test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - MARCH 15, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.60.20160228a.8.

New Feature:

Strategist Secondary Specialization:
  • This new Secondary Specialization focuses on abilities that can shift between offensive and defensive effects at will.
  • The new Threatening Stance ability in the Skill Revamp plays a heavy part in this secondary specialization.
  • New abilities include:
    • Logistical Support:
      • Gain temporary Hull when healed while Threatening.
      • While not Threatening, gain a Critical Chance buff when healed.
    • Show of Force:
      • Gain increased incoming Healing while Threatening.
      • While not Threatening, gain a stacking energy weapon damage buff for each foe you hit with energy weapons.
    • Counter-Offensive:
      • Reflect 150% of incoming energy weapon damage back to your attacker.
        • This can trigger once every 15 seconds and reflect a maximum of 10,000 damage.
    • Layered Defense:
      • Gain immunity to damage from Torpedo impacts.
      • Can prevent damage once every 60 seconds.
    • Diversionary Tactics:
      • Taunts foes within firing range into attacking you while Threatening,
      • While not Threatening, this placates foes and reduces your threat generation.
        • This Placate may break on damage.
    • Attrition Warfare:
      • Reduces the Recharge Time of your Bridge Officers whenever you are healed while Threatening.
      • While not Threatening, Attrition Warfare increases your Hull and Shield Regeneration rates.
    • Maneuver Warfare:
      • Adds an additional effect to Diversionary Tactics.
        • When Threatening, it applies a Heal over Time based on the number o foes.
        • When not Threatening, it increases your damage based on the number of foes.
  • Only one Secondary Specialization can be active at a time.
  • This is still a work in progress.
  • For more details, please visit the Strategist Secondary Specialization blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9864563-star-trek-online:-strategist-specialization

General:
  • Resolved an issue which was booting players out of PvE queues after entering them.
  • Skill Revamp:
    • Resolved a typo in "Threatening Stance" and "Threatening Posture" that still indicated 2sec activations, instead of every 1 sec.
    • Bridge Officers now gain the correct Ground Skills from the new system as they level up.
    • Resolved an issue that was preventing Klingon players from receiving some of their Transwarp abilities.
    • EPS Manifold Efficiency (Eng Trait) now has the duration of 15 seconds.
    • Hooked up Romulan and Klingon icons.

Known Issues:
  • The Skill System Revamp is still a work in progress:
    • There may be lingering mentions of “Crew” on reward packs and other items.
  • The Strategist Secondary Skill is still a work in progress.
  • The Romulan Republic Admiralty Campaign is still a work in progress.
  • All Foundry functions have been shut off temporarily.

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    General:
    • Resolved an issue which was booting players out of PvE queues after entering them.

Oh, maybe we'll know here more feedback about the strengthening strengths and resisting resist changes, if some DPS people can get their favorite queues going again?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Oh, maybe we'll know here more feedback about the strengthening strengths and resisting resist changes, if some DPS people can get their favorite queues going again?

One can only hope!
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    lumpkin1lumpkin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Yay torpedo resists, now we just need a web trait fix so that it is resistable.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    EPS Manifold Efficiency (Eng Trait) now has the duration of 15 seconds.

Is it fixed now? does Batteries still affect the duration?​​
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    just run a ISA, one guy got 107k dps. AI was debuffed to past -200. Felt the same, like nothing changed.
    Dont think the "strengthening strengths and resisting resist changes" did anything.

Was hoping the new skill revamp did something about bfaw, plasma explosion builds.
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    hajmyis wrote: »
    just run a ISA, one guy got 107k dps. AI was debuffed to past -200. Felt the same, like nothing changed.
    Dont think the "strengthening strengths and resisting resist changes" did anything.

Was hoping the new skill revamp did something about bfaw, plasma explosion builds.

Why?

The only people that care about those builds or cry about them are the very few PVP'ers. There is nothing wrong with those builds. You will not find a single PVE'er that complains. Why nerf something that contributes to the success of the mission? Who cares if someone in your group can pull 100K? That's fine for me, with someone like that in the group, we can rest assured that Advanced or Elite STF will be completed :expressionless:

They are not going to balance the game around the 1% that participate in PVP. Like the old saying says: If you can not beat them, join them. And not all of those builds are pulling crazy numbers. And not everyone that enters a PVP match will be set up that way. Those builds only shine with large numbers of targets in the area of fire. And most of the people who are able to pull 100k, can not do so under normal circumstances. It takes the perfect conditions for that to happen. I'm happy hovering around ~50k and being able to maintain that.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    sigh, you just dont get it.

I can do Advanced and elite with out high dps build (expect for hive elite).

I am just tried of queing and having some 50k, 75k ,100k dps builds coming blowing up everything before I can fire anything. Like why should I even move in a mission if one guy can solo/carry the whole mission in 2mins. It is uneventful, boring, and lacks any sort of team work and team play.

It is comments like yours that ruin the game and fun for every one else.

edit: why are you talking about pvp? I never said pvp....DPS is not needed for dps. I can win against a bfaw dps build in pvp. This is a pve issue not pvp
  • Options
    snicketysnicksnicketysnick Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    tk79 wrote: »

Tested and Batteries skill does not affect either the duration or the magnitude of the buff. Personally, I think it should be either one of those, or specifically mention that it does not scale.
  • Options
    hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    It is uneventful, boring, and lacks any sort of team work and team play.

I realize this is the wrong thread to have this debate, but it is very important, especially if those in decision-making positions (game developers) are reading this.

