test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Suggestion) New Gamecontent - GALAXYWIDE ILLNESS

toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
How about a Galaxywide new Problem to solve ....

ILLNESS , a Desease wich spread from system to system and affects all players ?
suggest contact between players is enough to spread this thing ,

player gets a color change or something visual (maybe behavior / style) and also a nerv factor
- maybe slowniness or problems with the visual , or falling on movement or slower key control .......

The only cure against it would be produced with blood from some races
- like ferengi or a nother rare race wich is to collect.
- it must be refined by scientist characters with equipment from technican
- it must be given by other characters like strategist (fast enough)

Also there can be some space campaigns
- like system isolations / break trues, so we have a spread out over the galaxy
- maybe the systems wich are affected change also colour or something,
- scientist research ships (capaign jobs ) to check and control the systems
- campaign jobs for military to isolate them

ok thats only a suggestion , but it shoud be not to much a problem to take that with the game engine !

why the pooor ferengi... because they have the best metabolism to resist illness,
and they are a little rare and underdog here ...
Post edited by toraknu on

(Suggestion) New Gamecontent - GALAXYWIDE ILLNESS 69 votes

Ok sounds like a new interresting Gamplay , lets make more of it !!!! Suggest it to the STAFF !
11%
comrademocoarendsklauwtdwisetancrediivthay8472nikeixcrm14916officerbatman81 8 votes
NO men , dont bother us with new contents like that , we want to have it peace an silent
88%
hyefatherikonn#1068steinbergzulisvelssbn655berginsshpoksalexraptorrmustrumridcully0dracounguisbeameddowncidjackquesteriuszarato4218bloodyrizarabaturkodachikunojcsteelearliekkosrattler2 61 votes

Comments

• lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Absolutely not
  • harlekwin10077harlekwin10077 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    NO men , dont bother us with new contents like that , we want to have it peace an silent
    Absolutely not

Quite, after all "Galactic Outbreak" was such a joy in SWTOR...
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    In other games, actual viruses if not having too serious of consequences spreading between players, would be pretty cool stuff, like certain fantasy MMO's PWE also owns, but here I don't know about that. *Sneezes* Darn it, you're behind this, you're going to monopolize the antidote!
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    toraknu wrote: »

player gets a color change or something visual (maybe behavior / style) and also a nerv factor
    - maybe slowniness or problems with the visual , or falling on movement or slower key control .......

ok thats only a suggestion , but it shoud be not to much a problem to take that with the game engine !

why the pooor ferengi... because they have the best metabolism to resist illness,

Oh gee another TRIBBLE idea imported from WOW first the new dumb down Skills and now you want to repeat the TRIBBLE that happened when they did this in WOW. Chaos reigned as player after player went around griefing others by spreading the Zombie plague. Yeah that was real fun...
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    So the OP wants us to save the STO Universe from Papa Nurgle, eh?

Something like that might be interesting if I trusted Cryptic to handle it correctly. Which, of course, I do not.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    No. Rakghoul plague was more annoying than fun, especially with all the griefers.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'll just take the high road and say I voted no. I very strongly oppose this idea.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    While true, plagues, viruses, diseases and deadly bioweapons still exist in trek, one was a cure found on one planet that can only be harvested and refined there, it can not be replicated. the deal was with ligon to a federation colony on Styris 4 another such case is on Teplan. even on federation owned or controlled property, viruses and generic viruses had their moments, one such case on the enterprise-d and another on deep space 9.

in the end, i doubt you can find a natural virus or plague that can infect every race, it wouldnt be possible because some races are built differently, for example on the teplan homeworld with the teplan blight, the reason it couldnt effect humans is because humans and teplans are built differently, thus the virus had no effect human physiology, but this was a deadly bioweapon created by the dominion which was eradicated when babies are delivered as they do not inherit the blight.

there was another, the aphasia virus that showed effects to inhabiting in multiple species but even ferengi were immune to it like changelings and possibly dopeterians as well.

if there is to be a global virus, some species must show immunity to it while others show a more alarming rate of reproduction and earlier death than others due to physiological differences or whatever else.

but to my opinion, i dont see the point. i dont vote in the poll because of the bias in the two answers provided.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I am going to vote no to THIS PARTICULAR proposal... Not the idea of major universe events that would require player intervention or the use of all 3 classes to achieve "global" goals.

