test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Into The Breach Event

Comments

• farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Here's my suggestion; get rid of the "trench run" portion. It serves no purpose other than to waste time.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    SO HAPPY that The Breach is back up and the changes, I don't mind them at all. Looks great IMO. My Favorite PvE overall.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    On my endeavor to torture three of my nine toons through this event I happen to notice the queue list figures on the opening day:

Into the Breach Normal: ~80 players
    Into the Breach Advanced: ~10 players
    Into the Breach Elite: ~0 players

When Crystalline Cataclysm was refurbished a few years back I remember the numbers to be like:

Crystalline Cataclysm Normal: ~800 players
    Crystalline Cataclysm Elite: ~200 players

That’s roughly 10% and back at the day CCE wasn’t necessarily a 5 mins undertaking either.

For most peeps 50k Dil rewards seem not to kick in for 14x15 minutes runs and an admiralty card for a system that renders those rewards obsolete in the first place does not to seem either.

Poor STO. :'(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    This'll be fun in the Odyssey, though I may have to switch to the Defiant for this one
    Been there, done that, as long as you know how to pilot you'll be fine.

You should try the Bomber T'Varo. Pretty effective once you get past the first stretch.
    Also quite useful for freeing hostages.
    At 130+ marks it is a good event to stock up on specific marks.

At advanced the HP are roughly 2.5-3x higher and the few elite marks are not really worth the extra 5-10 minute effort.

I may have a few torpedoes that might work, rommie hyper, the quantum phase torpedo and the dyson torpedo.
    I'm trying a bomber Valiant, thanks for the idea
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
      edited March 2016
      it's not time gated lol (that killed mirror for me) but i miss the options...although the pathing is a nice touch, i remember whole teams got lost in the old version...

if i ever wanted any mission to come back, it'd be terradome, probly not gonna happen though as it was buggy and was written out of the storyline with the now old undine arc

it was truely what separated the cadets from the Captains...Any team you could complete Terradome with was a good team to run STFs with, it was the ONLY mission that tested both space and ground proficiency in one go...there's never been anything like it before or since...

it was a real loss IMO
      The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
    • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
      edited March 2016
      What's changed? *hasn't gotten to play it yet*

Played it a couple of times today and honestly, the only change I see are pointers showing you which way to go.
      tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User

Played it a couple of times today and honestly, the only change I see are pointers showing you which way to go.
      They took out the choice in the trench on what to do so now you have to sit there bored flying down a single path with weapons on auto fire. It takes longer, removes teamwork, takes away choice and is just flat out boring :( They also seem to have down something with flight speed it was like flying though sludge.
    • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
      pottsey5g wrote: »

They also seem to have down something with flight speed it was like flying though sludge.

That must be the reason it seems to take even longer than I remembered. Oh well, it's something new to do.
      tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
      Done 17 toons and it took a bit over 7 hours. Most of those were pug runs that included afkers or someone getting kicked from the q near the start.

Why did you make this map actually take longer? Or am I missing something obvious?
      "Mr talks down to the peasants."
    • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
      On my endeavor to torture three of my nine toons through this event I happen to notice the queue list figures on the opening day:

When Crystalline Cataclysm was refurbished a few years back I remember the numbers to be like:

That’s roughly 10% and back at the day CCE wasn’t necessarily a 5 mins undertaking either.

For most peeps 50k Dil rewards seem not to kick in for 14x15 minutes runs and an admiralty card for a system that renders those rewards obsolete in the first place does not to seem either.

Keep in mind that The Breach requires more than blind BFAW, so many people leave frustrated, because they're too stupid/lazy to learn the tactics, or to actually READ the objectives.

And once the rest learns the tactics, they can move to the higher difficulties.

I, for one, was happy to see it back for the event, played it 6 times yesterday, and will play it over and over until I'm fed up with it or it ends, whichever comes first. Getting dil on top of this immense fun is just a cherry on top.​​
    • joel1974joel1974 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
      Did it for the first time tonight. Only on two toons, as it was draining on my computer and had other stuff I wanted to do in the game. Was still fun to do.
    • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
      Ran this twice tonight; it was a fun mission. Makes me think 'what if we could attack Mirror Universe V'Ger?' That's sort of what it feels like, combined with the Vault.
    • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
      mmps1 wrote: »
      Done 17 toons and it took a bit over 7 hours. Most of those were pug runs that included afkers or someone getting kicked from the q near the start.

