test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Expertise - something seems not right ...

preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
hello everone,

Affected BO Abilities
- Tractor Beam > > > > > > Hold - works
- Tractor Beam Repulsor > > Repel / Pull ( Duty Officer ) - works, but *weaker* as on Holodeck with 396 Graviton Generator
- Jam Sensor > > > > > > > Confuse - works, confusion breaks after 69.000 damage
- Scramble Sensors > > > > Confuse - Debuff gets applied, but no confusion effect they don´t turn on each other [Effect Duration 54 sec]
- Photonic Shockwave > > > Repel + Disable > Repel works ; Debuff gets applied but the disable effect [10.6 sec] does not always work
- Gravity Well > > > > > > > "minus Repel" aka Pull, works, but much *weaker* as on Holodeck 396 Graviton Generator

>> Range on Holodeck with 400 Graviton Generator = 10 km <<
>> Range on Tribble with 713 Control Expertise = 10 km << seems like the Range has been capped

When i compare the pulling effect itself, i am talking about what i see on Holodeck they get Pulled much faster, then on tribble
on Holodeck Enemy are not able to escape the Gravity Well, at least not for long and they get pulled back

Resistance

with 610 nothing is going to push, knock or pull you in any direction
even in the undine combat Zone , or the Badlands nothing is pushing you around

BUT "Tractor Beams" still affecting you and slow down pretty hard
My Control - Expertise - Setup

Skill Tree- 100 [ContrX]

Deflector - 70 [ContrX] - [Assimilated Deflector Array Mk XIV [HullReg] [Sh/HullCap]]
Sec. Defl. - 45 [ContrX] - [Inhibiting Secondary Deflector Mk XIV [CtrlX]x3 [EPG/ShdHeal] [SA +Dmg]]
Engine----40 [ContrX] - [Delta Alliance Hyper-Efficient Engines Mk XIV [Full] [SecSpd-2]]

Consoles - ENG:
- 37.5 [ContrX] - [Console - Engineering - Conductive RCS Accelerator Mk XIV [CtrlX]]

Consoles - SCI:
- 37.5 [ContrX] - [Console - Science - Exotic Particle Field Exciter Mk XIV [CtrlX]]
- 150 [ContrX] - 4x - [Console - Science - Exotic Particle Focuser Mk XIV [CtrlX] [EPG]] - Fleet Research Lab

Consoles - Uni
- 28,6 [ContrX] - [Console - Universal - Assimilated Module Mk XIV]
- 28,1 [ContrX] - [Console - Tachyokinetic Converter Mk XIV]
- 28,1 [ContrX] - [Console - Bioneural Infusion Circuits Mk XIV]
- 28.1 [ContrX] - [Console - Threat Analysis Matrix Mk XIV]

Ability
- 20.0 [ContrX] - Emergency Power to Auxiliary
-100.0[ContrX] - Quantum Singularity Manipulation for 8 sec

Total Amount = = > 613 to 713 Control Expertise

Thank your for your Attention,

it would be nice if you could confirm some of my Data
i am happy to answer any questions

"see something, say something"

R&D - Manual - Scramble Sensors III - available on Holodeck - is no longer unlock"able" on Tribble
( according to Star Trek wiki - Scramble Sensors III - Ability is only obtainable from Training Manuals that a Captain can craft.)

i found old Stats
[Quantum Phase Combat Impulse Engines Mk XIV [SecSpd-2] [Spd]]
While Full Impulse is active and for 15 seconds after Full Impulse is deaktivated
+30 Starship Flow Capacitors
+30 Starship Particle Generators
+30 Starship Electro-Plasma System
Post edited by preiko on

Comments

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    You forgot the Dyson 2-piece... +26 drain and control.
  • preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    samt1996 wrote: »
    You forgot the Dyson 2-piece... +26 drain and control.
    Awesome !!!
    Thank you very very much !!!
    Adding additional 23.6 Control Expertise, cool
    Edit:
    [Dyson Regenerative Shield Array Mk XIV [Cap] [Cp/Rg]]
    [Dyson Field Stabilizing Warp Core Mk XIV [AMP] [W->S]]