SWTOR has an interesting disease based event, thats fairly fun, but also doesn't require much player activity beyond 'slay TRIBBLE' to 'fix' the scenario. But it could be used as a basis from which to expand upon. Sci characters research vaccines, counter agents, etc. Eng work on containment technologies, and devices to "attack" the infection/infected. Tac work on the actual 'slay TRIBBLE' aspect of the pandemic and perhaps work on defending evacuation routes or purging infection zones.

There are a lot of possibilities with a "pandemic" scenario, or other "global" events that require player participation that could be quite a bit of fun. I just don't see this one as suggested being it.
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Only if the symptoms are like Naked Time / Naked Now.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Peace and silence that is why we toned down everything for the temporal cold war arc...

because warm war was getting on peoples nerves :L
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I like the idea of it. But it has to been done right. I didn't vote cause it didn't have enough options.

To me I rather see it in part of a mini story arc or at least more than 1-2 FEs to cover it. This was part of my idea submitted when they was looking at "exploration" a while back for ideas.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Oh gee another TRIBBLE idea imported from WOW first the new dumb down Skills and now you want to repeat the TRIBBLE that happened when they did this in WOW. Chaos reigned as player after player went around griefing others by spreading the Zombie plague. Yeah that was real fun...

I actually had tons of fun during the event. So what it removed you from your daily stuff. It didn't last long and you went back to your normal daily stuff. That was one of the best times.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I wanted to slash my wrists after reading the OP.... and that was just because of his grammar and punctuation. Ugh
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    toraknu wrote: »

Pretty much this. The complaints on the forum would literally block the sun (just like in WoW), and those complaints would be justified (just like in WoW). It would become forced PvP on the only server, which is PvE, and that is BAD BAD BAD.

The only way I could see this work is if it just gave a cosmetic effect and nothing else. "Well, TRIBBLE I'm growing Ferengi ears again" or something like that. No in-game penalties, no damage component, no zombification, NOTHING LIKE THIS. Just make it a simple cosmetic effect and things would go much easier. You'd also have fewer complaints.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    I wanted to slash my wrists after reading the OP.... and that was just because of his grammar and punctuation. Ugh

is that why you decided to comment, to insult the person on how he/she writes?
    you can go ahead and slash your wrists now, i will watch and see if you do it.

not constructive at all, is it?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Ok sounds like a new interresting Gamplay , lets make more of it !!!! Suggest it to the STAFF !
    Yes, why not???
    6tviTDx.png

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    All I will say is I am taking my usual stance and voting against the bias of the poll question/answers.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    No.

There are bio filters, quarantine procedures and let not forget common sense so how would a plague spread across the Galaxy.
    I do feel that with large parts of the Delta Quadrant yet to be explored there is room for the Vidians and the Vidian Phage.
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Vidiian

Though claimed to be cured by the Think Tank it is uncertain if that claim is true or false.
    Could be interesting for a medical based reputation. Why does everything have to be "pew pew".
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    No for the obvious reasons others have stated and more.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    Might be a good mission but the rest of it seems like a P.I.T.A.
    <3
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I am going to vote no to THIS PARTICULAR proposal... Not the idea of major universe events that would require player intervention or the use of all 3 classes to achieve "global" goals.

