test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to add value to lockboxes (A constructive post)

I was just thinking about how pages and pages of exchange entries are taken up by lockboxes, and I just came up with an idea for how to get them off of the exchange while making them directly worth something to trade them for that does not involve gambling.

Add a new reputation category called "Lobi Consortium" and give it one recurring assignment.

Trade 1000 unopened lockboxes of any type for 1 lobi crystal.

This makes collecting the lockboxes worth something to even those who have no desire to spend Zen to buy keys without devaluing them for the purpose of those who do buy keys either for EX or for Zen.

To my way of thinking, ANYTHING that drops in the game should have some value to every player. How many people simply warp out or beam out after a mission and just leave any lockboxes that might have dropped behind, serving no useful purpose at all...

The Lobi consortium reputation would unlock by talking to one of their representatives on Earth Space Dock, Qo'nos, or New Romulus. The representative would tell the player that the Lobi Consortium is looking for help in recovering its unused merchandise throughout the galaxy. For every 1000 unopened Lobi Consortium cargo containers returned, the consortium would generously pay one lobi crystal.

What do you all think?
"There can be no meeting of the minds between two parties
if both parties are not willing to meet in the middle."
-Ambassador Samuel J. Stone

Comments

• rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    The simpler idea would be let us sell lockboxes for EC also if we did have this a question, do you 1000 random lockboxes or 1000 of the same?
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Sorry misspoke a little. What I meant to say was selling them to NPC vendors for EC, we can't do that or there is the downside of gathering and holding 1000 lockboxes, that is a lot of space.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    1000 is a rather large number, especially when the max stack size is only 20. So 1000 boxes would probably fill up someone's bank and inventory entirely.

Neverwinter allows players to sell their boxes to a vendor for... pocket change really.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Interesting idea. I think selling them to vendors even for a few EC would be better than nothing. They are essentially your loot from missions but are worthless without a key. Even a small ec sum would be better than nothing.
    Wish they would do the same for fed side prisoners!
    SulMatuul.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    i just want STO to hurry up and release their version of CO's collector's lockbox and NWO's glorious resurgence lockbox​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Having a lockbox sink is counterproductive. The boxes' ubiquity is meant to encourage buying keys and the fact that the only ways to get rid of them is discard or open plays into that. The boxes will therefore never be given a vendor value that is worth anything. If you want "a few EC" from them, you can put them on the exchange.

I would very much like to see their stack limit raised, though.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Trade 1000 unopened lockboxes of any type for 1 lobi crystal.

Hah, nice try cupcake!

But you know what keeps the light on at Cryptic? .... Yes, lockbox keys.

I will let you continue this train of thought from here...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    @bernatk

Wow, good thing you don't work for Cryptic. Cuz you know what really keeps the lights on at Cryptic? The customers. A business that comes out and acts like an @#$ to its customers doesn't stay in business for long.

I will let you continue this train of thought from here... cupcake.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    bergins wrote: »
    @bernatk

Wow, good thing you don't work for Cryptic. Cuz you know what really keeps the lights on at Cryptic? The customers. A business that comes out and acts like an @#$ to its customers doesn't stay in business for long.

I will let you continue this train of thought from here... cupcake.

Well you should propose something to Cryptic they can sell you. Instead of keys. Regularly.
    Nor you, nor OP advised anything.

ncwpdRS.png

Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
    This is why I didn't just suggest letting them be sold for a vendor for EC. And why I suggested 1000 lockboxes for 1 lobi crystal.

Well, the proposal should have been 1000 lockboxes for 1 gold pressed latinum or even 1 EC.

Cryptic is ok with handing out GPL. They give out 1 GPL per ground kill. After completing a lvl60 mission. And sacrificing a ground doff slot lol...

Once again, they will never ever give out lobi crystals. That's why there will be no more FE reruns.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    I would very much like to see their stack limit raised, though.

I very much agree with this. 20 boxes is a very small stack.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »

Incorrect, the game EP very recently stated flat out that the Featured Episode Replay event will be returning. This statement was made in a Priority One interview in response to a question I submitted to be asked in the pre-interview thread. Whether or not there will still be Lobi involved in the event or not was not stated or asked, but the FE replay will be happening again.

Yay! That's good to hear. It would be better if they just normalized the special rewards so you can get them on any alt at any time, but I'm okay with a replay event.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)