test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Into The Breach Event

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Folks it's all about the metrics. The time it takes to complete this daily is longer so you will stay in the game longer. Since most of us have alts Cryptic figures people will probably spend on average 2 or more hours in game per day. With this event they can pad their metrics to show that the Players Love It.

Enjoy the grindfest, me i'll continue to play X-rebirth and give STO a pass for a month or two.

I'm looking forward to No Man's Sky coming out in 3 1/2 months. Looks fun.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Folks it's all about the metrics. The time it takes to complete this daily is longer so you will stay in the game longer. Since most of us have alts Cryptic figures people will probably spend on average 2 or more hours in game per day. With this event they can pad their metrics to show that the Players Love It.

Enjoy the grindfest, me i'll continue to play X-rebirth and give STO a pass for a month or two.

I'm looking forward to No Man's Sky coming out in 3 1/2 months. Looks fun.
    It looks like fun...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqeN6hj4dZU
    ...but will I get to hear"MINE!" in Stephen's voice when I tag something new? LOL

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    a single assault path on the exterior of the ship

Which still means Beam Fire at Will or GTFO. Beams and cannons just can't hit the targets fast enough unless you're running some kind of weapon haste set-up. And forget torpedos. They're just about worthless on the exterior.

It's like the Death Star trench run while firing a musket. Even with my engine power down to 15, I'm passing the targets by way too quickly to get a shot off by the time they pass 10km.

If I'm feeling compelled to drop my throttle down by over 50%, I think that kind of defeats the point of a cool trench run gimmick.
    better path communication and objective adjustments

The path communication is better. But I'd really like to know whose idea it was to have green holographic arrows in an environment with a mostly green/cyan backdrop.
    with an eye towards a faster completion time

Maybe it's just me, but this seems ridiculously slow in some places, and ridiculously fast in others (like the initial assault run).

Your worst enemy on the exterior is going twelve thousand sanics while trying to shoot twelve hardpoints. Your worst enemy on the interior of the ship is Red Alert. Basically, whoever engages first gets left holding the bag while the rest of the team rushes into the next part.

Maybe that's by design, but doesn't it seem a little counterinuitive to this "eye towards a faster completion time"?

NZGTJc4.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2016

It's always been about logins, not how long we stay logged in. Otherwise Cryptic would have something more creative and new for the players to do instead of the same old 14 item turn in for a shiny or a 1000 voucher ship chase.

You know, that thing called Sector Space has been under-utilized for a long time now...
    Post edited by hypl on
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Took a bit over 13 hours to do 27 toons. Sod this, I'll do it on a couple of toons perhaps.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I'm only working on one Captain and I keep getting lost. I need some sort of clear line pointing me in the right direction, a literal path to follow. :/

I feel bad for anyone who randomly gets stuck with me. :(
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    This event blows chunks, not worth the time, I don't care how great the reward is, this event is a pain is the backside.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    One thing I'm finding interesting about this event is just how much I HATE it.

Event Burnout is something I've dealt with before in this game. During the first Mirror Invasion, I ran that thing on all my alts and I nearly wept blood afterwards. I decided that when that event comes up again that I'd limit myself to a handful of alts in an attempt to keep a sliver of my sanity. Even so, I have run that event every day every time they have put it up, even past the point of getting the main reward. That extra 7 days worth of marks/Dil comes in handy.

With last years Anniversary Event I farmed for so many Omega Particles that I burned out. And I don't mean I needed to take a break from the game, although I did, it turned me off from having to do it again this year for the ship. Even with my extreme dislike of the playing the mini-game, I ran it to get the ship and kept at it for those last days after getting the ship in order to get a little extra Dil and marks. At least on the single alt I ran it on. It also didn't hurt that the ship is an account unlock and only needing to run it once a day kept it from being too bad.

When they run the Crystalline Entity event, I run it on all my alts even past the point where I've gotten the reward on them all, simply because those extra days worth of Dil/marks is a real bonus.

See a pattern yet?