SWTOR has an interesting disease based event, thats fairly fun, but also doesn't require much player activity beyond 'slay TRIBBLE' to 'fix' the scenario. But it could be used as a basis from which to expand upon. Sci characters research vaccines, counter agents, etc. Eng work on containment technologies, and devices to "attack" the infection/infected. Tac work on the actual 'slay TRIBBLE' aspect of the pandemic and perhaps work on defending evacuation routes or purging infection zones.

There are a lot of possibilities with a "pandemic" scenario, or other "global" events that require player participation that could be quite a bit of fun. I just don't see this one as suggested being it.

This guys get's it.
    These are the kinds of random events I want to see implemented in game.
    Where the classes would have work as a team but accomplish different goals to succeed.

Red Alerts could also be used to spice up the game, by allowing Ultra Rare Bosses to spawn every so often. Like an OP Crystalline Entity, where you'd need an instance of 50 players to take it down.
    These random events would be very hard, long battles, but rewarding if completed.
    They could even add back in special drops from these mega bosses. (Like the Borg set used to be)
    Not to mention, they have a lot of options for these Ultra Rare Bosses...
    Entity
    Doomsday Machine
    Borg Queen - Take on an OP Queen Ship
    Mirror Invasion
    Borg Invasion at Wolf359

All of these Bosses could be campable (like we used to do in EQ, WoW or Diablo 2) remember camping bosses way way back ?
    Was fun, and exciting as hell when you finally got that "magic sword" you'd been hunting for a week.. lol
    We need some of that spirit injected into STO.

Random events could be really fun, and go a long way in relieving some of the boredom of the current End Game.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Pandemic of epic whining.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I saw something just like what the OP suggested in Word of Warcraft, as a leadup event to Wrath of the Lich King...

It simply resulted in the disease being abused completely by trolls in order to grief other players... Hell no am I going through that again...

If STO was to do something of (even remotely) this nature, I'd avoid playing the game like the... Erm... Plague... For the duration of the 'event'...​​
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    This guys get's it.

I wan an April Fool's Event where the Red Alert Borg Cubes are replaced by Rice Krispie Treats. A Galaxy-Wide Illness of your tummy brought to you by the Rice Krispie Fleets!

Seriously, this topic idea would probably just work to grief players. It could be fun if it could worked out correctly, but I doubt that it could.
  • ryghanryghan Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Newp - don't like this mechanic in other games I play/have played and don't want to see it here. "Forcing" people to get ill to get a cure, imho, is just opening up another (un-needed) grief avenue.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    How about an April 1st event where everyone gets flatulence?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    I would like something like that, but in the form like it is done in The Expanse (books/new TV show). So instead of having a simple disease we would have to deal with something that could transform biomass and everything it comes in contact with. I don't know how exactly it could be implemented, but I'm more than certain it would be very interesting.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    This guys get's it.

I wan an April Fool's Event where the Red Alert Borg Cubes are replaced by Rice Krispie Treats. A Galaxy-Wide Illness of your tummy brought to you by the Rice Krispie Fleets!

Seriously, this topic idea would probably just work to grief players. It could be fun if it could worked out correctly, but I doubt that it could.

No you seem to misunderstand.
    I don't mean an event where players pass a disease on to each other as OP suggests. That would be Troll bait/Griefers heaven.

What I mean, is that a section of Sector Space would be "Infected" by a disease, and all Captains would be called to that area to eradicate the illness.
    Each class would have to do different tasks in that area of sector space. To help fight the spread of the illness.

For example, Science captains could explore the worlds within the area for certain plants (medicines). Engineers would have to build containment units for the medicine, and Tac captains would have to escort the medical supply ships to their destination.
    Or some variation to this..

I support this idea, but not as OP suggests, where it would be a trolls heaven.
    In the version I suggest, there would be no player to player transmissions of the disease.

We've seen many episodes of Trek, where they deal with disease/plague. Or discover entire solar systems wiped out by a disease.
    So I think if done properly, these events could bring some much needed variety in STO.

I would also support the Rice Krispie Treats Red Alert. Naturally.
    :sunglasses:

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg