test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrade Weekend Event

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
This weekend will be the perfect time to apply Tech Upgrades to your gear, as we’re doubling the amount of Technology Points earned from each one applied!

You can check out our Upgrade Weekend here.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Again? I've already upgraded all my stuff last week :p
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    More upgrades for the upgrade lord.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    More upgrades for the upgrade lord.

Upgrade lord... now that's a title I hadn't considered yet :) Can I have that as a Forum title please :p
    Is there any new types of gear associated with the skill revamp? It would seem par for the course to spend resources upgrading consoles and whatnot to have them be obsolete with the coming season thingy.

Nothing will be obsolete next season. Unless there's something coming that hasn't been announced yet of course :3
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Is there any new types of gear associated with the skill revamp? It would seem par for the course to spend resources upgrading consoles and whatnot to have them be obsolete with the coming season thingy.

The Crew consoles no one uses are getting new effects, other than those, everything is being translated pretty close to 1:1. Sensor Probes will only do Perception.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    How about the solanae deflector - still particles? I'll make epic if so..
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I just got a new Universal console that needs to go Epic. Good timing!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I have a new alt gearing up -- space gear is all Mark XII.

(dragon age) Upgrades? UPGRADES! (/dragon age)
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Used 75 Omega kits on the last upgrade weekend just a few weeks ago, it went well, I have the other 253 kits ready. Yes, I played the Omega mini game day and night, its time to get the payoff :smiley: Thank you Q...
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Hmm ... lvl 70 units in the new breach ... :)
    Thx for the upgrade event, i still have lots of stuff to upgrade.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    PartG is getting merged with SubD. So it will now give BOTH.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Glad to see the calendar didn't get changed last minute, this time.

Got some Mk II dmg/pen DBB's I've been holding in the bank for this weekend. :D
    1xe027q.png
  • Options

That's interesting. I have zero points in that now. I guess as long as the particles don't get reduced it's worth the risk of upgrading? It may not be a good time for upgrades unfortunately. I'm very wary.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

Hmm, I could have sworn SubD got merged into Control, hence Borticus' thread asking for feedback on SubD and Countermeasure to Control skill.

• Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    lucho80 wrote: »

Hmm, I could have sworn SubD got merged into Control, hence Borticus' thread asking for feedback on SubD and Countermeasure to Control skill.

IIRC CMS is getting merged into control, and SubD is getting merged into Drain.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I may make good use of this. It depends on how I feel when about in the next couple of days.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    @pwlaughingtrendy Any chance the Romulan Navy Personal Shield can get fixed so it actually has an "Upgrade type" listed. Right now, without universal upgrades, it can't be upgraded. :(
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    illcadia wrote: »
    lucho80 wrote: »
    IIRC CMS is getting merged into control, and SubD is getting merged into Drain.
    Oh right, it was that one, oops.

Anyways, though, the important thing is that you keep your stats.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    whisperorwhisperor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    445.gif
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Was looking forward to this to boost some shields, and to transition to some more appropriate weapon types for my science ships.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    cydonia#3712 cydonia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    i dont even know how to upgrade
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    i dont even know how to upgrade

The following video should provide you with a basic understanding of how to upgrade gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8-ldpJXcyk

• Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    It may not be a good time for upgrades unfortunately. I'm very wary.

I'm waiting to see which stuff is bugged & unacknowledged when the revamp comes out.
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    How often do they do upgrade weekends?
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    It may not be a good time for upgrades unfortunately. I'm very wary.

I'm waiting to see which stuff is bugged & unacknowledged when the revamp comes out.

There's already broken/bugged equipment... like the Romulan Navy Personal Shield:

2ainfhd.jpg

Missing an upgrade type... so only universal upgrades work on it right now.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    How often do they do upgrade weekends?

Think we look at a 4-6 week basis given the past 5 weekends.

Those weekends are a good deal for everybody. I noticed a lot of peeps going for them, casuals as well as hardcore.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    It was quite a weekend for me. Got many epics on the first try. A few took 15-20. The only thing that remains for me is the reputation stuff. At 255000 a go it's a no-go. Bring them down to match everything else and you can gobble up me dilithiums.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I think my characters should now all be in a good place after this event. Most gear at Mark XIV (prioritizing weapons). No ambition to go Epic. Tried a few new weapon types, like Agony Phasers and Vaadwaur Polarons. Advantage is that these are mostly account bound, so I have some wiggle room to switch between characters. (Especially since some characters already had Mark XIV weapons, but I didn't like them on that character or the ships the character uses. Or at all.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.