test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iconian War Reconstruction Anthology?

So, I'm thinking since the Iconian War Anthology seemed to work so well for generating creativity and bringing ideas together, why don't we start a Reconstruction Anthology with New Dawn?
Granted, we don't know yet how the War will end, but perhaps with the inevitable foundry downtime at the start of Season 11, authors could start brainstorming ideas for missions surrounding the aftermath of the war. Possible conflicts in the alliance? New enemies taking advantage of the quadrant's weakened state? Helping survivors whose worlds didn't make it?
I think this could potentially be a very interesting set of stories to tell.

Comments

• paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    For all we know at this point, we may end up messing with the timeline in such a way that we don't even need reconstruction.​​
  • lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    Exactly, so we will have to wait to see what New Dawn has in store for us.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Space Doff grinding
    Herald Lockbox
    Mirror Invasion
    Tholian Invasion (Maybe)

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    Lol I meant as far as story goes. From the announcement it sounded as though reconstruction may be part of the upcoming stories. That was what I got from the trailer too. We'll just have to wait and see
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Cryptic still needs to blow some stuff up first.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Cryptic still needs to blow some stuff up first.

Always.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    I've got it! You could do a literary reconstruction and make an Iconian War that doesn't read like badfic!
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ^That's what the Iconian War Anthology is for.

As for Reconstruction, a bit of feedback:
    Make the missions more standalone. A lot of the [ico] ones rely on previous missions by the author. Now, I understand that you want to advertise your other missions, but not remembering half the characters even though the narrative treats me as I should, takes me out of said narrative.
    I play these missions to get the kind of immersion that Cryptic won't provide us with for some reason.
    So, less established foundry continuity would be appreciated. If you really want to advertise your other work make your anthology mission stand out.
    If a mission really impresses me, I tend to look up the author's other missions anyway. The Worst of Both Worlds, for example, made me discover all of Captain_Revo's other missions.
    You can also advertise your work in your author's notes at the end of the mission.

A better balance between Fed- and KDF missions would be nice as well.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    A better balance between Fed- and KDF missions would be nice as well.

And a note saying if they're suitable for Romulans or not would be greatly appreciated, too :) Many authors have them, but a lot more not.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm... I just got an idea to work with this and the last (short) mission I wrote. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I've got a mission in the works that will be making a stand-alone point about the new relationship between the KDF and FED. It may not be mission about rebuilding things as much as it's about getting on with galactic business after the Iconian war. But it should work for the purposes of any post-war anthologies.

Before I get too deep into the dialog I will say right now that I can rather painlessly make this a KDF mission. Left to my own devices it'll turn FED very quickly but if there's significant interest I'll turn this one over to the Empire.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    Maybe for the series title, we could take a leaf from R.E.M. and call it Fables of the Reconstruction. ;)​​
    Hey I just published that aforementioned mission set in the aftermath of the Iconian war. Are people still interested in a reconstruction anthology or have we moved on to other things?
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Soo....is this still being worked on? Would love a sequel to Ravaged.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
    Not as far as I know, the big thing now is the AEI exploration anthology which has taken up the idea of "well, let's do something other than war after the Iconian war."