Even with events that take a longer than normal time to complete, I continue to participate past the point of getting the main reward.

Well, now with this Breach event I will continue to run it to get the reward on the SINGLE character I decided to run this on. At the end of the 14 days when I have the main reward, I will stop playing this event and *IF* they ever bring it back, it'll essentially be a 3 week vacation for me as I will never participate in it again.

Unless the reward, in this case the Admiralty card, is made to be an account unlock. Alts that don't participate shouldn't get the mark or Dil bonus, but allowing the unique reward to be account wide would have appeased many people.

p.s.

I feel bad for the people that enjoy this mission. They want this to stay around after the event and it's already been said that when the event ends, the mission will go away as well. I feel that the mission should stay around but that obviously isn't up to me. It also may be more enjoyable without the "event" banner over it's head. Play the mission for what it is instead of what it gives.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016
    mmps1 wrote: »
    Took a bit over 13 hours to do 27 toons. Sod this, I'll do it on a couple of toons perhaps.

Haha, yeah the length of this event completely negates the ability to do it with all toons on an account. Furthering my calls for the unique rewards from these events to become account unlocks. I don't really care about the dilithium and marks (you can get more than the final reward offers if you simply invest the 20-25 mins this mission takes every day over the two week period), but the unique one time only rewards are really my biggest issue with all of these 'events'. They really put me off the game as a whole because I'm a collector and an alter.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • highlandrise85highlandrise85 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    They really put me off the game as a whole because I'm a collector and an alter.

THIS! Sadly too many People AND Cryptic cant or dont want to understand that, instead some people will say, "well get it on your main or some of your characters, you dont need it on all of your characters, BLA BLA BLA"

ALL of my 42 Characters on my Main account are MAIN Characters, there is no alt, so if there is such an Unique Item, than OF COURSE i would like to have that on ALL of them, cause it bugs me like hell having it on the one but not the others, cause i too am a TRUE ALTER AND COLLECTOR!

But there is just no way in hell to do that with so many Characters (not to mention my 17 chars on my alt account) without killing EVERY single Brain Cell in my Brain and without loosing my Mind, so yea those damn Uniqe Rewards HAVE to be Account Unlocks, anything else is bollocks!

Same goes for Limited Time Mission Rewards like the Kobali Outfit, Iconian Outfit, Shards of Possibilities, Ophidian Cain, Breen/Reman Boff and so on if we have it on at least 1 Character than EVERY OTHER character should have acces to those too! Just add them to the Account Unlock Store PLEASE?!

and for your Signature "True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!" 100% AGREE!
    9Kh66Si.gif

True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event and mission rewards!!
    ​​
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    They really put me off the game as a whole because I'm a collector and an alter.

THIS! Sadly too many People AND Cryptic cant or dont want to understand that, instead some people will say, "well get it on your main or some of your characters, you dont need it on all of your characters, BLA BLA BLA"

ALL of my 42 Characters on my Main account are MAIN Characters, there is no alt, so if there is such an Unique Item, than OF COURSE i would like to have that on ALL of them, cause it bugs me like hell having it on the one but not the others, cause i too am a TRUE ALTER AND COLLECTOR!

But there is just no way in hell to do that with so many Characters (not to mention my 17 chars on my alt account) without killing EVERY single Brain Cell in my Brain and without loosing my Mind, so yea those damn Uniqe Rewards HAVE to be Account Unlocks, anything else is bollocks!

Same goes for Limited Time Mission Rewards like the Kobali Outfit, Iconian Outfit, Shards of Possibilities, Ophidian Cain, Breen/Reman Boff and so on if we have it on at least 1 Character than EVERY OTHER character should have acces to those too! Just add them to the Account Unlock Store PLEASE?!

and for your Signature "True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!" 100% AGREE!

