test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SUGGESTION: ENTERPRISE NX-01 bridge and interior

I was recently fooling around with my main toon's uniform and his away team, when I came up with an Odyssey excursion outfit that sort of looked something like an astronaut outfit. So, I was wondering if Cryptic was ever going to make an NX-01 bridge and interior, as I wanted something a bit more NASA-esque than what's currently available.

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    IBTITITFCTLATSY*

Ship Interiors, in general, are a common question here in the forums, and the general answer given by the Devs is "NO!" unless they are going to use the interior in story content (see the Intrepid Interior).

Thankfully, with the 50th Anniversary this year, there is a chance the story could bring us to the bridge of the NX-01, so not all hope it's lost.

*In Before the "Isn't This in the Frequently Created Thread's List"-ers Arrive to Scold You.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    +1

Love to see that! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,825 Community Moderator
    +1 for the NX interior.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Running a 22nd century themed alt, I'd love that almost as much as a T6 NX class. But as the others say, interiors are very rare productions and we've had a grand total of 3 in 6 years...
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Probably won't happen, but I would also like to see this.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    I'd love to see it - I'd even pay zen to get myself one [interior for sure not sure about the bridge itself]
    we'll see though :)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    You're more likely to draw in the Enterprise haters and Scott Bakula can't act crowd before the FCT crowd (which this really isn't).

I always liked this show and am in the midst of watching it again on Netflix. I'm liking it even more. I heard a few on these boards say that the Third or Xindi Season almost sunk the show. Don't see it at all. I think it is just fine, with some very touching Episodes.

Yep, we could use those interiors, Enterprise MACO Uniforms, that MACO Rifle, and some more color variations for the T'Pol Outfit (can't recreate that Powder Blue variation with the limited color palette).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Love to see it along with more enterprise era gear and easter eggs, but i doubt it, the interiors are a low prioroty since they are for the most part a character only feature. I'd love to have my interior and be able to drop items to decorate it similar to how SWG had housing.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    i would love to see my favourite fed bridge in sto: enterprise nx-01!
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You're more likely to draw in the Enterprise haters and Scott Bakula can't act crowd before the FCT crowd (which this really isn't).

I always liked this show and am in the midst of watching it again on Netflix. I'm liking it even more. I heard a few on these boards say that the Third or Xindi Season almost sunk the show. Don't see it at all. I think it is just fine, with some very touching Episodes.

Yep, we could use those interiors, Enterprise MACO Uniforms, that MACO Rifle, and some more color variations for the T'Pol Outfit (can't recreate that Powder Blue variation with the limited color palette).

well technically the 3rd season did "sunk" the series considering that they closed the production by it not selling good enought [just as TOS] and while we may not see why people dislike it so much the facts are there - they had to shut down series prematurely because of not enought incomes from it....

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    I'll stand by my opinion that Voyager killed the franchise, Enterprise merely failed in its resuscitation attempt.

Anyway - the best argument for an NX bridge is the OP's, that it would be something substantially different to the mass of in-game Fed bridges; rather like the TOS pack. It would also appeal to captains who simply wanted something more utilitarian, rather than just to hardcore ENT fans. Heck, the same could be said of the much-teased 22C MACO uniform.
    staq16 wrote: »
    I'll stand by my opinion that Voyager killed the franchise, Enterprise merely failed in its resuscitation attempt.

Anyway - the best argument for an NX bridge is the OP's, that it would be something substantially different to the mass of in-game Fed bridges; rather like the TOS pack. It would also appeal to captains who simply wanted something more utilitarian, rather than just to hardcore ENT fans. Heck, the same could be said of the much-teased 22C MACO uniform.

Would have been nice if the NX bridge had appeared on the NX ship in game. Alas.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    staq16 wrote: »

Would have been nice if the NX bridge had appeared on the NX ship in game. Alas.

The problem is that this game from it's outset, has always been a 'TNG' TREK game.
    The two outlier show (TOS & Enterprise) items, are simply an after thought tacked on to attempt to bring in a bit more income from those particular fans.