"2 Set Bonus: Shielded Critical Systems"
    +23.6 Control Expertise
    +23.6 Drain Expertise
    Control Expertise - Total Amount = = > 637 to 737
    Post edited by preiko on
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    Remember for TB the pull is constant and the damage is affected by aux and for TBR the pull/push is affected by aux and the damage is constant. Do you have the same Aux power in holodeck and tribble?
    edited March 2016
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Remember for TB the pull is constant and the damage is affected by aux and for TBR the pull/push is affected by aux and the damage is constant. Do you have the same Aux power in holodeck and tribble?
    Right !
    I forgot to mention that,
    on Tribble and Holodeck I am using "Sub System Overload III"
    to gain 170 Auxillery Power right before i activate the Ability i like to test
    edited March 2016
    Maybe i did not stressed that enough
    Scramble Sensors does NOT work properly on Tribble

Extended Scramble Sensors Tooltip

System: Sensor Probes

Scramble Sensors fire a probe at the target that burts ino a particle field,
    confusing the affectet Enemies into targeting each other.
    After overcoming the confuse effect, your target will become immune to further confuse effects for several seconds.
    The duration of the effect is increased based on current auxillery power level and skill.

+ Target Foe (10 max)
    + 10 kilometer Range
    + 1 minute recharge
    + 3 Kilometer Sphere
    + AoE Confuse for 75 seconds ( 637 Control Expertise and 170 Auxillery Power)

The Probe get launche, travels to target > > WORKS
    The 3 Kilometer Sphere > > > > > > > > > WORKS
    The Foes in that Sphere get affected > > > > WORKS
    Scr.Sen. Debuff gets applied to all foes > > > WORKS

affectet Enemies targeting each other > > > > kinda works, when the Player get out of weapons Range

On Holodeck all enemy ships finish their firing cycle (on the Player) and then target each other until the debuff ends
    On Tribble they don´t stop to fire on the Player, unless you leave the wepons range or get cloacked
  • spookykinsspookykins Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I've also noticed a reduction to gravity well's effectiveness on tribble, with the same gear and equivalent investment into control expertise that I have on holodeck . I don't know if this is a change to gravity well itself or just that enemies now have control resistance, but the result is the same... enemies get yanked toward it, then fly off as if nothing happened for a bit before GW3 starts to slow them down, but it never really sucks them in with the same effect. The tooltips list the repel effect of GW3 as almost the same on holodeck and tribble (-0.28 holodeck, -0.29 tribble) but the effect in reality is very different.

I'm also seeing a big reduction to the damage over time cloud effect of the Particle Emission Plasma torpedo... 1085 (holodeck) vs 849.6 (tribble). I am using four embassy plasma consoles and a high partgens/exotic particle generator build. I don't know if the exotic plasma damage bonus on the embassy consoles is no longer applying properly to the PEP torpedo's exotic plasma damage cloud, or if this is an intentional change or what (though it seems weird since the PEP was not greatly popular or overperforming before.)

Overall it seems like science/control/exotic damage related stuff is still more broken than anything else at the moment, though it's a lot better than it was a week or two ago. I didn't post much in the way of useful numbers here because I still don't know what's intentional change and what's unexpected behavior that needs to be fixed, but I'd be happy to post what information I can if I'm told that these things should actually be behaving the same way they are on holodeck.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Overall it seems like science/control/exotic damage related stuff is still more broken than anything else at the moment, though it's a lot better than it was a week or two ago. I didn't post much in the way of useful numbers here because I still don't know what's intentional change and what's unexpected behavior that needs to be fixed, but I'd be happy to post what information I can if I'm told that these things should actually be behaving the same way they are on holodeck.
    The default assumption is that everything should work the same (provided you have made similar investments as before). There will be exceptions, but the skill revamp is, as Borticus said, not an attempt to make a lot of changes to balances. (Some things just will have to change due to new skills, skills being rolled together or eliminated all together, and math being standardized so the effects of a skills are more predictable.)

Specifically for gravity well the only active change I know is that they limited the maximum radius to 12km (it used to be higher). But to my understanding, this should not affect how enemies behave close to the center of the gravity well.

I think it's generally safest to just state what numbers you get and what you're seeing (and why you might think it's off).

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited March 2016
    I think it's generally safest to just state what numbers you get and what you're seeing (and why you might think it's off).
    the numbers (we can see) are the identical
    but the effect IS not was it should be.

On Holodeck i am able to create a Gravity Well (with 400 Grav Gens) , the enemy ships gathered in one spot
    then i get my Torp Spread III going, and i get (most of the time) get the Graviton Torpedo effect at least once,
    sometimes 2 to 3 , ALL ships getting torn back and forth between all this Gravimetic sources it Looks spectactualar
    and it does a lot of damage

On tribble, that does only exist, when the Grav Well - Duty Officer got a proc
    --> 2 Grav Wells and 3 Gravimetric Torpedo effecs take place at the same time

everytime that happens on Holodeck, the ship inside starts moving and circle each other so close , like a carousel,

Holodeck - Tractor Beam Repulsor - get to an enemy to 0.5km activate it and the enemy ship gets accelerated like a cannonball, and gets pushed far far away.

