test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Back from the dead - what's new? Pvp/SOB fleet

aguida1987aguida1987 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2016 in PvP Gameplay
Hi everyone, apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I'm looking to join back from a two year hiatus. I was heavily involved in PVP, and would only consider coming back if 1) people still pvp in STO anymore and 2) it's worthwhile.

Also, just wondering if any of my old SOB Fleet mates still play?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Of course there are still PvP players...but it is seems to be a bit broken (example: https://youtu.be/BQrU2ZTqzMM) as some say.

In PvP queue and kerrat I haven't seen a member of SOB since I play PvP, it is mostly the same small amount people who play (and even less premades, TNO, grandpas, SP, CSI and sometimes SC Delta)
    Post edited by yoda2005 on
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    You forgot us HoBOs! We pretty much live in Ker'rat these days. :smile:

RCK - a.k.a. "Evul Jacob"
    Ah you're right, HoBO still has players too (and listing some more: 58. Geschwader seems to have one or two more, same for (dont know which one) Jagdwolfgeschwader, Soehne von Kahless is around with same number IIRC, Raumpatrouille Elysion has I think two players too, there are also many players out of other fleets, sadly @op, SOB is none of them)
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    resources needed to get on par are insane, meta is broken (immunities on every corner and such), better don't bother. it's even far from being a shadow of what it once was :(... most of pvp'ers left, numbers are no match to former times as well. at least i assume so, been like 2 month since i took a look into it.

on a sidenote: just check the dates of the latest posts in here in regard to their number and u get a picture of what happened to sto pvp...
    Post edited by wast33 on
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    aguida1987 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I'm looking to join back from a two year hiatus. I was heavily involved in PVP, and would only consider coming back if 1) people still pvp in STO anymore and 2) it's worthwhile.

Also, just wondering if any of my old SOB Fleet mates still play?

Thanks in advance.

PvP is beyond broken, with 1/2 to 3/4 of the players you meet running a FBP+TBR build. Usually in a temp sci-ship so they can rewind and use them again. Oh and improved temporal insight and probably Invincible.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I don't see SOBs in queue since 2013 or so. Completely gone afaik. Though, as fleet/premade, CSI, The New Order and Evil Grand'Pa are the last ones left. Also, there are some solo players queueing these days, but, generally, the size of PvPers is very small. I can count not more than 30 left... very sad. F.e., in a day you play always with and against the same people, over and over again. The difference is just the randomizing team generation until you face premades lol.
    edited March 2016
    @nandospc, you forgot one Premade, SP seems to play PvP too at this time, another premade team might come up soon.
    But yes, it is always the same players, will not become better I sadly think(
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
    Well, SP isn't forming a proper recurrent premade atm, so... sometimes I saw another minor fleet playin' around but i don't remember the name now.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    I endorse this thread.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    thissler wrote: »
    I endorse this thread.

and so, with probably one of the last things sto-related endorsed by lymuv (and most likely marmot approved), sto pew by design shrinked to just stew. and not the sort of one should be eager to taste lol ;D :(.

c'mon over to wows, we got the tirpitz :) (+much less necessity, qualitively and quantitively seen, for time and money investment as well. also like a dream balance-wise for old stew pewers, even with all the shades)!
  • captainhunter05captainhunter05 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    yoda2005 wrote: »
    Ah you're right, HoBO still has players too (and listing some more: 58. Geschwader seems to have one or two more, same for (dont know which one) Jagdwolfgeschwader, Soehne von Kahless is around with same number IIRC, Raumpatrouille Elysion has I think two players too, there are also many players out of other fleets, sadly @op, SOB is none of them)
    58. Geschwader and Soehne von Kahless are the same i played in thier premade preDr when you see a player in from 58. Geschwader in pvp than is this hassan he is playing sometimes sto again.
    27871612ud.png

• risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Thissler's alive!? I thought he died when the Iconian war started!
    thissler wrote: »
    I endorse this thread.

Woooohh you are still alive? :p Get back in the game with a NEW GENERATION vaper :#
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    yoda2005 wrote: »
    @nandospc, you forgot one Premade, SP seems to play PvP too at this time, another premade team might come up soon.
    But yes, it is always the same players, will not become better I sadly think(

Nope, there is not even enough fleeties online at the same time to form a 5 man SP team, let alone a premade.
    It would need a miracle at this point in time to bring life back to PvP. And with Cryptics skeleton crew and the game in maintenance mode I can hardly see that happening.
  • novalousnovalous Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Whats up adam TRIBBLE. is still around just not in sto pvp. Most of us are playing heroes and generals Ventrillo info should still be in fleet info if you want to hop on.
  • novalousnovalous Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I guess sob is a bad word lol.