test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback from an outside perspective

rjx2000rjx2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hi.

Don;t think I've ever actually posted on STO forums, so first, some all important context.

I've played on and off since just before Romulus, never really integrated into the community, played with friends mainly, played a lot of PVE and some PVP. I've played a fair few MMO's in the past, cut my teeth on WoW back in Burning Crusade and whereas I was never hardcore into pvp, I often enjoyed random pvp Que's. When I first picked up STO I was confused, Que's seemed empty, so I asked the guy who got me on STO, is PVP dead? he shook his head sadly and regaled me the tale of broken Que's filled with glitchy double shield builds and enough C-Store consoles to make me wonder how much disposable income gamers really have these days. That was until the Que's ere simply rendered barren. Worried I would miss STO PVP entirely we entered Kerrat.

I had an unhealthy amount of fun.

Don;t get me wrong, I met double shield builds and C-store boats and got HORRIBLY stomped for daring to gaze upon their mighty E-peens, but for the most part defending against KDF raids or Raiding hapless Feds as KDF was a real laugh.

I've noticed lately almost every cryptic patch is claiming to fix PVP que's lowering the accessibility bar. ON the off chance this suggestion hasn't come up, here an idea.

Incentivize the public que's.

Not with Dilithium but with PVP specific reputation marks redeemable for PVP gear.

As for C-store consoles, easy, either ban them in public Que's or give them their own damn que depending on numbers.

Failing this institute a Gear score system with numerical values based on rarity/effects (This would take more work on cryptic's part)

Is banning C-store consoles in PVP unfair? possibly after all the players have paid for it with real money shouldn't they get to use their toys?
Indeed they should, and can but STO is now and has been for a while a free to play game, the have's and have not's scenario is partly what has caused a barren pvp que. By all means own the PVE que's where having C-Store gear is a boon to every player or go up against others who have that same gear in a C-Store permitted que, but where's the fun in hammering a ship that in some cases LITERALLY can;t fight back?

Comments

• Options
    borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    c-store consoles ? how so ? most of it isnt really that good, and the rest is ship-unique, i dont run any c-store stuff in my scryer and it does decently well, i think you got the wrong idea about that c-store console thing xD
  • Options
    dunkelhelldunkelhell Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Well Op did probably mean c-store, lobi and lockbox consoles, maybe even some of the traits, doffs and or boff powers. One or two of these items on their on are not pay2win but combine all the:

- doffs
    - boffs
    - traits(also t5 ship traits)
    - consoles
    - weapons
    - some of the lobi/lockboxs ships

are pay2win. Because the equivalent time to get all of this as a new player especially f2p player creates a huge and for many players an even unbearable time gate, which is effectively a pay wall. Without all of the stuff you are just not competitive in Ker'rat or a PvP Match. All of this just kills the fun as if getting into PvP isn't hard enough speaking in general, because of other players behavior, glitches ja-da ja-da..

• Options
    baldguywithacapebaldguywithacape Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Really I just wish they fixed the Que Reset, that would help a good amount.