test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

loading problems

louis2174louis2174 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Has anyone including cryptic studios found a solution to the game freezing at the cryptic studios loading screen, I've sent log reports and have been unable to log in for over a week now,
a little abandoned by Cryptic, anyone????? My bridge crew and I have missions to run, what alien anomoly is this??????????

Comments

• Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Load the launcher and open up the options window.Scroll down to command line and enter the following code.

-d3d11Enable 0

Save then close and reload launcher.
    I was having a similar problem would crash at the New Dawn Screen.This code might help.If not then I'm afraid that contacting support is you last option
  • Options
    thanx much for the help, will try it
  • Options
    able9able9 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have tried everything for three days to launch and stay on the game. The launcher doesn't work and when I do get on, it freezes and crashes. Cryptic gives me an error message as follows: "OOPS, the game has crashed, please tell us what was happening when this event occurred." This is pure idiocy. Please fix this so I can play it uninterrupted.
  • Options
    roujin346roujin346 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I did this... Go to your Star Trek Online file not the Arc files. Look for Live. Delete Logs, Cache and Pigg files that are outdated. Have the game force verify those files that you just deleted, which will take 20-30mins. It will now update the files with newer versions. When the game starts, you need to reprogram all your settings. I left my display setting under the old Direct 3d 9. So far the game hasn't frozen on loading. This seems to happen whenever they update the game and those files aren't recognized. So far, so good on this end. Good Luck!
  • Options
    ok roujin346 will try it, this has been 29 days STO free, this going cold turkey thing is killing me, thanx for the help
  • Options
    hey roujin346 old buddy, old pal, it worked, thanx a million bud.