test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Still nothing to do with all these Prisoners

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Federation Discussion
KDF gets the "Trade 10 Prisoners for 1K Dil" assignment. FED gets "Trade two for a pat on the back". Admiralty assignments keep filling my brig. I can't even sell them on the exchange because of faction specificity. Maybe if every so often one of the prisoners from Admiralty rewards was a Dominion Fugitive? That would be nice.

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    There's still the airlock.....
    Gets you 1 dil and I think 10 diplo XP per prisoner.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Hey great, so for ten prisoners I can get 10 dil, while the KDF gets 1000. 1 dil isn't even with the extra clicks it takes to confirm the action.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    i find it funny that even though were at peace were still taking fed and KDF prisoners
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Somewhere, out on the Exchange, there are Fleets that need Civilians (Prisoners count) for their Embassies and Research Labs. I'm willing to tell you this because mine sell so quickly that I can't keep up with demand.
    I've only ever been able to use Colonists for the civilian reqs. Do they have to be from the opposite faction or something for that to work?
    Yup, just tried it now. I can only add Colonists and other white-quality doffs to the Common Doffs req. No prisoners.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    There is definitely a fleet project that accepts prisoners but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I know we rarely slot it though, so I guess it's not for anything useful.
    SulMatuul.png
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I've found that only Klingon fleet projects can consume prisoners, which is pretty stupid. The only Fed projects that use prisoners are the "provide additional labour" assignments that are sometimes available in the Alpha Quadrant. And transferring prisoners to KDF toons doesn't work as they cannot be used in that way.

What would also be useful is to have a security officer on New Romulus (if it has been added I haven't seen it around) so I don't have to keep returning to Spacedock just to offload 2 prisoners at a time.
    There's also prisoner exchanges, but those come up so rarely as well
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I'd like to see something like a "Set up a penal colony" assignment chain
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    What do you do with a Dominion Fugitive, anyway? (I mean, what do you do that's worth something.) I'm sure there was a good one but I can't remember what it was.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    wombat140 wrote: »
    What do you do with a Dominion Fugitive, anyway? (I mean, what do you do that's worth something.) I'm sure there was a good one but I can't remember what it was.
    I think in the sectors around DS9 there are a couple of prisoner exchange assignments. There's another mission that also specifically asks for Dom fugitives.
    The Dom Fugitives are at least useful. It depends on which part of Alpha Quadrant you're in, but you can get either "Prisoner Exchange" or "Release in exchange for Gamma Quadrant Commodities".
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Just going to semi-necro this thread to say that there is indeed a project to dump those prisoners in for your fleet, finally found the name.

"Generate Diplomatic Contacts" from the fleet embassy will ask for 26 civilian doffs, and it accepts prisoners. I've just cleared out a load of them from their cramped cells in my ship's brig!
    SulMatuul.png
    Orly? I'll have to look at that