High DPS/high speed runs require a very high level of team work and timing. You have to hit your Team-affecting buffs at the right times to not waste them; you have to get in the right position at the right time, or the quality of the run suffers; you have to throw the right debuffs on the right targets at the right time, being careful not to waste non-stacking or locked-out effects with other team members; the list goes on and on and on. It's amazing how much the performance suffers if even one person is out of position or messes up on something that requires split-second timing.

To properly execute a run like this is the pinnacle of team work and team play! It certainly does not "lack" these attributes, and it is also certainly not "uneventful" or "boring".
  • Options
    robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter

I presume you had some data that showed most people only had 3 points in batteries, if that, hence why 15 seconds was chosen. Why not round up to 16, since it was 15.4? :smiley:
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User

I presume you had some data that showed most people only had 3 points in batteries, if that, hence why 15 seconds was chosen. Why not round up to 16, since it was 15.4? :smiley:

Because that isn't how rounding in math works. If it were 15.5, then yes round up. As it's 15.4, then you round down.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Icons still look the same on the Skill Tree page for my KDF and Rom.
    They only change when I mouse over them.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter
    Because that isn't how rounding in math works. If it were 15.5, then yes round up. As it's 15.4, then you round down.

Yes, I'm aware how mathematical rounding works. My slightly in-jest comment is favoring a more generous length to the new skill, since some people did have more than 3 points in batteries and are losing time they can't get back.

• Options
    hawkrunner wrote: »
    It is uneventful, boring, and lacks any sort of team work and team play.

I realize this is the wrong thread to have this debate, but it is very important, especially if those in decision-making positions (game developers) are reading this.

High DPS/high speed runs require a very high level of team work and timing. You have to hit your Team-affecting buffs at the right times to not waste them; you have to get in the right position at the right time, or the quality of the run suffers; you have to throw the right debuffs on the right targets at the right time, being careful not to waste non-stacking or locked-out effects with other team members; the list goes on and on and on. It's amazing how much the performance suffers if even one person is out of position or messes up on something that requires split-second timing.

To properly execute a run like this is the pinnacle of team work and team play! It certainly does not "lack" these attributes, and it is also certainly not "uneventful" or "boring".

During this run, and like many times on holodeck, it is not about team work. On tribble testing new mechiancs mainly the "BUG: Strengthened Strengths / Resistible Resists (Fixed on Tribble: 3/3)"

We had one guy get an afk penalty, for his tray was not set up. Another guy who did not have traits set, for he did not know they reset, and then me and one other fleet mate plus the pug. So 4 people, 3 complete build and one in half builds (missing traits).

No where was there team play nor team work. Just a uber bfaw (50kdps) and Plasma Explosion (35k dps), spamming space bar. I personaly was unable to get anything meaning off, as once I pressed a skill the target would be dead from the spam. At the end of the match the pug says "personal best" 137k dps.

I dont see where the idea that in order to get this high dps means great coordination and team work. In fact it does not take any skill what so ever. Just sit and park and blast bfaw, and watch everything die. Lazy, boring, uneventful. Brings me back to my point, why should I do anything in que when a high dps builds pops in.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    The issue isn't that high DPS runs don't take skill because they of course do. The issue is that even without any skill at all BFAW crushes pretty much any content the game can offer. That is bad.

But we have quite completely derailed this thread.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Tested and Batteries skill does not affect either the duration or the magnitude of the buff. Personally, I think it should be either one of those, or specifically mention that it does not scale.

Yeah, from my feedback from elsewhere in order to make it easier for those looking for it...
    ...but apparently removed any scaling of duration with the Batteries Skill->Unlock. The improved base duration helps, but the removal of scaling sort of negates the impact of making the choice to invest in the Unlock and nerfs the duration overall for several of my own characters. I'm going to be completely honest and say that the duration of EPS Manifold Efficiency and the Red Matter Capacitor was the only reason that I invested in Batteries, and removal of improved duration removes any motivation I have to choose that Unlock in the same manner that it was mandatory in the previous build.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    captain25075captain25075 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Looks good
    rkburdette_11975.jpg
  • Options
    ficasoczficasocz Member Posts: 25 Arc User

Not anymore. I hope, they will fix that.
    Because it is another thing of skill rewamp which makes me upset.

My main ENG char will loose a lot with skill rewamp (either DPS or tanking ability... ...yes I can choose which one...)
    TAC chars are overpowered with theirs captain abilities.
    ENG char just have abilities which improves power levels... but with plamonic leech, supremacy etc, his abilities are quite useless/redundant. (And they are now even nerfed... briliant)

STO is not HOLY TRINITY based MMO (quoted by BorticusCryptic), then all char should be equal in DPS potential.
    Because all fail conditions are based on time elapse, not on survivability, so the only measurable factor is damage.

Or even tanking is quite difficult. FED ENG in Cruiser with aggro amplifiers badly outrun ROM TAC in scimitar in aggro.
    Because 50K DPS vs 100K DPS is still count...

Sorry for offtopic complain... (Depressed)
  • Options
    ficasoczficasocz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Counter-offensive III skill (strategist specialization) have typo in description.
    "...and reflect a mamimum of 20,000 damage..."
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User

I have a question on this. Does the batteries skill affect The Emergency Power Skills at all? If so how?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Currently, I think it slightly increases the duration on Holodeck..I'll have to have a look though.

UPDATE: That's a "no" for that one.
    MXeSfqV.jpg