test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - MARCH 9, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.60.20160228a.5.

General:
  • Skill Revamp:
    • New icons have been hooked up across the entire system.
    • The wording and formatting for many Skill descriptions have been improved.
    • The improvements made in the previous patch to all "Readiness" skills are now reflected in their descriptions.
    • Ground Training Unlocks now only display those applicable to your Profession.
    • Updated formatting for descriptions for Ultimate Ability unlocks.
    • The damage dealt by Drain Infection now scales up with level, and can be further improved with skill in Exotic Particle Generators.
    • Weapon Penetration (Ground) has had its effectiveness doubled (6%/4% instead of 3%/2%).
    • Updated the descriptions on Energy Weapon Proficiency so that they no longer reference "mines and torpedoes."
    • The following list of powers have had their base effectiveness increased to 150% of their previous base values, in order to offset the fact that the benefit less from Exotic Particle Generators under the new system than they previously benefited:
      • Isometric Charge
      • Cryoplasma
      • Eject Warp Plasma
      • Elachi Subspace Rupture (Collapse)
      • Aceton Assimilator
      • Heavy Graviton Beam
      • Vent Theta Radiation
      • Thalaron Pulse (* only player version)
      • Metreon Gas Canisters
      • Structural Integrity Collapse
      • Aceton Beam
      • Endothermic Inhibitor Beam
      • Subspace Boom
      • Destabilizing Resonance Beam
      • Photonic Shockwave
      • Tyken's Rift
      • Tholian Web Sphere (Collapse)
      • Overwhelming Force (Torpedo)
      • Explosive Polarity Shift
      • Xindi Biomatter Swarm
      • Tractor Beam
      • Tractor Beam Repulsors
    • Several Deflector Dish base types have been adjusted in order to more closely match the bonuses that they gave before the Skill Revamp:
      • Graviton Deflectors now give Control Expertise and Drain Expertise, but no longer Shield Hardness.
      • Positron Deflectors now give Control Expertise and Shield Restoration, but no longer Hull Capacity or Shield Capacity.
      • Reman and Romulan Deflectors now give Control Expertise and Drain Expertise, but no longer Shield Restoration and Hull Restoration), but each are now larger benefits than before.
      • Fixed a translation bug that was causing a small amount of +Perception to appear on some Deflector Dishes.
        • This should have been Control Expertise.
      • Control Amplification now correctly triggers on Slow effects.
      • All Ranks of Engineering Fleet now also improve Hull Regeneration (in addition to existing effects)
      • Joined Symbiote (Trait) now also improves Hull Regeneration (in addition to existing effects)
      • Inspirational Leader (Trait) has been translated to grant correct Skill Bonuses under the new system.
    • Resolved an issue with Hull Regen values that was caused by the removal of Crew. Base regen values (zero Skills) should now match between Holodeck and Tribble.
  • Resolved an issue with Attack Pattern Omega that was causing the Defense buff to boosted by other Defense buffs.

Known Issues:
  • The Skill System Revamp is still a work in progress:
    • There may be lingering mentions of “Crew” on reward packs and other items.
  • The Romulan Republic Admiralty Campaign is still a work in progress.
  • There is an issue occasionally causing maps to crash.
  • All Foundry functions have been shut off temporarily.

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016
    Lol, so part gens skills get boosted 150% while drains only got boosted 50%. Lol, DPS skewed adjustments .

Oh well, my Tyekn's and Grav Wells now will pack a punch.
  • Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    @borticuscryptic

I haz a question:
    The Readiness Trait buffed to 20%.

So does that mean every 5 points in this skill add 1% cd?

If so then on the terren del has reduce sci cd by 5%, but it adds plus 50 to the Readiness Skill.

I have three points in Sci readiness for 100 skill points,.
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, so part gens skills get boosted 150% while drains only got boosted 50%. Lol, DPS skewed adjustments .

Oh well, my Tyekn's and Grav Wells now will pack a punch.

Rift still does less dam
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer

I think it's actually the same adjustment, now that you mention it. Just phrased differently.

"by 50% of previous"
    "to 150% of previous"

Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I think it's actually the same adjustment, now that you mention it. Just phrased differently.

"by 50% of previous"
    "to 150% of previous"

Ok, wording was off then. Wait, was that APO change part fo the resistible resists stuff? Almost missed reading that.
  • Options
    Wait, was that APO change part fo the resistible resists stuff?

Yes. It was missed in the initial batch of changes, and cleaned up separately.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    [*] The following list of powers have had their base effectiveness increased to 150% of their previous base values, in order to offset the fact that the benefit less from Exotic Particle Generators under the new system than they previously benefited:
    • Isometric Charge
    • Cryoplasma
    • Eject Warp Plasma
    • Elachi Subspace Rupture (Collapse)
    • Aceton Assimilator
    • Heavy Graviton Beam
    • Vent Theta Radiation
    • Thalaron Pulse (* only player version)
    • Metreon Gas Canisters
    • Structural Integrity Collapse
    • Aceton Beam
    • Endothermic Inhibitor Beam
    • Subspace Boom
    • Destabilizing Resonance Beam
    • Photonic Shockwave
    • Tyken's Rift
    • Tholian Web Sphere (Collapse)
    • Overwhelming Force (Torpedo)
    • Explosive Polarity Shift
    • Xindi Biomatter Swarm
    • Tractor Beam
    • Tractor Beam Repulsors

Why is Gravity Well not on that list, if I may ask?