<slips @highlandrise85 a card with directions to the next Anonymous STO Addicts meeting>
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User

I'm considering adding it into my own signature now...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Played Into the Breach 4 times on all toons and after those 4 times I completed them and didnt feel no achievement and was just bored this is a long running most boring event that STO has ran I would rather have Cristalline cataclysm or the MU endless spawn of ships event. I won't be doing the 14 days as I don't think the rewards are worth it not even the dil I always go far. Since Cryptic only care about logins though i won't login until the event is finished or when the new season starts as the game is getting a bit stale to me now after all these years and all the nerfs and bugs makes me find it easier to play something else which feels more like entertainment and less like work. Plus I get more rewards for working than I do playing
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • highlandrise85highlandrise85 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    @khamseenair hope you dont mind me using your Signature (slightly modified)
    9Kh66Si.gif

True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event and mission rewards!!
    ​​
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Well, frankly, it is a frustration. Played it five times. The first time was warping, but completed it. The second, third, and fourth time I played last night. Not as warpy, but about 5 to 7 minutes in-boom! "Server Disconnected". Logged back in. Any other mission plays fine. Breach does not.Tried again 10 minutes ago. 5 minutes in, some warping, then "Server Disconnected" again. Not worth the extra frustration. Put my ticket in, but am already tired of trying to grind now.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    @khamseenair hope you dont mind me using your Signature (slightly modified)

Not at all, the more the merrier!
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Well I finally got around to giving it a shot. I don't think it's horrible, but I can't say I really enjoy it either. Feeling more neutral on it TBH.

I still feel it should be two separate queues. One for the exterior assault and one for the interior infiltration. Exterior is beams or GTFO. Interior still has people getting lost. I knew where to go, but half my team didn't. 3 of them blew up in the escape lol. Going to pass on this one just as I did with the Mirror event.

Oh and I also support account wide unlocks for event rewards. I might have done this event if it had been.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Cryptic can keep their metrics, and do without my money too. No response to my trouble ticket, and Breach still disconnects after 5 or so minutes. Going to log off and find something else to do.
  • bryceangbryceang Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Since the event time has been reduced, can you also reduce the number of required Voth operative transmission for the reward from 14 to 10 ? Also please display 20 hr count down timer so that we know when a toon is qualify to pick up the reward....
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    This is why I don't do the mirror and the breach events even on a single toon.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I mostly like the new version of 'The Breach'. The things I do not like are mere nitpicks and none of you want to read about those. I certainly wouldn't if I were you. Unlike some of you I only have four chars. One of these is a Delta Recruit so he is the youngest by a long ways. I've no interest at all in running this thing fifty six times over the next two weeks for something I can earn much more efficiently in a far more entertaining way. As to the Admiralty Card - big deal. I have an average of thirty ships on each of my chars. Not in a position where I really need another.

If you are a collector and you enjoy playing lots of alts, and you need one more player for the group, I'll be glad to run the mission with you. I will do my best to participate fully for your enjoyment as well. But I'm not one of those people. They are allowed to play STO the way they see fit. I am happy they are enjoying the game while doing so. When one player has fun while playing STO, all players win.

"Thunder, you're being a little long winded here. Again. Get to the point." Okay. Dilthium. Specifically, the amount awarded. I have been playing STO long enough to remember when ISA awarded 1,440 Dil upon successful completion with all Optionals (which were not mandatorys back then). I can remember when there were Hourly Events rather than Weekly and then Bi-Weekly and Special Events. All of which awarded Dilthium. In larger amounts than we get now. When DR came out, the Dev team spread out the dilthium awarded over every part of the game. Since most things awarded Dilthium now, few people noticed they were getting a piece of a pie which had shrunk to about half size.

These 'Special Events', all of which have a new shiny and a significant Dilthium award attached, are the Dev Team tacitly admitting they have deliberately reduced the quantity of Dilthium available throughout the game as a whole.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    One thing I've noticed when playing this event on normal is that the Citidel Dreadnaught in the second internal chamber is set to level 60, while all the other enemies are level 50, and the players are also operating at level 50. I wonder if this is a bug, or if it's intentional. Setting it to level 50 would make the mission run much faster for pick-up groups.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Oh, and this is a wild shot in the dark, but could we make "The Breach" a soloable mission?

