporal Ambassador, where we instead travel to an alternate present and then alter the timeline back to our current one by sending the 1701-C back to its place in history.

This is in episodes, of course, there are some temporal shenanigans in the older Borg STFs, too.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    darakoss wrote: »

HERETIC! miranda class hero ships ftw.
    darakoss wrote: »

HERETIC! miranda class hero ships ftw.

Well ok then...oooh a T6 Miranda with a Prefix Code Console. That would be awesome.
    original join date 2010

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    @mirrorchaos
    Found your new avatar! :p
    latest?cb=20110725213950
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)