Why did you make this map actually take longer? Or am I missing something obvious?

Lol, you have another long 13 days of working for STO.
    • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
      Glad to see it back - I wish there was a couple more of the big integrity nodes after the first run down the channel, but so glad to see it back.

(And stop shooting the Cores with '?' at the end, people!)
      Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
      mmps1 wrote: »

Man you nutter. each to their own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrwOJ5wEyqc
    • sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
      I have to say the first part still feels like the trench run from Star Wars... The briefing might as well have said "you're required to maneuver straight down this trench..."
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      Okay, I've been having a hard time with this. Got lost several time. (I feel terrible for the folks that I shade the miss with.) I found a few vids posted a few hours ago. I'm posting them here in case anyone else needs a bit of guidance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngptgjwjRPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3XAukiJOho
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
      I guess I like it slightly better than Mirror. The time is similar. The only real frustration is getting stuck on the walls with a big ship and being slowed and or sped up in the trench to the extremes. I've been tempted but am sticking to 3 characters, however, for sanity. That's 2 runs a day for the 22 days. Not so bad.
      Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
      This is the best event ever and the players love it.

I guess I will see how long I will be able to bring myself to "play" this STF during this event before I get burned out again and stay away for a few months.
      I wonder if they do those events solely to show to someone up high the food chain that their STF queues are received positively and that the players flock to them.
    • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
      I learned something from this event;
      As big as this ship is, the turn radius of a Jupiter at full impulse is even bigger.
      sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
      Ah, i missed that STF ! Thanks for bringing it back.

And it's a breeze to complete with MK XIV gear.
    • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
      Ok, Finally played this mission (was busy yesterday, couldn't log on), and I'll admit it is more straightforward than I remember. Not terribly difficult either, though the Voth are still annoying as ever for a carrier/flight deck cruiser captain.

Dispite this, I'm still not going to do the event on more than one character, some purple rocks, marks, and an Admirality card just don't justify a significant time investment to me.

(Still hoping Cryptic will go account unlock on these grinder event rewards someday *fingers crossed*)
    • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
      orion0029 wrote: »
      Ok, Finally played this mission (was busy yesterday, couldn't log on), and I'll admit it is more straightforward than I remember. Not terribly difficult either, though the Voth are still annoying as ever for a carrier/flight deck cruiser captain.

Dispite this, I'm still not going to do the event on more than one character, some purple rocks, marks, and an Admirality card just don't justify a significant time investment to me.

(Still hoping Cryptic will go account unlock on these grinder event rewards someday *fingers crossed*)

Same opinion. Even if it were gear, the time investment kills it for me. Doing it on two toon takes as much time as CCE takes on 7 toons.
    • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
      We must hope for August Crystalline with legendary TOS equipment as prize!
      Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
      edited March 2016
      Just did it with 1 Character on my Main Account and 1 on my Alt Account, both runs took around 20 minutes a little more a little less, now lets see i have 59 characters in total sooo....if i wanted to do this with all my characters than....

59x20/60=19,6 Hours and 826 Runs in total.....hmmm so should i

A ) make myself comfortable in front of my PC, install a Toilet in my PC Chair, put 2 tubes into my veins that deliver both food and Red Bull directly into my bloodstream, spread the rumor that iam dead so no one interrupts me, and than start this EPIC 14 DAYS GRIND, and after the 14 Days (if i survive that long) either jump out of the Window SCREAMING, or call the White Guys to come pick me up with a straight jacket orrrrr

B ) should i only finish it with 1 Character per Account and hope that the Guys over at Cryptic hopefully in the near future come to reason, see how STUPID this Unique Reward PER Character thing is and than Unlock all Event Items (Mirror/Crystaline Cataclysm/Into the Breach, and Special Mission Rewards like Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cain, Breen/Reman Boff) ACCOUNT WIDE as long as we have the items on at least 1 Character orrrrrr

C ) should i just say sc*** this, i PASS and pretend that there is no such event going on???

Personaly i think B ) sounds not to bad, but i could end up with C ) and A )hmmmmm i dont know, sounds a little bit to Painfull maybe??.........