I'm tired of AFKers. It makes the mission unfun. You won't give players an incentive to do more than the bare minimum as to not get dinged with the AFK penalty (if there is one), and you already pander to the Tactical-focused DPS meta to the point the mission could be soloable already.

You either refuse to discipline AFKers (I've seen the same one multiple times on different alts), or you simply don't care. Maybe it's not worth it, given that events have a deadline and is going to be forgotten about eventually. I can't blame players for wanting to AFK either, given how grindy it is and how you blatantly refuse to allow event rewards to be account-wide unlocks unless it's a spaceship.

You already have the "Create Private" match, so you're already halfway there.

So, why not? You already want us to be godawfully overpowered in the game. You already have plenty of reason to make this playable by only a single person. There are plenty of players who simply don't care about the gameplay and only want the rewards. Regardless of their motivations for doing so, you aren't doing anything about it. You haven't thus far. You're really only exacerbating the issue, and you're doing it proudly with every dev blog that advertises the event. So, this is clearly something you want to happen, or at the very least, anticipated to happen.

What you can do is give us the option to do it solo. I already feel as if I'm doing the lion's share of the work on the team anyway. Let us cut off the weakest links if we so choose.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • spacedreamer78spacedreamer78 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    On the plus side I'm glad the breach is back.

The negative: the hollywood signs and that you can only go one direction.

My intelligence is slightly insulted. Which is a shame, because you could do so much more for the player base (both for the ones wanting to use sat-nav [watch that pool when turning left] and the ones longing for challenge and discovery)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016
    decker73a wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed when playing this event on normal is that the Citidel Dreadnaught in the second internal chamber is set to level 60, while all the other enemies are level 50, and the players are also operating at level 50. I wonder if this is a bug, or if it's intentional. Setting it to level 50 would make the mission run much faster for pick-up groups.

Could be a bug, just don't hold your breath waiting for it to be fixed before the event ends.

I was reading this and playing and noticed how much of a choke point that part is on normal difficulty.
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    25 mins this mission is longer, so longer. And me too I'm tired of AFKers.
    Qapla'
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I've noticed that in this version the Hardpoint clusters along the exterior of the ship respawn (I don't remember if the old version did that), so there is that if you're using cannons/torps (I have several characters that do), but I'd definitely echo the call for account unlocks for the unique rewards. I don't know how easy it would be to apply the Event Ship treatment (rather than the single character unlocks in the Dilithium Store), but that really would help keep alt-o-holics like myself from burning out on these Events and their related activities. As an alternative, maybe award increasing numbers of the Event widgets for completing it on higher difficulty or just remove the cooldown for farming the widgets? Either of the latter suggestions would still force us to pad metrics by running the appropriate queue while still making it a bit less cumbersome overall... just remember to remove the trade-in for extra widgets if there's a concern over us churning out too much dilithium under the latter two suggestions.

Personally, though, I'd prefer the Event Store method like that taken with the Event Ships. Pretty please, with bacon on top?
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • ajalenajalen Member Posts: 113 Arc User

i m lvl 60 and i see orange 10 ( so enemy is 10 levels higher ) at Dred too , i suppose we re all set to lvl 50 in mission or not ?

mzspQIG.jpg

• gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Yeah, I reported this in the bug forum. It is basically the main choke point for pugs - the Citadel Dreadnaught benefits from all the huge HP and other scaling NPCs get from being at level 60 - while you are handicapped by 10 levels.

If you have your well equipped and built main along, its not an issue and can be soloed without excessive difficulty (did it on a test run). If however you are running on an underequipped junk alt, and have a typically low skill pug team along, it can take a while. Best bet is to pack some shield penetrating powers, like the Embassy plasma consoles or a PartGen build, and carry the little pubbies along.

Chalk up another reason this event is so alt unfriendly. Hopefully it'll be sorted on Thursday
    yjkZSeM.gif