test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc 3.0 Incoming!

Hey guys!

When we launched the Arc platform in 2014, our goal was to create a platform that allows gamers to find the best free-to-play games. That vision still holds true and we are launching Arc Quests this week to give you more opportunity to discover games, be rewarded for playing, and for follow the latest updates for games on the Arc platform.

With Arc 3.0, we're updating tons of features on our platform, including quests that will reward players with ZEN while they play and enjoy their games!

You can learn more about Arc 3.0 here.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Begs the question, how many ARC points equals how much Zen? Doesn't say.

Reminds me of collecting Kool-Aid points to redeem stuff. Thousands to get me a Game Boy game.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Yup, I'm expecting something like 10,000 Arc Points for 10 ZEN.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Sounds like its a similar idea to Raptr and the like is what they are aiming for. But the rewards will probably require massive game-time to earn anything worthwhile.
    SulMatuul.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Still not interested, but thanks for trying pig-4.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Arc quests: another transparent attempt to get people to use their crummy launcher, without doing anything to solve the reasons people don't use it in the first place.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    If it's rewarding zen for very little real effort or doing things I was going to do anyway, that's fine by me. I'm easily bought.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Ok am i the only person to like the sound if arc rewards?
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    My one and only question is whether using Arc remains optional.

Or, phrased another way, whether I continue as a subscriber to this game or not.

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Given the resource drain from Arc on low spec machines i would rather see Arc's influence diminished instead of being increased.

I just hope this new version doesn't come with an increase in resource drainage.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Instead of projects like this, could we please get support for things that directly impact gameplay?

Perhaps fixing the in-game UI, so it does not eat half of the frame-rate, for starters?
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »

Conspiracy theory ahead: I wonder if this is why Mac Client support is being dropped. Arc isn't on the Mac and it will soon be mandatory to run PWE games...
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    From looking at the pics in the blog it looks to be around 10,000 points for 10 zen. No idea how long that takes to earn though as you only get 500pts per level and each level requires "quests" to level up.
    I guess for free zen it's not a bad thing despite the steep grind/prices, provided as @questerius says the launcher doesn't chew up your system.
    SulMatuul.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Conspiracy theory ahead: I wonder if this is why Mac Client support is being dropped. Arc isn't on the Mac and it will soon be mandatory to run PWE games...

I agree. ARC becoming mandatory isn't a "if" question, it's simply a "when". I'm wondering however why they don't simply make it mandatory as quickly as they dropped the Mac client. The people actually quitting to play entirely because of that should be a disappearing minority, really.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Yup, I'm expecting something like 10,000 Arc Points for 10 ZEN.

From this article, you are correct.

1000 Arc Points = 1 Zen, minimum buy of 5 Zen.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9839863-arc-quests-reward-you-for-discovering-new-games
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    From looking at the pics in the blog it looks to be around 10,000 points for 10 zen. No idea how long that takes to earn though as you only get 500pts per level and each level requires "quests" to level up.
    I guess for free zen it's not a bad thing despite the steep grind/prices, provided as @questerius says the launcher doesn't chew up your system.

So 20 levels of quests to earn 10 cents worth of Zen. Um... no.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    So 0.5 zen a day if you do the 3 quests? How will I ever spend this bounty? ;)
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    So if i just want to play STO will i be rewarded? Or lose rewards because i dont want to play the other games. Because I dont really want to play other games.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    So 0.5 zen a day if you do the 3 quests? How will I ever spend this bounty? ;)

You should start thinking about which ship to buy next. Otherwise your Zen will keep piling up!
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Even with the dil exchange the way it is now, I can easily get over double that in a single day's dil grinding. No thanks.

Should be noted, I actually understand not giving out big payouts from a business standpoint; zen purchases are, after all, what keep the game going at all. However, that being the case I think they simply shouldn't bother with this system at all. Ten zen over however many days is not going to make Arc any less of a nuisance.

And why, or why, do web designers and the like keep insisting on making everything so flashy? It makes things harder to navigate and takes up ever more system resources. The KISS principle exists for a reason, guys.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    ok no-one seems to have asked this and it is nowhere in the post when is this system going live
    The True King In The North
  • dashripkindashripkin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    ok no-one seems to have asked this and it is nowhere in the post when is this system going live

I would also like to know this.
    i haeve teh fancay signaetures!!!!!!!1 i am teh l33t usar!!!!!!1
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Sounds like its a similar idea to Raptr and the like is what they are aiming for. But the rewards will probably require massive game-time to earn anything worthwhile.

As half the super nerds on this game put in massive game time, i don't see why once again, people are resenting something that does no harm. Why not earn something for nothing that requires no more effort than a lot of people would put in anyway in their normal playtime?

Its laughable that people just resent ARC for the sake of it. I would like someone to list the negatives of using ARC. Find me one legitimately bad thing and i would be amazed.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »

Or, phrased another way, whether I continue as a subscriber to this game or not.

OH NO! The horror!

*audience gasps*
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • dashripkindashripkin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    caldannach wrote: »
    Find me one legitimately bad thing and i would be amazed.

The only real issue I have had with ARC is a sound issue. If I plug my headset in and launch STO from ARC, everything is fine. If I launch STO from ARC without my headset plugged in, everything is fine. If I plug my headset in after launching STO from ARC, everything is fine. If I close the game client and unplug my headset, the sound returns to my speakers. But, at that point, I cannot plug my headset back in at any time--with or without the game running--and have sound return to my headset until I reboot. After much mucking about in my system, I discovered that ARC doesn't actually close gameclient.exe. It remains running in the system, but uses no resources. I am unable to kill the task, and cannot actually close ARC, either. If I launch the game client directly, everything works fine. Somewhere in there, ARC is the problem.
    i haeve teh fancay signaetures!!!!!!!1 i am teh l33t usar!!!!!!1
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Well the reward thing is a nice idea but if they suck that bad I won't bother.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I'm indifferent about this...

:neutral:
    6tviTDx.png

• arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    No thanks.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Lol no, still not installing that bloatware...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif