test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrading the rarity of reputation gear does not increase the base statistics

sathyannesathyanne Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I have encountered an issue when trying to upgrade reputation weapons and starship components.
Contrary to other reputation gear, when they are upgraded to Ultra-Rare or Epic, the base stats are not improved.
For example,
- A Proton Stabilizer Mk XIV VR console has its Starship EPS and Proton Weapon Damage Increase in the possible results info which is normal compared to the usual console upgrade paths

- A Gravimetric Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV VR has its damage reduced from 5928.5 to 5827.1 according to the possible results info so this is actually a regression

- A Ultra-Rare Adapted M.A.C.O. Covariant Shield Array mk XIV [Ap] has 11467.2 Maxixum Shield capacity. The possible result gives an Epic version with the exact same stats

So, I remember a patch notes from a few month ago that said that the difference between MK XII, XIII and XIV had been increased to make the upgrade worth it. Have reputation starship components and weapons have been forgotten ??
What would be the point of upgrading a starship component beyond Ultra-Rare if there is no stats increase???
Post edited by sathyanne on

Comments

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Keep in mind that stats directly increase only during a Mark increase, so those Mk XIVs you're demonstrating tells me that they've hit the end of their major stat increases.

However, going from VR to UR or even epic will grant more mods to the item(s), and, depending on the exact mod, might or might not receive extra stat increases.

Since most weapons get a combo of ACC and DMG as their epic mod, the weapon will reflect that slight stat increase during the upgrade process.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    tedchrotedchro Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    sathyanne wrote: »
    I have encountered an issue when trying to upgrade reputation weapons and starship components.
    Contrary to other reputation gear, when they are upgraded to Ultra-Rare or Epic, the base stats are not improved.
    For example,
    - A Proton Stabilizer Mk XIV VR console has its Starship EPS and Proton Weapon Damage Increase in the possible results info which is normal compared to the usual console upgrade paths

- A Gravimetric Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV VR has its damage reduced from 5928.5 to 5827.1 according to the possible results info so this is actually a regression

- A Ultra-Rare Adapted M.A.C.O. Covariant Shield Array mk XIV [Ap] has 11467.2 Maxixum Shield capacity. The possible result gives an Epic version with the exact same stats

So, I remember a patch notes from a few month ago that said that the difference between MK XII, XIII and XIV had been increased to make the upgrade worth it. Have reputation starship components and weapons have been forgotten ??
    What would be the point of upgrading a starship component beyond Ultra-Rare if there is no stats increase???

• Options
    tedchrotedchro Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    i faced the same issue when i tried to upgrade my newtronic torpedoe from xiii to xiv and the stats doesnot change then whats the point to upgrade? any solutions?
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    This is a bug. And it needs to be rectified.
    T93uSC8.jpg