Tribble - you push them slowly Forward you even can catch up and bounce them a couple of times

They Manage correct the mechanic for the Effect Range
    but not the Push, Pull strenght , at least so far

Take a character on Holodeck and give them not a single Point in Grav Gens
    observe the pull, and push effects - that is what you get on Tribble even with max. Control Expertise

no trick, no exaggeration, just Facts
    i wish i could upload Videos ... or even record them ... not spreaking of editing ....
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    So I just did some testing- as of the latest patch, Gravity Well's -repel is no longer affected by either Auxiliary power levels OR Control Expertise.

IIRC @borticuscryptic said three or four patches ago that it was bugged, and unaffected by Control Expertise, but I'm pretty sure a fix was supposed to have been checked in for that.
  • deathray38deathray38 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    viral torpedo - no duration bonus
    deathray38 wrote: »

This is on holo too. Basically, the duration is DECREASED by resistances, but isn't increased by relevant bonuses. This makes the trait useless against both NPCs and players.
    illcadia wrote: »
    deathray38 wrote: »

This is on holo too. Basically, the duration is DECREASED by resistances, but isn't increased by relevant bonuses. This makes the trait useless against both NPCs and players.

After skills revamp it will be even more useless, since high control resistance will be much easier to achieve
    So I just did some testing- as of the latest patch, Gravity Well's -repel is no longer affected by either Auxiliary power levels OR Control Expertise.

IIRC @borticuscryptic said three or four patches ago that it was bugged, and unaffected by Control Expertise, but I'm pretty sure a fix was supposed to have been checked in for that.

thank you, very very much for this informations
    As of the latest patch, gravity well is still orphaned and not affected by any skills.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    As of the latest patch, gravity well is still orphaned and not affected by any skills.

At least Bort still has 2 1/2 weeks to fix it.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer

I cannot confirm this. I am seeing both repel magnitude changes and radius changes when changing my control expertise skill, and damage changes when changing my exotic particle generator skill and auxiliary power. Could you walk me through what you are seeing that tells you there are outstanding issues with Gravity Well's scaling, so that we can get that fixed?

I cannot confirm this. I am seeing both repel magnitude changes and radius changes when changing my control expertise skill, and damage changes when changing my exotic particle generator skill and auxiliary power. Could you walk me through what you are seeing that tells you there are outstanding issues with Gravity Well's scaling, so that we can get that fixed?

It seems to be working now. Before, looking at gravity well 3, the repel was always at -0.23. If I had 0 control Expertise, it was at -0.23. If I had 800 control expertise, it was at -0.23.

Not sure what was going on when I last posted, but I can confirm that the values do change now.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

It seems to be working now. Before, looking at gravity well 3, the repel was always at -0.23. If I had 0 control Expertise, it was at -0.23. If I had 800 control expertise, it was at -0.23.

Not sure what was going on when I last posted, but I can confirm that the values do change now.

Just to be certain - both of you are just looking at tooltip values? I figure CrypticSpartan might also be able to look at internal data that can tell him whether the Gravity Wells he creates have he values they should have.

Tooltip errors could also occur when you're on the wrong type of map, as we know. (And until a while ago I didn't realize that Sector Space also belonged to the maps where you can't trust the space ability values.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    viral torpedo not changed after patch - still utterly inefficient against anything with control resistance (basically nearly everything worth disabling).
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    The amount of periodic pull that Gravity Well does is pretty tightly controlled - Skills have never had a huge impact on that value, as too much enhancement very easily causes "slingshot" behavior, which actually diminishes the effectiveness of GW overall. I'll try to find time to take another look at it, and make sure that it's at least behaving the same (or very close-to) on Tribble as it does on Holodeck right now. But nobody should expect huge swings in the -Repel values... the primary benefit of ControlX (and GravGen on Holodeck) is increasing the anomaly's radius.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    @borticuscryptic
    Are there any plans on fixing viral torps?
  • silverserasilversera Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Hey borticus is there any chance you could clarify the tootip for the lockbox trait "psychological warfare"? because "it makes your control abilities 20% better" is a little abstract in term of what it actually do. I know it increase my grav well repel strenght because the tooltip change, but what about the radius? and what about confuse and placate abilities? what about tractor beam? you guys spend a great deal of time make some nicely detailed tootip for the skill tree, would be nice if someone could clean up the trait as well.