test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 208: "Verily, Home Sweet Home"

midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 208: "Verily, Home Sweet Home" has warped on to Holosuite Media, you can download and stream it from:
Tribbles208.png

The Tribbles in Ecstasy crew are joined by Star Trek actor Armin Shimerman and Stargate SG1 actor Tony Amedola to discuss the Antaeus Theatre Company‘s Kickstarter for a new home.

After the interview the crew discuss all the news of the week from Star Trek Online, Star Trek Timelines, Star Trek news, the latest from the Star Trek Unofficial Productions and more.

The topics discussed this week are:
  • Antaeus Theatre Company,
  • Star Trek Online news and events,
  • Star Trek Timelines,
  • Star Trek TNG: The Worf Chronicles,
  • Star Trek Beyond,
  • Star Trek Continues,
  • Star Trek Anthology,
  • Star Trek Renegades,
  • Star Trek Axanar,
  • Conventions,
  • STO Foundry Spotlight,
  • and more!

Our community questions this week are:
Are you playing Star Trek Timelines? If so,
* What do you think of Star Trek Timelines?
* How far have you got?
* Do you have any questions for Devs of Star Trek Timelines in Episode 209?

Please reply to this post with any feedback you have about any topic we've covered or even about the show in general, we'd love to hear what our listeners have to say.

Please help friend of the show and fellow Star Trek Online player and podcaster Mav with donations to support his recovery with his current health situation here: http://www.gofundme.com/tomsrecovery.

LLAP \\//_

Comments

• alex1geralex1ger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Hello there, Tribbles.

Community question:

No, I haven't and I don't intend to.

If you're having audio issues, I would like to suggest putting the disclaimer about audio problems before the "faulty" segment.
    I mean, I noticed the fact that the audio cut out at times during the interview and asked myself whether you posted the wrong version by accident and then the disclaimer came after the fact. That was weird to me, but hey, maybe I'm just weird.

Kurland here!
    You know... this plays into quite a few other issues.

1.) People give Borticus and Zeronius a hard time for... well, Kurland, the epohh lady and the female dance instructor on Risa (I'm pretty sure both of them were voiced by Zero...).
    Like you implied, it's not so much an issue with the actor (or rather amateur in these cases), it's more of a writing/directing issue. If you don't have the training, then you really... really... really need proper instruction. Even professionals need proper instruction. Amateurs just need even more/better instruction.
    I mean, look at the Star Wars Prequels (I know, those don't exist...). There were some really talented actors in those movies delivering rather... forgettable performances. That's what happens when writing/directing are not quite up-to-par.

2.) I have to go on a bit of a detour here... did you hear about Carbine (the WildStar developer) firing... some 60 or so people?
    What does that have to do with anything? Well, WildStar is Carbine's IP. Compare that to STO or even Neverwinter. Both of those are established and rather big IPs. And how big are the Dev teams? Around 40-ish each? I don't know how many people are still working at BioWare Austin, but SWTOR is definitely a big IP. Warhammer was a somewhat big IP. What I'm trying to say is, both STO and Neverwinter are being developed by the equivalent of a garage start-up. Things like Kurland and the epohh lady (or my issues with the way Cryptic/PW treats voice actors...) just solidify that impression.
    I'm willing to forgive a lot of stuff because of the dev team's rather low headcount, but the fact that apparently nobody can be bothered to look for flaws within the narrative of the episode/the RP blogs? Someone gets paid to come up with this. I could overlook a lot of stuff in bad fanfic (if I did actually read any fanfic at all), but as soon as someone gets paid to come up with this, I will judge the story. Harshly.

3.) I might have to cut this here... Next time, I want to compare a few of STO's stories to... a few other of STO's stories. Just to see what was good and what had potential...
    And I want to talk about character development (or rather the lack thereof) and voice actors. So much to talk about, so little time!