The test will be as to how much of TOS They are willing to put in the game and can monetize, come this Fall with the 50th Anniversary.
    If what ever They give us doesn't meet Their "sell-matrix', we probably won't see anymore items added from those shows.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lonowenlonowen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm actually a big TOS fan, and I thought that Enterprise fell far short of expectations, though I loved the theme song and intro--it sort of captured the whole heart and soul of exploration. I actually enjoyed the Xindi season and season 4. If the whole series had been as good as season 4 (except for the finale), it would've survived. Alas, it was too late. Pretty much the only reason I want the NX bridge and interior is because of the astronaut feel to it.

That said, as much as I enjoy STO, it's really more of Starfleet Battles than any of the series, which was a pnp strategy game. That makes three Cryptic games based on classic RPGs-- the other two being Champions and Dungeons & Dragons.
    lonowen wrote: »
    I'm actually a big TOS fan, and I thought that Enterprise fell far short of expectations, though I loved the theme song and intro

Although the song was catchy, the lyrics were laughable. Apart from the mildly annoying, typical American "I've got faith to believe. I can do anything." mantra, imagine any self-respecting historian ever logging something as ret*rdly vague as "I's been a long road, getting from there to here." LOL.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Unfortunately the good premise of the show was undone by the fact they messed around with a lot of already established timeline things from TOS. A 4th season of a romulan war or show Archer starting to form the federation would have been great. To me what has left a bad taste in my mouth has always been the last few episodes, While the mirror episodes were cool, the last episode, more even the last 2 minutes of it felt like a slap in the face. That being said, yea I want the NX interior and would kill for the era maco gear
    I'm actually a big TOS fan, and I thought that Enterprise fell far short of expectations, though I loved the theme song and intro

Although the song was catchy, the lyrics were laughable. Apart from the mildly annoying, typical American "I've got faith to believe. I can do anything." mantra, imagine any self-respecting historian ever logging something as ret*rdly vague as "I's been a long road, getting from there to here." LOL.

Typical American mantra? Awesome. As an American myself, I'll take that as a compliment. As the Bard once said "Self-love is not so great a sin as self-neglect." Uncoupled from any sort of forethought and "Yankee ingenuity," that can go pear-shaped pretty quickly, but still--thank you!

Typical American mantra? Awesome. As an American myself, I'll take that as a compliment.

Of course you would. :)
    As the Bard once said "Self-love is not so great a sin as self-neglect." Uncoupled from any sort of forethought and "Yankee ingenuity," that can go pear-shaped pretty quickly, but still--thank you!

I'm a European; we don't believe in The Little Engine That Could. Or, rather, we believe some little engines can, and others simply can't. We adhere to the old Greek maxim: Gnothi seauton, "Know thyself." And your limitations. We don't go about telling people "Go be a playwright. You've got faith to believe. You can do anything," when it's painfully clear they totally suck at it, and always will. That's just unrealistic and cruel. Rather we encourage people to explore their talents, so they can figure out what they have an aptitude for, and then pursue a careeer in that direction.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    I suppose in the most obnoxiously glorious manifestations of the American attitude we look at personal and national limitations as things to overcome. That's how we got to the moon. We threw ourselves at it.

Typical American mantra? Awesome. As an American myself, I'll take that as a compliment.

Of course you would. :)
    As the Bard once said "Self-love is not so great a sin as self-neglect." Uncoupled from any sort of forethought and "Yankee ingenuity," that can go pear-shaped pretty quickly, but still--thank you!

I'm a European; we don't believe in The Little Engine That Could. Or, rather, we believe some little engines can, and others simply can't. We adhere to the old Greek maxim: Gnothi seauton, "Know thyself." And your limitations. We don't go about telling people "Go be a playwright. You've got faith to believe. You can do anything," when it's painfully clear they totally suck at it, and always will. That's just unrealistic and cruel. Rather we encourage people to explore their talents, so they can figure out what they have an aptitude for, and then pursue a careeer in that direction.

I suppose in the most obnoxiously glorious manifestations of the American attitude we look at personal and national limitations as things to overcome. That's how we got to the moon. We threw ourselves at it.