Bridger.png
  • Options
    bridgern wrote: »

Because it already benefited from the normalization, and now scales better with Skill. It does not need its core magnitude increased.

This list should only include abilities that had their benefit from Skill reduced as a result of our normalization pass.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Several Deflector Dish base types have been
    adjusted in order to more closely match the bonuses that they gave before
    the Skill Revamp:
    *** Positron Deflectors now give Control Expertise and Shield Restoration, but no longer Hull Capacity or Shield Capacity.
    ---> heavily confused <---
    BUT
    Positron Deflectors always gave "Hull Capacity" and "Shield Capacity" (+Shield Restoration)
    that is/was exactly the bonuses players prefer when leveling up.

Please please don´t take it away, PLEASE

I think it is save to say that nobody needs another Deflector with Control Expertise

I put this stats up, so you don´t have to check for yourself ...
    Neutrino Deflector Array aka Standard Deflector
    + Starship Sensors >> Perception
    + Inertial Dampers >> Control Expertise
    + Power Insulators >> Drain Expertise
    Tachyon Deflector Array
    + Flow Capacitors >>> Drain Expertise
    + Stealth >>>>>>>> Stealth
    + Particle Generators > Particle Generators
    Graviton Deflector Array
    + Graviton Capacitors>>>>> Control Expertise
    + Subspace Decomp >>>>> Control Expertise
    + Countermeasure Systems > Control Expertise
    Positron Deflector Array
    + Shield Emitters >>>> Shield Restoration
    + Structual Integrity >> Hull Capacity
    + Shield Systems >>>> Shield Capacity
    Post edited by preiko on
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    bridgern wrote: »

Because it already benefited from the normalization, and now scales better with Skill. It does not need its core magnitude increased.

This list should only include abilities that had their benefit from Skill reduced as a result of our normalization pass.

Thank you very much for the information.

Bridger.png
  • Options
    preiko wrote: »
    ---> heavily confused <---

This error was also pointed out to us on Reddit. We re-investigated and found some misnamed internal references had led to these deflectors being incorrectly translated.

A future build will further restore them to their original functionality, so that they again improve HullHP, ShieldHP and ShieldHealing.

Sorry for the confusion! Thanks for reporting the error.

Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    Graviton deflector array -> Oh the possibilities if that were the translation.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Just a Reminder Bort.

Biofunction Monitors, and Force field Consoles need to be replaced with the Correct ones in the R&D System.
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Known Issues:
    • The Skill System Revamp is still a work in progress:
      • There may be lingering mentions of “Crew” on reward packs and other items.
    My Jem'Hadar Resilient Shield is still putting up a "Crew Bracing" buff.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options

That's just a name.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Cool I like all th changes... so what is the story with control powers do y'all need us to do more testing or are you just trying to figure out how you want them all adjusted now? As I've said before few people have ever used them or specced into them so we are treading new ground here.
  • Options
    Control is going to be a bit more sticky, but I think I have all of the data I need in order to get them normalized in a way we're satisfied.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    Glad to hear it, although I certainly enjoy having a 70 second uptime on my Scramble sensors I get the distinct impression it's not intended... LOL

If there are any more of them you need tested The Science Channel will be happy to help!
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Control is going to be a bit more sticky, but I think I have all of the data I need in order to get them normalized in a way we're satisfied.

Its looks a bit like the control playstyle is in for some trouble (at least in PvP) because almost all deflector dishes are now giving out resistance to control effects in the form of control expertise. It's hard not to end up with at least some of it now.

OTOH I have to applaud the reduction of skill contribution/improvement of base values. That's one way to chip away at the ludicrous advantages posed by Fleet consoles over gear accessible to solo players.

I also wanted to ask about penetration skill ratings. There's two ways these are likely to be used - either run through their own diminishing returns calculation to generate a percentage that's then subtracted from the other guy's percentage or the ratings are subtracted from the other guy's ratings and then the DR equation is applied (which would be almost completely useless due to how hard DR is applied). Which way is it done in STO?

And finally, I don't think the Council Defense Pact set bonuses from the Lobi Store 3-piece Xindi set (increased radius for plasmatic bio-matter detonations) are working when equipped on my Xindi-Narcine Carrier. The tool tips definitely aren't updating. The descriptions also don't make sense since they have a base radius of 1km so increasing the radius by .5 km should give a diameter of 3km, not 2.5 as mentioned in the item description.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Hey Bort, so um, think you can look into the Kelsid system patrol Accolades, please?
  • Options
    trollson1trollson1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @borticuscryptic
    Hi i would like to ask: Will the control amplification work with traits, weapons which causing slow effects?
    (I cant see the weapon amplification and specialization in my stat window or on my weapons stat)
    Thank you to your answer.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2016

That's just a name.

So - what did it get replaced with again? More Shield/Hull regen instead?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Reman and Romulan Deflectors now give Control Expertise and Drain Expertise, but no longer Shield Restoration and Hull Restoration), but each are now larger benefits than before.

Now THIS is a change I'm absolutely going to adore! My Romulan Command Warbird runs a thematic build with the full Romulan space set, but I've always been bummed at how "meh" the Deflector was and how it didn't really jive with my flowcap heavy build.
    Happy times ahead! <3
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    Thank you for listening to me about the Romulan and Reman deflectors they are much nicer now!
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    "Positron Deflectors now give Control Expertise and Shield Restoration, but no longer Hull Capacity or Shield Capacity."

Once again the claim that we don't lose anything doesn't hold up.
  • Options
    They just fixed the mix up today dude, learn to read and lay off.