So like nearly everyone here allready said including me, GET RID of that per Character for the Unique Items, Once Finished on 1 Character make it an Account Wide Unlock for all existing and Future Characters, just leave the Dill and Mark Reward PER Character so whoever wants it on more Characters can go through it Multiple Times.

CMON MAN, Even you guys should see what an EPIC FAIL it is trying to force us to do this on i dont know how many Characters if we want the Unique Reward, would ANYONE of you do that if you were in our Positions? I DONT THINK SO.

Event SHIPS / Event ITEMS, WHATS the big difference?! You made the Ships Account Wide, but you DELIBERATLY Refuse to do the same with the Unique Items, JEEEEEZ Snap out of it allready and DO THE RIGHT THING!

D) Accept that you don't have to have everything on every one of your (kindof insane number of) characters and learn to enjoy life knowing that it's okay if you don't see and do everything there is to see and do?

(edit: For the record, though, I would also welcome an account unlock, but the people acting like they're being forced to do this need to check their reality a little bit.)
    • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
      edited March 2016
      heavensrun wrote: »
      Just did it with 1 Character on my Main Account and 1 on my Alt Account, both runs took around 20 minutes a little more a little less, now lets see i have 59 characters in total sooo....if i wanted to do this with all my characters than....

59x20/60=19,6 Hours and 826 Runs in total.....hmmm so should i

A ) make myself comfortable in front of my PC, install a Toilet in my PC Chair, put 2 tubes into my veins that deliver both food and Red Bull directly into my bloodstream, spread the rumor that iam dead so no one interrupts me, and than start this EPIC 14 DAYS GRIND, and after the 14 Days (if i survive that long) either jump out of the Window SCREAMING, or call the White Guys to come pick me up with a straight jacket orrrrr

B ) should i only finish it with 1 Character per Account and hope that the Guys over at Cryptic hopefully in the near future come to reason, see how STUPID this Unique Reward PER Character thing is and than Unlock all Event Items (Mirror/Crystaline Cataclysm/Into the Breach, and Special Mission Rewards like Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cain, Breen/Reman Boff) ACCOUNT WIDE as long as we have the items on at least 1 Character orrrrrr

C ) should i just say sc*** this, i PASS and pretend that there is no such event going on???

Personaly i think B ) sounds not to bad, but i could end up with C ) and A )hmmmmm i dont know, sounds a little bit to Painfull maybe??.........

So like nearly everyone here allready said including me, GET RID of that per Character for the Unique Items, Once Finished on 1 Character make it an Account Wide Unlock for all existing and Future Characters, just leave the Dill and Mark Reward PER Character so whoever wants it on more Characters can go through it Multiple Times.

CMON MAN, Even you guys should see what an EPIC FAIL it is trying to force us to do this on i dont know how many Characters if we want the Unique Reward, would ANYONE of you do that if you were in our Positions? I DONT THINK SO.

Event SHIPS / Event ITEMS, WHATS the big difference?! You made the Ships Account Wide, but you DELIBERATLY Refuse to do the same with the Unique Items, JEEEEEZ Snap out of it allready and DO THE RIGHT THING!

D) Accept that you don't have to have everything on every one of your (kindof insane number of) characters and learn to enjoy life knowing that it's okay if you don't see and do everything there is to see and do and pray you never regret doing it on character X?

Fixed it for you.

Edit in response to edit: Eh, I can understand the complaints and what's causing the mindset in question (as seen in my 'fix'). Doesn't make it any less underhanded, or remove the reasons for said mindset.

The part I hate the most is that I know exactly what they're doing, and yet despite my initial reaction of 'hell no!', I've gone and started running all nine characters through the event after all... :frowning:
      Post edited by dalolorn on

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
      Passing this one, ROI is not there for me.

Making it an account-unlock would make me do it.​​
      U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
      STO Screenshot Archive

• borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
      Folks it's all about the metrics. The time it takes to complete this daily is longer so you will stay in the game longer. Since most of us have alts Cryptic figures people will probably spend on average 2 or more hours in game per day. With this event they can pad their metrics to show that the Players Love It.

Enjoy the grindfest, me i'll continue to play X-rebirth and give STO a pass for a month or two.
    • borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User

Hah you think those numbers are bad.... people are finding out just how grindy this thing is and opting out. I bet the numbers tank next week to the point where hardly anyone is doing it.